Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

New Megaman game an RPG?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-04, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Megaman game an RPG?

Just saw a trailer for Mega Man X: Command Mission over at Gametrailers . It reminds me of the Mega Man Legends games which I enjoyed on the PS1 with some added RPG elements.

Here's the trailer if anyone's curious:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_megaman_x_cm.wmv

Anyone heard about this game?

I think it looks cool and has some serious potential.
Old 07-07-04, 03:00 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on how this game looks so far? Do you like it? Hate it? Just wondering what other people out there besides me think of this game.

Personally, I enjoyed the Mega Man Legends games on the PS1, even though they had some issues that I thought should have been worked out better, but this game looks pretty cool.
Old 07-07-04, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Capcom has brutalized the Mega Man series in my opinion. The Legends games were boring and uninspired. The Battle Network series is also boring. I think they've done everything in their power to make the worst games of all time in Mega Man X 5, 6 and 7.

On the other hand.. the Gamecube game (forgot what it was called) was great. A nice throwback to the original games while adding new elements. Why there are 8 Battle Network games and 1 of this Gamecube series baffles me.

I don't expect much from this title.. first of all it's part of the now "joke" X series.. second, it's an RPG? Oookay. That worked so well with the GBA series I tell you what.
Old 07-07-04, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally posted by PixyJunket
Capcom has brutalized the Mega Man series in my opinion. The Legends games were boring and uninspired. The Battle Network series is also boring. I think they've done everything in their power to make the worst games of all time in Mega Man X 5, 6 and 7.
I usually get blasted when I mention that. Give me the old style. Plain and simple. Oh, wait they did. I guess I will just keep playing my anniversary collection.
Old 07-07-04, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
I usually get blasted when I mention that. Give me the old style. Plain and simple. Oh, wait they did. I guess I will just keep playing my anniversary collection.
I totally agree, too. The anniversary collection rocks.
Old 07-07-04, 09:46 PM

Hmm, didn't realize just how much in the minority I was. I agree that the the Mega Man games haven't been as good as the classic ones, but I still think that this rpg looks pretty cool. I do think that they should go back and make another kick-ass 2d Mega Man game in the classic style though.