Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Chrono Trigger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-03, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I feel like playing Chrono Trigger again just to hear Frog's music. I love that tune.
Old 05-28-03, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
I actually got a kick out of the cavegirl (I think?) music, lol. I totally forget who it was....
Old 05-28-03, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I remember correctly, it's been a while.. my favorites were the AD 1000 overworld theme, Magus' Theme, and the Big Boos theme (when you fight Masa and Mune)..

The Chrono Trigger remix CD is also very.. unique.. very cool.
Old 05-28-03, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by nickdawgy
I actually got a kick out of the cavegirl (I think?) music, lol. I totally forget who it was....
I believe Ayla was her name.
Old 05-30-03, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by spainlinx0
I feel like playing Chrono Trigger again just to hear Frog's music. I love that tune.
Hey spainlinx0, if you haven't already, you should check out Ailsean's guitar/metal remix of this song at overclocked remix. Its truly kick ass and one of the best remixes i've ever heard. I believe its called "The Knights Come Marching In" or something like that. Its in the CT section.
Old 05-30-03, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by pixyboi
If I remember correctly, it's been a while.. my favorites were the AD 1000 overworld theme, Magus' Theme, and the Big Boos theme (when you fight Masa and Mune)..

The Chrono Trigger remix CD is also very.. unique.. very cool.
The Big Boss tune only plays during 2 other boss fights - against Rust Tyrano (the side quest, second time), and against Giga Gaia. It's the song with the big trumpet fanfare at the beginning, right? it's one of my favorites too.

Last edited by Superboy; 05-30-03 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-31-03, 12:00 AM

Just wondering, Is it possible to beat that big machine when your in the floating island world. I think that one time I fought him for like 20 minutes and still couldn't. Also, the best combo in the game had to be Chrono, Frog, and either Robo or the Princess.
Old 05-31-03, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you mean the first battle where you're scripted to lose, then no.
Old 05-31-03, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I don't know about best ever, but definitely a very fun game.

Thinking back, all but 1 of my favorite console RPGs (CT, FF3, Lufia 2, Earthbound, Secret of Mana) were SNES (the only one on a different system: Landstalker, which wasn't exactly an RPG)
Old 05-31-03, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I also don't see what the big hoopla over Secret of Mana was. Poeple praise SoM, yet trash SoE. IMO, SoE was the better game, athough they were both pretty flawed.
Old 06-01-03, 01:15 AM

as the owner of almost every snes rpg (through the system or emulation), i have to say my favorite was earthbound. a great storyline and such a unique game all around. the non-lethal weapons and little kids scared me away at first but i have replayed it more times than i can possibly count.
Old 06-01-03, 01:41 AM

Ugh, more praise for this cliche-fest?

I definitely enjoyed Lufia II, Final Fantasy II & III, and Earthbound much more.
Old 06-01-03, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Grimfarrow
Ugh, more praise for this cliche-fest?

I definitely enjoyed Lufia II, Final Fantasy II & III, and Earthbound much more.
what cliche fest?
Old 06-01-03, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Chrono Trigger. It's a cliche-fest...

The nameless, adventurous kid who always gets himself into sticky situations ends up saving the world.

The free-sprited and noble tomboy princess who's kept under lock and key by her overprotective father, the King.

The nerdy techno-savvy girl who's been friends with the main character forever and can fix anything, even if it's from the future.

The robot who wants nothing more than to be human, and defy his original programming.

The lone warrior who must take up the sword one last time to atone for his past failures.

The strong cavewoman with attitude.

and last but not least, the misunderstood magician who's not really evil.
Old 06-01-03, 08:41 PM

All games are Cliche. If their not, then they soon become it because everyone uses the idea a million times over.
Old 06-01-03, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I've always wondered - if it's the "Final Fantasy," how come there's so many of them?
Old 06-01-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The SNES RPG's were definately a golden age for the genre I think. If you are a fan of Chrono Trigger and haven't played Lufia 2, then I definately recommend you check it out as it is also very well done.
Old 06-02-03, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 958 Likes on 665 Posts
Originally posted by Superboy
Chrono Trigger. It's a cliche-fest...

The nameless, adventurous kid who always gets himself into sticky situations ends up saving the world.

The free-sprited and noble tomboy princess who's kept under lock and key by her overprotective father, the King.

The nerdy techno-savvy girl who's been friends with the main character forever and can fix anything, even if it's from the future.

The robot who wants nothing more than to be human, and defy his original programming.

The lone warrior who must take up the sword one last time to atone for his past failures.

The strong cavewoman with attitude.

and last but not least, the misunderstood magician who's not really evil.

I think that you need to recheck the definition of the word cliched.
Old 06-02-03, 03:21 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
I've always wondered - if it's the "Final Fantasy," how come there's so many of them?
this is off topic, I'm not exactly sure, but I remember reading an interview somewhere with the producer where he said that each of the games are "final" in that each has its own beginning and end, and none of the games are direct sequels and they never re-use characters in sequels (except the obligatory Cid and chocobo ). Of course, now that FFX-2 is coming out, this has been broken.
Old 06-02-03, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Outlaw
this is off topic, I'm not exactly sure, but I remember reading an interview somewhere with the producer where he said that each of the games are "final" in that each has its own beginning and end, and none of the games are direct sequels and they never re-use characters in sequels (except the obligatory Cid and chocobo ). Of course, now that FFX-2 is coming out, this has been broken.
So can we please start referring to them as $quare$oft? Please oh please..
Old 06-02-03, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So can we please start referring to them as $quare$oft? Please oh please..
No grudges against square, non believer...thank you, please drive thru...

Old 06-03-03, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by tanman
I think that you need to recheck the definition of the word cliched.
I'm thinking (hoping) that he was being sarcastic.
Old 06-03-03, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Forgot to mention, Chrono Trigger has the best soundtrack of any video game ever.
I also have to disagree... final fantasy 2 u.s had the best soundtrack i've ever heard in a game imo
Old 06-03-03, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Trigger
I read somewhere that when the creator was making the first final fantasy for nes he wasn't sure there were going to be any more so he called it final fantasy.. of course it became a huge hit and he liked the name so he kept it

Originally posted by Outlaw
was gonna call you on that till i saw you put the obligatory cid heh.. i think there's been a cid in every version, and isn't he always an airship pilot or mechanic of some kind?
Old 06-03-03, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I think I was really really tired when I asked that question and I think I just asked it to be kinda funny... not that it's an original joke or anything. At least some good came out of it - I can start calling them $quare$oft.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.