Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-10-06, 06:50 AM   #126
kakihara1
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmiyux
Di you get that from me as well? I swear i was giving away that achievement like it was candy at Halloween.

Well to everyone except Canis
Hehe I also screwed Canis outta the five takedown acheivement. Oh and the acheivment I got from you last night xmiyux was just fifty takedowns online.
Old 03-10-06, 07:14 AM   #127
Obey The D
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This game is a blast to play on line. Just remember that whatever you do, DO NOT use the hot rod. I figured since this is an "arcade style" racer that all the cars would handle well............boy was I wrong. If there was an achievment for crashing on your own 20 times in one race I would have gotten it last night.

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
Old 03-10-06, 07:19 AM   #128
flashburn
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Di you get that from me as well? I swear i was giving away that achievement like it was candy at Halloween.

I don't think so. I didn't get many takedowns on you (or any I think). I think it was Canis.
Old 03-10-06, 07:24 AM   #129
Canis Firebrand
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Quote:

Yeah.. tell me about it.. I even gave someone that achivement.

I've still got 4 up on Martin. One more takedown and that achivement is mine.
Though he'll probably get luckly like when I had 4 up on you. Got a cheap takedown and settled the score.
Old 03-10-06, 07:25 AM   #130
kakihara1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vryce
Yeah.. tell me about it.. I even gave someone that achivement.

I've still got 4 up on Martin. One more takedown and that achivement is mine.
Though he'll probably get luckly like when I had 4 up on you. Got a cheap takedown and settled the score.
and I'll laugh and laugh.
Old 03-10-06, 08:10 AM   #131
xmiyux
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It can't be worse than that crap settling the score Canis got on me once. I go leaping off a ledge aimed straight to land on top of him. I hit on top of him and it doesn't kill him. Instead it bounces me into the side of a regular car (not a bus) and it gives him a takedown. Grrr. He probably didn't even know where i was let alone try to take me down.

I got my 5 in a row achievement off Canis
And i think i'm a couple up on flashburn maybe?
I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory... and I didn't have a good time.

Live gamertag: xmiyux
Old 03-10-06, 09:29 AM   #132
aerobson

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn
I don't think so. I didn't get many takedowns on you (or any I think). I think it was Canis.
No, it was me. I'll admit it. I've still got that damn red triangle and big old 5 right next to your name. I'll take care of that next time. I was too focused on winning the races last night to worry about revenge. It's hard to get revenge on people that are half a mile behind you

8-Bit Brigade Check us out!
Old 03-10-06, 09:48 AM   #133
Canis Firebrand
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobson
No, it was me. I'll admit it. I've still got that damn red triangle and big old 5 right next to your name. I'll take care of that next time. I was too focused on winning the races last night to worry about revenge. It's hard to get revenge on people that are half a mile behind you
That's why I think Miyu got so many takedowns. He wasn't focused on the race at all, just hanging back and taking people out.

And Martin. I'm coming for #5 next time you're on. I want my achivement too, darnit!
Old 03-10-06, 09:50 AM   #134
BeanDip0001
DVD Talk Special Edition

so is tonight going to be halo2 or is everyone playing burnout?
Old 03-10-06, 09:54 AM   #135
Canis Firebrand
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Friday is Halo night. Usually starts around 8pm est when msot people seem to be on. Before that, I plan on playing some more Burnout. Either single player career or online if people are on.
Old 03-10-06, 10:08 AM   #136
xmiyux
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll be on Halo tonight. Every so often it seems people get annoyed and bail early and if that is the case i might do some late Burnout, but Friday night is Halo night baby.

And Canis is 100% correct, heck i will intentionally slow down just to get to spar with someone behind me if the next person is too far ahead. It's all about the takedowns to me. Mostly because if i focus too much on the racing it just gets a little dull due to being far ahead and everyone fighting behind you they never catch up. Might as well be a single player game then
I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory... and I didn't have a good time.

Old 03-10-06, 10:22 AM   #137
fab

Wow, I really suck at the on-line racing; I didn't come close to winning a single race on-line last night. I'm either picking the wrong cars to use or I'm very outclassed (very likely). I do OK on the Crash Parties though.

--
fab (Gamertag: BillyBobX)
Old 03-10-06, 10:25 AM   #138
Liver&Onions
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakihara1
You're on my friends list already so whenever you see me playing just send me an invite and we'll hook up..........ending with you smashing headlong into a barracade
It's been nothing but smack talk from you! First on Geo Wars where I'm kicking your ass and now this! Damn!

