Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Killzone Beta

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-04, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Killzone Beta

I got an invite for the Killzone beta today. Finally, something that should be good. Anyone else get an invite?
Old 08-04-04, 08:06 PM
Banned

I'm in.
Old 08-04-04, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Any chance I can get the disc when your done? Im really looking forward to this game. lets talk [email protected]
Old 08-04-04, 09:08 PM
Banned

Originally posted by zero
Any chance I can get the disc when your done? Im really looking forward to this game. lets talk [email protected]
I was also on the Monster Hunter Beta, and the Beta should have been called "Online Test", because that is what it was. A very little glimps at the single player, and open multiplayer.

If the Killzone Beta is anything like this, the disc won't be worth anything after the Beta is closed, because they will close down the servers.
Old 08-04-04, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by joshd2012
I was also on the Monster Hunter Beta, and the Beta should have been called "Online Test", because that is what it was. A very little glimps at the single player, and open multiplayer.

If the Killzone Beta is anything like this, the disc won't be worth anything after the Beta is closed, because they will close down the servers.
Im not online with my PS2, but is there a single player option offline?
Old 08-05-04, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got an e-mail for this today as well so I signed up. I didn't even bother with any of my Monster Hunter Beta so I'm amazed I got anything for this title. I couldn't get into Monster Hunter at all and never gave them any feedback.
Old 08-05-04, 07:10 AM

Please send me an invite.

Thanks

Gregory Jablonski

[email protected]
Old 08-05-04, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
I got an e-mail for this today as well so I signed up. I didn't even bother with any of my Monster Hunter Beta so I'm amazed I got anything for this title. I couldn't get into Monster Hunter at all and never gave them any feedback.
Same here. I played MH's single player mode for about and hour, logged in online, logged out immediately and never touched it again. I guess they don't have any way of determining who was a helpful beta tester and who wasn't. That game just didn't do anything for me.

I guess these beta tests are really just server stress tests though.
Old 08-05-04, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got my invite the other day. I signed up, but I doubt I will get around to playing it when/if it arrives. But who knows...
Old 08-05-04, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by gjablonski
Please send me an invite.

Thanks

Gregory Jablonski

[email protected]
Gregory,

You are officially invited into the KillZone Beta.

Sony PS2 Beta Test Team

:-)

I'm in - never had any luck with Monster Hunter and playing over the network.
Old 08-05-04, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there the possibility of multiple invites. I would be interested in beta testing KillZone and my PS2 is online so single or multiplayer is not a problem.

[email protected]
Old 08-05-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Seriously, you guys...you can't just get invites. You have to register at the Playstation home page, have a PS2 Network Adapter, click the box for it and then you MIGHT get sent an invitation.
Old 08-05-04, 10:54 AM

Originally posted by AgtFox
Seriously, you guys...you can't just get invites. You have to register at the Playstation home page, have a PS2 Network Adapter, click the box for it and then you MIGHT get sent an invitation.
If I had known, I would have went there to begin with. Going there now . . .
Old 08-05-04, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn!!!! I got Ratchet & Clank beta test (Disappointing IMO), wish I got this instead.

zero, Beta tests are 99% of the time to test out Online capabilities. There are no offline levels to play.
Old 08-05-04, 11:50 AM

So once you are signed up there, there is the possibility you will get chosen randomly for beta testing some PS2 games?
Old 08-05-04, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by burninator
So once you are signed up there, there is the possibility you will get chosen randomly for beta testing some PS2 games?
That's the idea as long as you checked that you would be interested in beta stuff.
Old 08-05-04, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm in as well. I figured after they sent me the Monster Hunter beta and I never even bothered to load it or do their surveys (It arrived a week before I had to move, survey date was during my move). they'd nix me from their beta program lol.
Old 08-05-04, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Let us know how it is, this game and the new ace combat game are making me think about picking up a PS2.
Old 08-16-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My kit arrived today.

I figured I'd give it a shot and spend time with it.....as opposed to the time I spent with Monturd Hunter.

I remember those kick ass vids on IGN. That must be the preview on the next gen system. The graphics are kinda weak. The enemies are dressed all in black and not very detailed. The level designs are big but it seem there are just large areas that will be used to gunfights.....connected by long boring hallways. The one cool outdoor area wasn't being used. Everyone kept running to this one indoor area to fight.

The weapons are kinda cool but it sure takes some serious gunfire to take a man down.

I like it WAY more than Monster Hunter but I still don't think I'm buying it. There are some great online games coming out and I don't this this one would be able to hold my attention long enough to make it worth the money. I'd be more curious if this game had a good single player mode but I don't recall right now.

I'm going to play more later on before I toss it aside.
Old 08-16-04, 12:21 PM

I got an invite, and registered. kit should be here any time now.
Old 08-16-04, 12:37 PM

Mine came today via UPS. Might have to try it out before I head in to work.
Old 08-16-04, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've only played a little, but it's not bad. At first I didn't care for it at all, but it's kind of growing on me.

The graphics have a grainy look and are pretty good but the pop-up is horrible. For a moment you're wondering why there are people hanging in mid-air until you get closer and the building they're standing on pops into view.
Old 10-17-04, 10:10 AM
Banned

I didn't feel this comment warranted a new thread, so I will continue in this one.

I played the beta, and was truely disappointed with the progress. There was a lot of stuff that I felt the game lacked as far as fluidity and action.

Good thing it was an early build.

I played the Killzone single-player demo at EB yesterday, and I was blown away. The game is simply amazing. The graphics may be the best ever seen on a PS2 (to date) and will simply make you do a double take when you start playing. The mechanics of the game are now cleaned up and everything is working as a good FPS should. The AI is surprisingly good, a lot better than one would have hoped for. Don't get me wrong, the enemy aren't Einstein smart, but they know when they are being shot at.

This was a game that I was going to wait and see how it got rated before I purchased. Now I know I must have this game the day it comes out.
Old 10-17-04, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
Originally posted by joshd2012
...This was a game that I was going to wait and see how it got rated before I purchased. Now I know I must have this game the day it comes out.
Nice to know it's so good. Too bad there are so many great games to pick up so soon. Here's the link to get it for $34.99 with free shipping from Outpost.com
Old 10-17-04, 05:50 PM
Banned

Awesome deal. Thank you very much.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.