Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Recently Finished and Now Playing thread.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Recently Finished and Now Playing thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-04, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts
Recently Finished:

Starfox Adventures (GC)- Finally beat Andross at last!! man, he was a pain. All the other bosses were pretty easy to beat expect the last one. Good games, played almost alike Zelda, I was disappointed with the ending, I thought there should been more. I wish that you could play Krystal a lot more. Maybe a sequeal which I doubt since Rare is now with X-box. Phooney!!

Now Playing:

Castlevania:Lament of Innocence (PS2)- Got four crystal balls so far. Stuck on one part in the Theater I can't get passed those dragon skulls that shoot fire at you. I must missed an important item somewhere.

Jak2 (PS2)- Pretty good game so far, I need to get to the stadium in three minutes, not doing so well but gotta keep trying.
Old 01-05-04, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Recently Completed:
None.

Now Playing:
Beyond Good & Evil (Xbox)
Project Gotham Racing 2 (Xbox)
Links 2004 (Xbox)
Old 01-06-04, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I got a cube for Christmas and have a ton of games I am working on that I bought cheap whenever there were good deals around.

Recently Completed
Beyond Good and Evil (Bought this for $15 at Best Buy a few days ago, put it in just to test it out for a little bit and got sucked in. One minute your fighting, the next your taking pictures, then your driving a hovercaft, soon the story takes off. Great puzzle solving IMO, and the personality/puzzles remind of games like Full Throttle. I liked the use of another character to help you solve puzzles and the story was seemlessly (ie no finish a level get a cgi cutscene ala final fantasy 7) tied into a relatively open ended game. I am very impressed, this game was a steal for $15 even though it is kinda short. Seems like the developers got kinda rushed as they started giving 5 pearls for certain things, but maybe short is good because it doesn't have a chance to get tedious or drawn out)

Metroid Prime (Finally beat it at 87%. I am impressed by this game, wasn't to into former metroids but from what I remember what a great translation to 3d. I am an adventure game nut, and this game seems to combine the best of a fps with an explore/adventure game. I really like getting all the new abilities, and the graphics are VERY impressive. I think my favorite part about the game is the morph ball stuff especially after the phazon suit, and the grapple hook. Amazing use of those abilities into a first person game.

Eternal Darkness (Not as scary as I thought it would be, atleast a jumpy kinda scary like Resident Evil. But it messes with your mind a lot. The controls alone put other games like this to shame, and with great magic too. The dialogue and story is very well written, with interesting characters in each chapter.)

Now Playing
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (Just starting this one, but I will probably continue playing)

Mario Kart (On Mirror Mode. Single player racing was much better than expected for this game. 150cc was difficult to the point of being frustrating but always fun. A little dissapointed with battle so far due to the size of the battle stages but I will have to give it more time)

Playing on and off
Timesplitters 2 (Maybe I suck at FPS's but I am having trouble on the first level. I love the feel though, reminds me of goldeneye in the way it controls and plays)

Lord of the Rings; Two Towers (Not very good at this game but I am enjoying it so far)

Wave Race

Star Fox Adventures (Kinda dissapointed by this so far, at about 15%. Its hard not to compare this to BG&E as they both seem similar gameplay wise, but I'll play it more and give it a chance)

Back Burner
Super Mario Sunshine (So far I am dissapointed with this ,although I am not very far, I am not to fond of the water tank/clean the graffiti stuff)

Super Monkey Ball 2

Bloodrayne

Undying (PC) (Really enjoyed the first part of the game in the mansion but once you get out it doesn't have the same atmosphere. Really like the spell/weapon system)

Last edited by msdmoney; 01-14-04 at 03:15 AM.
Old 01-06-04, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just finished Ratchet and Clank II (100%).

Now getting ready to start Beyond Good and Evil ($9.99 version!)
Old 01-06-04, 09:29 AM

Just Finished : Nothing

Now playing:

Prince of Persia : Picked it up from CC, loving every second of it

Shinobi : Was at Best Buy yesterday thinking damn I wish they had Shinobi, scared the hell out of me when the next game I looked behind had a hidden copy for 9.99 unmarked. At any rate I didn't know what to expect but it reaks of coolness taking out 6 guys and having them all die at the same time.

