Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone else have problems w/ LotR: Third Age (Xbox)?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-05, 10:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suspect some of the problems I'm experiencing (sound dropping out and the video skipping) are due to the fact it's a rental disk and has been poorly maintained. However I also seem to be stuck in the East Emnet Gullies because a triggering event hasn't happened. I've found all the elves, liberated the stockade and have received the quest of finding the Rohan soldier however he's no where to be found. The only quest point showing on the map is the exit where the Uruk-hai camp is and no matter what I can't seem to trigger a fight at this location. I've read over the walkthrough from GameFAQ and it seems I've done everything that needs to be done but it's not letting me move on. Has this happened to anyone else?

TIA
Old 03-28-05, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't have any problems when I played it. in the pause menu, what objectives does it say you have yet to complete? and at what percentage?
Old 03-28-05, 02:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's going back to HWV today (it finally crashed w/ a disk unreadable error) but it was something like 77% done w/ just the finding the knight and clearing the pass left to do. I suspect when I buy it eventually I'll just restart, from reading through the FAQ it looks like everything is pretty standard so I'm not going to lose anything interesting/cool by starting from the beginning.

Thanks for responding though
Old 03-28-05, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
It's going back to HWV today (it finally crashed w/ a disk unreadable error) but it was something like 77% done w/ just the finding the knight and clearing the pass left to do. I suspect when I buy it eventually I'll just restart, from reading through the FAQ it looks like everything is pretty standard so I'm not going to lose anything interesting/cool by starting from the beginning.

Thanks for responding though

Oh well, good stuff.

By the way, I think the price is down to $12 or so.