Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The worst games you have ever played

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-04, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm, I remember a Back to the Future game for the NES that was pretty bad. However, the Lord of the Rings game for the NES (discussed recently in another thread) probably takes the cake.
Old 02-03-04, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 401 Likes on 301 Posts
Wow....talk about thread revival

I can add F-Zero GX to the list....
Old 02-03-04, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Mario Sunshine! Damn you waterpack!
Old 02-03-04, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Really...you guys hated F-Zero GX and Mario Sunshine? Feel free to send 'em my way!
Old 02-03-04, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow so many possibilities! but i would have to say:

oh yea, Superman 64!
Old 02-03-04, 10:48 PM

So many of them over the years:
Creatures
Black and White--had high hopes for this one
Night Trap
Looking far back into the atari 2600 days Kool-aid Man
Old 02-04-04, 12:39 AM

Worse games (recently)

NHL 2003
Tiger Woods 2003

Taylor34
Old 02-04-04, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Recently

Star Wars Galaxies - Dancing/entertainer profession? Not sure who would actually find that fun. Combat was boring.

Charlies Angels (GC) - Sister rented it, and I watched her play for about 5 minutes before giving up becaue it sucked. If she says it sucks then its really bad.
Old 02-04-04, 07:13 AM

Bubsy 3D
Superman 64
Rising Zan The Samurai Gunman
Rambo
Total Recall
State of Emergency
Old 02-04-04, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Trigger
Timesplitters 2 - complete crap. I can't even understand why so many people liked it... it might have been mediocre had the controls not been so completely crappy.

Out of curiosity did you try to customize the controls...you can adjust pretty much everything depending on your preference. I thought the controls were very smooth and responsive.
Old 02-04-04, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Worst one I've played more than 10 minutes:

Beyond the Beyond. I played about 10 hours or so (because at the time, it was the only RPG available on PS), then realized I really didn't have to finish it, and sold it off.
Old 02-04-04, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Super Metroid(SNES)
Superman 64(N64)
Mario Golf(GCN)
The Bouncer(PS2)

There are many others....those just stand out for me.
Old 02-04-04, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Randy Miller III
Hmm, I remember a Back to the Future game for the NES that was pretty bad.
There were 2, Back to the Future itself was pretty fun, but Back to the Future 2&3 really really sucked something fierce.

mr glass: Rambo
I actually enjoyed Rambo for the NES. True it was ugly as anything, even for NES games, but, it was quite a bit of fun, and, entirely possible to beat.
Old 02-04-04, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally posted by Setzer
Super Metroid(SNES)
Superman 64(N64)
Whoa, I've never seen Super Metroid and Superman 64 lumped together before. Are you serious? Or are you just trying to give ol' Pixy a heart attack?
Old 02-04-04, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally posted by KnightLerxst
Out of curiosity did you try to customize the controls...you can adjust pretty much everything depending on your preference. I thought the controls were very smooth and responsive.
My main problem with the controls was the way that aim mode works. The head didn't turn with the gun unless you moved the crosshair offscreen.

Who aims their gun by turning their hand but not their head? You can't even look through a crosshair anymore if you move like you do in the game. It was completely unrealistic, and in my opinion, really poorly designed.

Unfortunately, that part of the controls was not customizable.
Old 02-04-04, 02:20 PM

Well I guess if you could label FFVII-FFX-2 as the 'worst' games you ever played then I can throw Super Metroid into that same category since I didn't think it was all that great....but it was "ok".

But hey, we're each entitled to our own opinions...right?

Last edited by Setzer; 02-04-04 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-04-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
Setzer...was that a typo, or did you really say that Super Metroid was one of the worst games you've played?? If that is the case, I respect your opinion, but do you mind explaining why. It is considered to be one of the best platformers ever made. One of my favorite games.
Old 02-04-04, 02:32 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by juiio
My main problem with the controls was the way that aim mode works. The head didn't turn with the gun unless you moved the crosshair offscreen.

Who aims their gun by turning their hand but not their head? You can't even look through a crosshair anymore if you move like you do in the game. It was completely unrealistic, and in my opinion, really poorly designed.

Unfortunately, that part of the controls was not customizable.
I agree with these complaints. Using the GC controller or Wavebird is really frustrating. You use the small yellow stick to guide the crosshairs, which moves independently of your eye/view. Say you are sniping, you get the shot lined up, and go to take the shot, and the slightest movement on the yellow stick throws off the shot. I'm surprised we haven't heard more complaints.
Old 02-04-04, 02:39 PM

To be honest I found Super Metroid to lack creativity in the level design and I got bored with it but I'm also not a huge fan of platformers so that contributed to it as well. Then you could say, how do you enjoy playing a game like Castlevania: SOTN? Well, I love RPG's and SOTN had that RPG element....so I didn't find myself getting bored with it like SM.
Old 02-04-04, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Two stand out in my mind as the worst crap in history.

1) Rise of the Robots. Wow. This was just an insanely bad fighting game for the PC. Its only distinguishing trait was ray-traced graphics, and even those were poorly done. I saw that they made a sequel, and the thought frightens the bejeebus out of me.

2) Samurai Shodown III for the Playstation. This sprite-based game had sixty-second load times between stages. That's right, you fight a 30-second match and then stare at a load screen for a full minute.

Most disappointing sequel award would have to go to Star Control 3.

- David Stein
Old 02-04-04, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Only can comment on the machines I had and games I've played

PC - I would also nominate Rise of the Robots on PC, that game was terrible. So was the original lawmower man on pc, and quite impossible too I might add.

NES - The G.I.Joe game, man that was terrible. Also thought the Friday the 13th was about as bad as it got.

SNES - Skeleton Warriors (Although there was one cool stage that had you run into the background which was sorta neat)

N64 - SouthPark Game - could a game be more repetitive?

GameCube - NBA Live 2003
Old 02-04-04, 03:09 PM

To be honest I found Super Metroid to lack creativity in the level design and I got bored with it but I'm also not a huge fan of platformers so that contributed to it as well. Then you could say, how do you enjoy playing a game like Castlevania: SOTN? Well, I love RPG's and SOTN had that RPG element....so I didn't find myself getting bored with it like SM.
Okay, but I'm sure there are many other games that fit the platformer genre that are worse than Super Metroid. I still don't understand why that one would stick out of other, far worse games.
Old 02-04-04, 03:55 PM

A game called "Stonekeep" for the PC. It was hyped and hyped...but the game sucked.
Old 02-04-04, 04:16 PM

Originally posted by WepaMan
Okay, but I'm sure there are many other games that fit the platformer genre that are worse than Super Metroid. I still don't understand why that one would stick out of other, far worse games.
Yes there very well could be but I didn't play them. Super Metroid was a game I purchased because of the good things I read about it in EGM and GamePro. Like I said, I got bored with it and it's partly because I don't like platformers in general.

You could make the same case for Final Fantasy games....there are many other RPG's out there that are far worse than FF.
Old 02-04-04, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes there very well could be but I didn't play them.
Oh, come on. You've never played a game worse than Super Metroid?

Mentioning Super Metroid in a worst.games.evar thread is like mentioning Kate Moss in an obesity thread.

- David Stein

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.