Megaman X7 : Game is too damn easy, only one boss fight so far has made me pause to think of a strategy.
Old 01-06-04, 10:42 AM

Recently Finished
Star Wars: KOTOR (Xbox)
Mario Kart: Double Dash (GC)

Now Playing
Madden, NCAA Football, and NBA Live 2004 (PS2) - Now that these games are online enabled, I'm finding that I'm keeping them around a lot longer than I used to.
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (PS2) - I'm taking my time with this one. I don't really like platformers, but I love this game.
Manhunt (PS2) - This game is sick and twisted. And, it's also a lot of fun.
Lord of the Rings: ROTK (PS2) - Almost done...it's a good game, but I can't see myself coming back to it after I'm finished.
Aliens Vs Predator Extinction (Xbox) - I paid $10 for this at KB and I'm thinking that was way too much. Hopefully, this has some sort of trade-in value at EB or Gamestop.
Call of Duty (PC) - I'm on the last campaign right now and this is without a doubt my favorite PC FPS. I haven't even really touched the multiplayer aspect of it yet.
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu (PS2) - See comment for Aliens Vs Predator, but substitute $19.99 for $10. The only redeeming value about it is that my son enjoyed the Batman action figure that came with it.

On the Docket
Beyond Good and Evil (PS2)
Fatal Frame (Xbox) - I read the glowing review of part 2 in game informer, so I want to check out the first game to see if the series is my cup of tea.
Prince of Persia (Xbox)
Splinter Cell (Xbox) - I need to finish the downloadable levels.

On The Back Burner
Max Payne 2 (PC) - Just haven't had any desire to play it that much. I'll get back to it eventually.

Coming Soon
NFL Street
Fallout:BoS - I may wait for this one to drop down $19.99
Old 01-06-04, 11:59 AM
Retired

Originally posted by dom56
I wish that you could play Krystal a lot more. Maybe a sequeal which I doubt since Rare is now with X-box. Phooney!!
If there's a sequel, Rare won't be behind it as Nintendo owns the Star Fox Characters. Rare could make a similar game with new characters, or Nintendo could make (or have one of their second parties) a sequel, but I doubt it as SFA wasn't that well received.
Old 05-31-04, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just finished XIII and another 100% run through Vice City. Now playing Jet Set Radio Future.
Old 05-31-04, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Recently beaten:

Sly Cooper (ps2) - thought it would have been a cell shaded kids game but played the demo and loved it, went out and bought it. Excellent platform game.

True Crime (ps2) - Not a bad game, prefer GTA series and this game was very short in my mind. Completed game in its entirety in less than a week.

Splinter Cell (ps2) - I totally loved this game, it was fun and challenging, wish the ending would have been better. Cant wait to try out pt 2.

Prince of Persia (ps2) - Another sleeper game that I had almost overlooked, my gf was really into this game also so that was a bonus, Loved the ending also.

Currently Playing:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - First time playing it as it took me forevr to find a copy but a very good game. I dont find it all that challenging, I am about !60-170% finished.

NHL 2004, Tiger Woods 2003 - Sports games, I play these periodically to keep my skills sharp.

On the Docket:

Tough to say since I have about 60 games that I have not touched yet and no time. But here are my choices:

Illusion of Gaia (snes) - I always played this when i was a kid but never beaten it, now the time will come.

Devil May Cry (ps2) - I really liked this game, but never beaten it at the time I receved more games and that got put on the back burner, but I think I am going to start over soon.

Final Fantasy V (ps1) - one of the only FF's I have never played before, not sure when I am going to have time to start a RPG.

Golden Eye (n64) - Beaten this a long time ago but would love to play thru it again, sharpen up my skils and start organizing some multi player action.
Old 05-31-04, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The last game I finished was Viewtiful Joe for the Gamecube.

Currently working on beating Mario Kart DD! (150 cup) and Ikaruga, both for the Cube.

