Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The 1/0 E3 2005 'I need a Swag Daddy' thread!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 03:09 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Well, e3 2005 is coming up in 3 weeks...and some of us can't go. Like the year past, lets see if some of us can get a swag daddy to pick us up some extra promo stuff.

Myself, I am in need of anything Nintendo DS, Gamecube, GBA, PS, N-gage related. I would be willing to pay some $ and shipping of course. If anyone is interested in helping me out, please e-mail me. Others, please post as well.
Old 04-22-05, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd appreciate a Swag Daddy [or even better, a Swag Mami].

Most definitely interested in ANY Kingdom Hearts II and PS2 swag.

Thanks.
Old 04-22-05, 04:06 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Unfortunately, i think i'll only be able to attend one day of it. so i'm just gonna grab whatever i can, list/take pics of the loot, and see who wants what from there.
Old 04-22-05, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The beautiful squidget isn't going this year so I'll need adopted.

Primary targets: Nintendo, Namco and KINGDOM HEARTS II.
Old 04-22-05, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Oh! great swag daddy of the internet please hear my call, I'll I want is some xbox2/360 or Nintedo DS Stickers.
Old 04-22-05, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll be going and I'll pick up stuff for yall. Whatever I can get I'll send it out. I never keep any of that shite.
Old 04-22-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You rock!! I'm more than willing to cover shipping + a little extra.
Old 04-22-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would be interested in any SW:Episode 3 and PSP stuff. Also willing to pay for shipping.
Old 04-22-05, 02:46 PM

Unfortunate, land-locked midwest-based gamer seeks E3 swag daddy. Most interested in info on next-gen games and systems (PS3, Xbox 360). Also interested in info on future PSP games, Nintendo's next Gameboy, and any other swag you deem worthy or cool. Swag daddy will be rewarded with paid shipping, a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate, and a variety of DVDs (at LEAST a half-dozen, perhaps more). Obviously, serious inquiries only. Make a middle-aged gamer happy today!
Old 04-22-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Interested in any all Nintendo stuff, stickers, tshirts, toys, etc. Prepaired to Paypal! Thanks to whomever.
Old 04-22-05, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I'm going by myself this year and I need a place to crash and shower - I used to split the cost of a hotel and crap with someone else. I'm clean and I don't make messes or smell bad or take up much room. So if you've got a comfy couch or extra bed or a reasonably comfortable floor - hook me up. It would be nice if you lived somewhat near the staples center. If you're not going and live near there, I can be your personal swagdaddy slave in return. If you're going, we can carpool (I'll have a rental).
Old 04-22-05, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Send me a list of things you want so that I can copy these into a spreadsheet or list so that I remember to grab all that crap when I'm there.
Old 04-22-05, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm going with a couple peeps so I can tell them to hook me up too because I don't think they want any of the swag either.
Old 04-22-05, 05:40 PM

Pixy is right no e3 for me this year.
No longer a Swag Mami, I am now a swag begger.
If anyone can hook a sista up would be much appreciated. Will cover shipping and little extra.
Main interests: Anything from Nintendo, Sega or SNK Playmore

Thanks!
Old 04-22-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I also could use a swag daddy if anyone is willing. I'm specifically looking for Xbox stuff - stickers in particular. However, any little cool things people could spare would make me happy. I'll also be happy to repay you for shipping and effort and such.
Old 04-22-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would be more than willing to take any extra stuff off the hands of you lucky few that are going.

Anything SEGA, SquareEnix, or Capcom related would be hella cool and appreciated. Cool futuristic, sci-fi-y stuff would be super as well.

Anyone willing to hook me up will be handsomely rewarded. TIA.

Last edited by mano365; 04-22-05 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-22-05, 08:08 PM

I need Nintendo, Square-Enix, or Capcom stuff, T-shirts or posters. I asked last year and no one helped.

I will paypal!
Old 04-23-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
Got my badge yesterday and I'm trying to go all three days, but I may end up with only two. I'll try to grab as much stuff as possible.
Old 04-23-05, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Got my badge yesterday in the mail also. I will try to pick up some extra swag as possible, and probably put up a list when I get back home. I didn't really get many multiple items last year (with the exception of demos), but armed with that knowledge hopefully this year will be easier. I do hope to update my blog daily during the convention, and may put up items there as I get them.
Old 04-23-05, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by Trigger
I'm going by myself this year and I need a place to crash and shower - I used to split the cost of a hotel and crap with someone else. I'm clean and I don't make messes or smell bad or take up much room. So if you've got a comfy couch or extra bed or a reasonably comfortable floor - hook me up. It would be nice if you lived somewhat near the staples center. If you're not going and live near there, I can be your personal swagdaddy slave in return. If you're going, we can carpool (I'll have a rental).
I live about an hour from Staples on a good day

In any case, I need a swag daddy to pimp the goodness of XBox, and PS2 stuff.
Old 04-25-05, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Edison
Got my badge yesterday in the mail also. I will try to pick up some extra swag as possible, and probably put up a list when I get back home. I didn't really get many multiple items last year (with the exception of demos), but armed with that knowledge hopefully this year will be easier. I do hope to update my blog daily during the convention, and may put up items there as I get them.
This will be my first time going, so I'd appreciate any of that knowledge you could share.
Old 04-25-05, 10:11 AM

I got my badge as well even though I'm not going. Is it possible that someone can use it? I know last year you had to have ID to pick up a holder. If someone has an extra holder and needs a badge mine is up for grabs.
Old 04-25-05, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Well last year I think I spent too much time trying to get swag, and not enough actually playing the games. Things I noticed were a lot of the swag seems to be available on day 1 (Wed.) after that it seems to be hit & miss. A lot of it is timing you have to be in the right place at the right time, and with it spread over 3 halls and areas this can be difficult.

Some of the booths give different items at different times (SNK). Nvidia had a hunt for stamps/punches book where you had to get like 8 out of ten from different booths and then you traded that for a shirt, I guess they've done this year's prior also. By the end of the first day at least 1/3 of the designs were gone (more popular).

Stuff you have to wait in line for (last year Nintendo DS, Half-Life video, etc.) seemed to me best to go right when the doors open in the morning. I went directly to the NDS line the second day I had to wait about 15 mins where in the afternoon people were saying it was upwards of 45~60 mins.

I also noticed on the last day if they had anything left they usually put it out then, I picked up more of the press type items (CD's, DVD's, brochures) the last day.

Squidget YGM

Last edited by Edison; 04-25-05 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-25-05, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since I have heard from my usual swag daddy, Copenhagen, in quite a while I will need someone this year.

I'll pretty much take anything and will cover shipping and whatnot.
Old 04-25-05, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I live about an hour from Staples on a good day

In any case, I need a swag daddy to pimp the goodness of XBox, and PS2 stuff.
my cousin lives an hour away - I was hoping to do at least a little better than that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.