Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Burnout Revenge 360

Old 03-25-06, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so I'm trying to get online with this and can't. I keep getting the following message:

"you have failed to connect to players in this game. please ensure your network settings are configured correctly."

the thing is, I know I'm online as I can hear everyone talking in the background. I have been trying for atleast 15min. too.
Old 03-25-06, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
so I'm trying to get online with this and can't. I keep getting the following message:

"you have failed to connect to players in this game. please ensure your network settings are configured correctly."

the thing is, I know I'm online as I can hear everyone talking in the background. I have been trying for atleast 15min. too.
Was it the same group you kept trying to join? Normally when someone can't get into our room whoever is running the room has to back out, form a new room, and then often everyone can join. If not, wash rinse repeat, forming new rooms. EA servers suck really badly.
Old 03-25-06, 08:31 PM

I tried both forms of the quick match as well as every different custom match I could find. I still haven't connected for a race. I did however connect to one race and got kicked out immediately after I got in though.
Old 03-25-06, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR52
if anyone is looking for the celebrity status achievement, now's the time. they reset the top 20 and i happen to be on at the right time, so now my crappy clip is number 1 on the list.
I just upped some crappy crash I did just to get something online pretty quick. I'm hoping I get this achievement someday.
Old 03-25-06, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That error was driving me crazy last weekend (the last time I tried to play online). I thought it might be my connection but I think it's a fairly common problem. Still looking for the pattern to determine what causes it.

I was joining a game with 3 other people IIRC. My connection is 6 megs down and ~350k up. I'm on a wired network using a Linksys router. NAT is fine, according to the 360's network test.
Old 03-25-06, 10:43 PM

my connection seemed fine otherwise so on a whim I tried a game of Full Auto after all the failed messages and I got into a game on Live in about a minute or so.

I finally got into a race in Burnout and it ended up taking me almost 30min. to do it. I usually only play online in periods of around an hour or two and trying for 30min. to get into 1 game is not fun. I think I'm just going to continue playing this offline for now since I just got this yesterday.
Old 03-26-06, 04:13 AM

my clip is garbage and i would take it down, but i think its kind of funny how many times people have downloaded it, just because it somehow ended up number 1. I think i'll leave it up for a few days just to see how high the number can grow, although i do apologize to anyone who downloads it. It really sucks.

Oh and if anyone wants help downloading your clip, I'll be glad to do it. I might need a little break from Oblivion tomorrow anyways. Send me a friend request. bluthswede6
Old 03-26-06, 04:06 PM

I don't have any problems playing online. Sometimes if I try to join a game with only one spot left I get kicked because it already filled up but otherwise online racing is a blast.
Old 03-26-06, 06:57 PM

I got my celebrity achievement so now I want to help out everyone else I can. just send me a friend invite and I'll view your clip. my gamertag is chrishicks
Old 03-26-06, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'll do the same for others as well. Send me a friend request and I'll view your clip if you view mine. My clip is of a Total Payback. Pretty sweet stuff. My gamertag is Doctor West.

Last edited by Eric D.; 03-26-06 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-27-06, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts

This happens occasionally with my group of friends. What we have determined is the host just can't handle anymore players. We all have to back out and try someone else as the host.
Old 04-04-06, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i see that they changed the rules of the "21 Days of Carnage" - AGAIN. Just 2 weeks ago, the rules clearly stated that you could enter 10 times per hour, but could only win the hourly prize twice. Now, it says that you can only win once. Now, my name was on the winners list twice (before this rule change).

This has to be one of the worst-run contests I have ever taken part in.
Old 04-04-06, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey, I just found out about the celebrity stuff. I caught replays of the last race and crash I had, nothing spectacular but the crash was alright. Gamer tag is RogerEbertIsFat - I'd appreciate any help and I'll view anybody else that sends a friend invite for it.
Old 05-06-12, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts
Re: Burnout Revenge 360

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Still my achievement points I'm most proud of. 100% on the single player cheevos.

# 18

Man this game is really fun but can be frustrating at the same time. I Haven't got all perfects but have gone and unlocked all 10 ranks. I haven't done any races in the last 2 rankings, I've decided to come back to it at a later time, I don't want to get bored or pissed off trying to get perfects all at the same time. The races are just too fucking fast for me.

[next game #18 Ghost Recon Advanced War, lets see what the fuss is all about. Hope I like it and it's not too difficult]

[but before continuing on the back catalog, I'm gonna play RAGE]
Old 05-08-18, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The announcement we have all been waiting for...now backwards compatible with XB1!! Can be purchased digitally on the store for $10.
Old 05-08-18, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

No Takedown?
Old 05-08-18, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Takedown was an original Xbox game, not 360. Since they are porting some of those over, it may still happen, but I think Revenge is better in just about every way.
Old 05-08-18, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Takedown was an original Xbox game, not 360. Since they are porting some of those over, it may still happen, but I think Revenge is better in just about every way.
My 360 still plays OG Xbox games