I looked for you online when I got on, but you were already off...you must be an East Coast guy.
Old 03-10-06, 11:02 AM   #139
kakihara1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
It's been nothing but smack talk from you! First on Geo Wars where I'm kicking your ass and now this! Damn!

I looked for you online when I got on, but you were already off...you must be an East Coast guy.
Yeah I get so used to playing with the likes of Canis, Czar, Miyu, Golucky, BeanDip, JB, Duster, etc. etc. Smacktalking is a way of life. Seriously though L&A you need to come Some of these games with us we have an awesome time online and the shit talk is almost as important as winning

*Edit and I really do mean to get some GeoWars in soon having someone on my leaderboard with a high score actually makes me want to play

Last edited by kakihara1; 03-10-06 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-10-06, 11:05 AM   #140
Liver&Onions
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Yeah I get so used to playing with the likes of Canis, Czar, Miyu, Golucky, BeanDip, JB, Duster, etc. etc. Smacktalking is a way of life. Seriously though L&A you need to come Some of these games with us we have an awesome time online and the shit talk is almost as important as winning

When I see you on there, consider it on!
Old 03-10-06, 12:01 PM   #141
mrpayroll

Frys Southern CA ad:

XBox 360

NBA Live 2006
Burnout Revenge
Fight Night Round 3
Dead or Alive 4

$47.99

Chris
Old 03-10-06, 12:07 PM   #142
BeanDip0001
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:

*Edit and I really do mean to get some GeoWars in soon having someone on my leaderboard with a high score actually makes me want to play

damnit my geo wars score is the best man, i think its like what 5 grand
Old 03-10-06, 12:13 PM   #143
DVDChris
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Whoa, I wish I had an Xbox 360 now, this thread is slowly turning into the official DVDtalk Halo Clan for Burnout.

My Collection (This is getting ridiculous)
Old 03-10-06, 12:15 PM   #144
xmiyux
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fight Night for 48$ *drool* too bad no Frys near me. Well that and Oblivion is coming out... but as soon as there is a lull in game releases i need Fight Night.

Old 03-10-06, 12:23 PM   #145
edstein
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I picked up Burnout today at Fry's for $47. They did not get their shipment in for Ghost Recon though. That will have to wait I guess. I won't be able to get online for a couple of weeks though. We are in the process of moving but, I plan on getting into the online game modes with you guys soon.
Old 03-10-06, 12:37 PM   #146
BeanDip0001
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDChris
Whoa, I wish I had an Xbox 360 now, this thread is slowly turning into the official DVDtalk Halo Clan for Burnout.
yeah man you should get one, oh wait the last shipment of all 300 to the US sold out super fast. no really cc had them online earlier just the good console for 399. the 360 is awesome and anyone who thinks other well see here is my foot, there is your face, here is my foot kicking you in your face. problem solved!

really though pick one up if you get the chance and have the money for it
Old 03-10-06, 12:40 PM   #147
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Hero

Finally snagged it today at lunch. I'll be on tonight for sure, well unless we get another storm like last night(lost power around 10pm-4am).

Now Playing
Infamous: SS | Almost Finished Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Old 03-10-06, 12:46 PM   #148
BeanDip0001
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Fight Night for 48$ *drool* too bad no Frys near me. Well that and Oblivion is coming out... but as soon as there is a lull in game releases i need Fight Night.

yeah he doesn't have anything near him, no best buy, no frys, but he does have this go xmiyux!!!

Last edited by BeanDip0001; 03-10-06 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-10-06, 12:49 PM   #149
xmiyux
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Someone obviously failed Geography in school. Virginia Tech ---> Virginia != West Virginia

I mean sheesh, 2 different sides in the War Between the States and i even live on the other side of the state. I'm looking directly onto the Ohio River where i live.

Besides, those Virginia Tech folks never were very bright.

Old 03-10-06, 12:54 PM   #150
BeanDip0001
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Someone obviously failed Geography in school. Virginia Tech ---> Virginia != West Virginia

I mean sheesh, 2 different sides in the War Between the States and i even live on the other side of the state. I'm looking directly onto the Ohio River where i live.

Besides, those Virginia Tech folks never were very bright.
you all live in the hills and love one another i know you do, and i fixed it, there really can't be that much of a difference anyway an east or west can't make virginia anything any better
Sponsored Links