Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Best Grand Theft Auto Sound Track?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: Best GTA Soundtrack...
GTA III
16.13%
GTA Vice City
77.42%
GTA San Andreas
6.45%
GTA Other
0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-05, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which Grand Theft Auto game has the best soundtrack. I personnaly think that Vice City has far and away the most consistent and memorable soundtrack, GTA III had the most oddball, while GTA San Andreas had the most potential but came out very disappointing, even though there were still good tracks to found on there ("Personel Jesus" anyone?).
Old 11-18-05, 02:16 AM

Slight edge to Vice City. Many of the songs in that game brought back memories as I played it. I did enjoy GTA III's almost as much though.
Old 11-18-05, 07:11 AM
Banned

Vice City without a doubt.
Old 11-18-05, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked GTA III. I liked all the "scarface" songs in there....sounded like they ripped that soundtrack. "She's On Fiiiire".

All are decent though
Old 11-18-05, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Rock soundtrack on Vice City can't be beat.
Old 11-18-05, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I liked GTA III. I liked all the "scarface" songs in there....sounded like they ripped that soundtrack. "She's On Fiiiire".

All are decent though
Same here, III is the best for me. I love Lips 106 and especially that song "Bump to the Music" .
Old 11-18-05, 09:36 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vice City, simply due to diversity and sheer number of songs I like. A lot of this has to do with the fact the era was when I really started to get into music. But Quiet Riot, Wanna Be Startin Something, and Video Killed the Radio Star on the same soundtrack = gold.

San Andreas was good, but it didn't feel like enough variety to me. While I understand the focus on urban stations and like a lot of the songs there, it all kinda blended together after awhile. I like the rock station, although they should've split it into metal and alternative instead of combining them. I actually found myself listening to the county station a lot, which surprised me. "I Love a Rainy Night" and "One Step Forward" are great!

GTA3 was okay for what it was. I love the Flashback stuff, especially my all-time favorite GTA track "Shake it Up". The GTA rap theme was fun, mainly because I remembered it from the original GTA on PS1.

Liberty City Stories was disappointing at first, mainly because I was expecting more recognizable licenses. But it's grown on me a lot. Its version of Flashback has a new set of cool Moroder tracks I'm hooked on. The hip hop station has some recognizable tracks, and there are some fun new channels in there. Plus I actually like some of the in-house songs.
Old 11-18-05, 09:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I haven't played San Andreas yet, buy I said GTA III because those songs remind me of the game, VC songs just remind me of the 80s.
Old 11-18-05, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Vice City wins for overall greatness, but learning to fly the wingless Dodo then cruising around Liberty City in it while listening to the Double Cleff classical music station is the BEST
Old 11-18-05, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Vice City, followed by GTA 3, with San Andreas a distant 3rd.