In the pipeline I have Zelda 4 Swords, once it is released.
Old 05-31-04, 02:23 PM

Recently finished: none

Now Playing: Viewtiful Joe (GC) and Shenmue II (DC), but it has been about 6 months since I last touched those games. I'll probably finish them once finals are done, I hope.
Old 05-31-04, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Recently finished:

Luigi's Mansion
Wario World

Currently Playing:

Fatal Frame - X-Box
Old 05-31-04, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's my recent 3 list

Now playing:
1. Socom 2 (On Going)
2. NBA Street Vol 2 (On Going)
3. Dark Cloud 2 (Just started)

Recently finished:
1. Silent Hill 3 (Sh1t my pants)
2. Kingdom Hearts (One of the best action rpg's ever)
3. Beyond Good & Evil (Awesome Game)

Upcoming in the next month:
1. Ratchet & Clank Going Commando
2. Resident Evil Outbreak
3. The Suffering

Who knows when I'll get to the following:
1. Final Fantasy X
2. Syphon Filter
3. Final Fantasy X-2

Games I've given up on:
1. Jak 2 - too repetitive, travel time sucked
2. Devil May Cry 2 - Huge disappointment
3. Haven - Too ... I dunno how you say it, gay?
Old 05-31-04, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Now Playing:
1. Metal Arms (stopped playing it for about 3 months, going to try and finish it)
2. .hack Mutation (I play it on and off)
3. Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 (also on and off)

Recently Finished:
nothing too recent, latest ones were:
1. Ninja Gaiden
2. The Suffering

Upcoming:
1. Full Spectrum Warrior
2. Chronicles of Riddick
Old 05-31-04, 05:24 PM
Retired

Now Playing:

Sly Cooper
MVP Baseball 2004
Super Metroid

Recently Finished:

Halo
Beyond Good & Evil

Upcoming:

Not sure, not much on the release list that interests me for a few months, might pick up LOTR: ROTK if I can find a deal or Ratchet and Clank: GC.
Old 05-31-04, 05:49 PM

Finished:

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (three times)
Custom Robo
Star Wars: Rebel Strike

Still Playing:

Animal Crossing
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
ESPN NBA Basketball

Near Future:

Zelda: Four Swords
Tales of Symphonia

Gave up on:

Ninja Gaiden
Viewtiful Joe (almost)
Old 05-31-04, 06:42 PM

Recently finished:
Final Fantasy IX (PS)
Summer Heat Beach Volleyball (PS2)

Now Playing:
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (GC)
Top Gear Rally 2 (N64)

On the docket:
Metroid Prime (GC)
Ultimate Brain Games (PS)

On the back burner:
Lemmings (SNES) [I'm on the very last level]
Return Fire (PS)
Super Bomberman 2 (SNES)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
Old 05-31-04, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just finished RE:0, and now I'm working on Metroid Prime.
Old 05-31-04, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Now Playing:

Rainbow 6 3
Project Gotham Racing 2
Old 05-31-04, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Recently finished...
Manhunt PS2
and Splinter Cell Xbox
Drone Racers GBA
Warioware GBA

Currently Playing
Downloaded Xbox Splinter Cell Missions
Simpsons H&R PS2
XIII Xbox
DDRMAX games
Warioworld

On deck...
Brute Force XB
FF:CC GCN
Enter the Matrix GCN...
and about 40 other games
Old 05-31-04, 08:17 PM

Ok so here goes

I haven't had any games I've finished recently

Recently Played

Mario's Picross-GB-Just trying to shave all my times down to atleast 20:00. Still have about 20 or so puzzles left before I do so

Front Mission 4 Demo-PS2-Beat all the missions I saw

Currently Playing

Onimusha Tactics-GBA-I'm on somewhere around the 13th mission but I just bought it over the weekend

Would Like To Buy

Metal Slug 3-X Box
Space Raiders-GC
Final Fantasy Tactics-PSX
Old 05-31-04, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Recently Finished: Fight Night 2004
Now Playing: MVP 2004, MGS: TTS, Escape From Monkey Island
Old 05-31-04, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
recently finished:
Armed & Dangerous
Beyond Good & Evil

Now Playing
Rebel Strike
Mega Man Network Transmission
Old 05-31-04, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just finished: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Now Playing: Mega Man NT
Old 06-01-04, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Metroid Prime (Finally beat it at 87%. I am impressed by this game, wasn't to into former metroids but from what I remember what a great translation to 3d. I am an adventure game nut, and this game seems to combine the best of a fps with an explore/adventure game. I really like getting all the new abilities, and the graphics are VERY impressive. I think my favorite part about the game is the morph ball stuff especially after the phazon suit, and the grapple hook. Amazing use of those abilities into a first person game.
I am 30 percent into this game, and I am wholeheartedly impressed. Gotta say one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had in a while. Very cool full immersion into the world, and the platforming is done SO much better then other games.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.