Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Burnout Revenge 360

Old 03-08-06, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burnout is now showing up as "available" at my local Best Buy using their lookup. Now to convince them to sell to me today...
Old 03-08-06, 10:52 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked up both Burnout and Ghost Recon at my local best buy. They had just put them out on the shelves a little bit before I got there at 11:30am.
Old 03-08-06, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Vryce
I picked up both Burnout and Ghost Recon at my local best buy. They had just put them out on the shelves a little bit before I got there at 11:30am.
Sweet!!
Old 03-08-06, 11:02 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Yeah.. now to figure out which game to play. I thikn everyone is going to end up going G.R.A.W.
Old 03-08-06, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bah, not me. I loathe the Ghost Recon line of games.
Old 03-08-06, 11:13 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I'll probably be playing Burnout while Jalth plays Ghost Recon.

Since we have one copy, I'll play it a bit and then pass it to him. If I end up liking it and its a popular game, I'll have to look for a deal on it to get a second copy. I didn't like any of the previous G.R. games, but the screenshots and gameplay features of this one have me intrigued.
Though I will say that my previous impression of the G.R. line was when I hated FPS games. Halo 2 has change my opinion of them. So, maybe I might like G.R.
Old 03-08-06, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts
Originally Posted by xmiyux
Bah, not me. I loathe the Ghost Recon line of games.
ditto.
Old 03-08-06, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll probably be playing Burnout while Jalth plays Ghost Recon.

Since we have one copy, I'll play it a bit and then pass it to him. If I end up liking it and its a popular game, I'll have to look for a deal on it to get a second copy. I didn't like any of the previous G.R. games, but the screenshots and gameplay features of this one have me intrigued.
Though I will say that my previous impression of the G.R. line was when I hated FPS games. Halo 2 has change my opinion of them. So, maybe I might like G.R.
For the most part i abhor any 3rd person shooters. The only game that i enjoyed in the 3rd person was Thief 3.

I was also kind of turned off by the amount of teamwork required in the games because i was playing them online alone. Perhaps with our clan and learning to work together itmight be better.

What are these features that intrigue you?
Old 03-08-06, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah.. now to figure out which game to play. I thikn everyone is going to end up going G.R.A.W.
I hope so, increases my odds at the contest that starts next week
Old 03-08-06, 02:54 PM

Fuck Yeah!!! my copy is in Canis I will be kicking your ass in yet another racing game starting tonight
Old 03-08-06, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have mine, too! Can't wait to pop it in! :-)
Old 03-08-06, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Feel free to add me to your list. I got Burnout today. Heading upstairs to play in a few.
Old 03-08-06, 11:23 PM

me too!

Gamertag: Cwispas
Old 03-09-06, 06:42 AM

This game is fun as hell when everyone can get together, the damn rooms won't let everyone connect easily for some reason. But when we did all get together it was an absolute blast

HotThang where the hell were you buddy?

The Bus and cwispas I'll add you guys when I get home.
Old 03-09-06, 06:44 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

That was so much fun last night. Though I do agree about the conneceting to each other. What a pain. Takes a while to get everything set.

But at least once you get a game going, you can all stay together. And each race is a series of rounds, so it makes the racing last longer.

I still have some rival scores to settle. Guess they have to wait a while now as tonight should be GRAW night.
Old 03-09-06, 06:48 AM

Fuck GRAW (only cause I don't have it) I want to play more Revenge!! I can't remember if I have a score to settle with you or not but you're obligated to play for at least an hour or so tonight, I can't imagine GRAW being more fun than this.
Old 03-09-06, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Burnout is simultaneously some of the most fun and most irritating things i've played online. Once the game is up and running it is awesome, but man of man they need to patch the garbage of a online setup. I thought having everything unified on Live through Microsoft was supposed to keep me from having to deal with crap like that.

It cracks me up how it always gives you an option to hit "y" to bring up your friends. It's as if the guide button was never explained to them.
Old 03-09-06, 06:54 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I think they added that, and I actually liked it, when trying to send invites.
If you press the guide button, you have to press it, then move to the friends list section.
In the lobby, you just hit Y and it goes right to your friends list in one button press.
Sure, its not that much more convieient, but it is a nice feature.
They need to fix the lobbies though, I agree. PGR3 had the same thing, where you would get an invite and try to join a lobby. It would look like it was letting you in, but then it said " you can't connect to the host" or something like that.
Old 03-09-06, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought the game was ok..still fun, but not leaps and bounds over XBOX fun. I'm glad I didn't play the XBOX version much though. I only played one LIVE match, played a few offline stuff...trying to unlock things.
Old 03-09-06, 07:10 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I never played a Burnout game before, so it was all new to me. I played a bit of the single player mode yesterday to get a feel for the game.
The online portion is where its at though. The rivalery portion is what makes it fun. It tracks all that stuff and lets you know at the start of the race and shows you during.
I think I have a score to settle with you Martin. I think you took me out twice so far.
And Miyu made me mad last night. I had him taken out 4 times and he gets lucky on one shot and takes me out, thus settling his score with me.

If it happened when I think it did, I was trying to ram him into a wall, hit him from behind. Instead, it crashes me and gives him the takedown kill.
Old 03-09-06, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll definitely be up for some Burnout online tonight.
Old 03-09-06, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had him taken out 4 times and he gets lucky on one shot and takes me out, thus settling his score with me.
I think you mistake luck for sheer unadulterated skill my friend.

That being said i was whoring the 5 takedown in a row achievement out for everyone last night it seemed.
Old 03-09-06, 07:33 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I think you mistake luck for sheer unadulterated skill my friend.

That being said i was whoring the 5 takedown in a row achievement out for everyone last night it seemed.
Except no love me me. I was 1 away from it and I was denied.
Heck, even TJ got it off someone. ANd he was getting taken out left and right as well.
Old 03-09-06, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Heck, even TJ got it off someone. ANd he was getting taken out left and right as well.
Yeah TJ got the thing off of me. You should have heard me cussing, it was like getting killed three times in a row by Jason. Well, or Jalth for that matter really.
Old 03-09-06, 07:48 AM

Yeah TJ got the thing off of me. You should have heard me cussing, it was like getting killed three times in a row by Jason. Well, or Jalth for that matter really.

LMAO! nice posting about a guy that doesn't even belong to the site I had it on Czar one more to go but the bastard got lucky. I honestly can't wait to get home to play this game.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.