EbGames Pre-Owned Games questions???

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 04-04-03, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What have been your experince with ordering Pre-Owned games through ebgames.com

They have a sale for 25% off right now all Pre-Owned online. I was just curious if anyone received defective games? missing/wrong case? missing directions?

Thanx
Old 04-04-03, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YES!! I got SSX Tricky and it was defective. I returned it and got a good used one BUT NO MANUAL.

I called and EBGames said some will come No instructions or Original Boxwork (says so when you order it).

Pissed me off, cuz the one I returned had a manual. They say they will try to find it... Yeah right. Sending $5 to EA for one.

If you get a Sega game, at least you can download it off the net (I did for NFL2K3 for a backup)
Old 04-04-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh yeah.. what's the code? They have 30% of PO Sports also. (SPORT30)
Old 04-04-03, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

SAVEBIG is the current 25% code

I wanted WSB2K3, but not sure if i should just buy it new....I'm anal about my stuff being scratched or missing things

*SPORT30 is also expired...as most of their coupons are for one day promotions
Old 04-04-03, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Missing manuals is a no-no in my book. I have an EB over here I am going to soon. I noticed that the online prices are the same as the in-store price.

So, Instead of paying shipping, I'll pay tax.

Forego a 25% off coupon something pre-owned (which is usually around $6).

At at least I can be sure if there is a manual in it if I physically pick it up.
Old 04-04-03, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also, where do you find (links/e-mails?) those one-day coupons at?
Old 04-04-03, 01:58 PM

I bought two pre-owned Nintendo 64 games from them once. Neither one came with directions or the original box. One was defective, wouldn't play at all. I had to pay to send back the defective game, and they took quite a while to replace it. The replacement didn't have a box or instructions either.

On top of that, I used a coupon when I originally ordered. When I sent back the defective game, they refunded me the price that I paid for the original game (minus shipping, grr). Then, when they got around to shipping a replacement, they charged my credit card the full amount of the game, without applying the original coupon. So, after shipping and losing the coupon, I ended up paying more for a banged-up used game with no instructions than I would have for a new copy.

Needless to say, I would never order a used game from them again. In fact, I haven't ordered from them at all since then.
Old 04-04-03, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered 8 dreamcast games and a dreamcast from them around 3 months ago, 5 of the games do not work. Thats not even 50%. Id stay away.
Old 04-04-03, 02:36 PM

Well I ordered Resident Evil Code Veronica and King of FIghters, RE worked fine, KOF glitched randomly. So yeah its really hit or miss, guess its a good place to dump faulty games
Old 04-04-03, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A few weeks ago when they last did the 30%, I ordered two Dreamcast games(Sonic Adventure, Phantasy Star Online), one PSX game(Clock Tower), and four Genesis games(Streets of Rage 1 and 2, The Revenge of Shinobi, Comix Zone). I knew the Sega games would come cart only, but I didn't care. The DC and PSX games all came complete and in near mint condition, nothing more than light scratches on the discs. All games worked perfectly, so I'm satisfied, and will probably order again the next time they do the deal, as I still want to get Code: Veronica for Dreamcast. No stores around carry DC games anymore(obviously), EB got rid of all of their DC titles except for a few sports games, and GameStop overcharges out the wazoo on anything used.
Old 04-04-03, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
I once ordered a used game from EB, and received it in a paper sleeve with no case nor instructions.

For those people that won't stand for EB.com's lousy customer service, dispute the charges. Yes it's a lot more hassle, but at least you'll be sticking it to them for the lousy service and make them pay for the additional shipping costs.
Old 04-04-03, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I sent my defect back first class and got my replacement within a week.

I am thinking now it ain't worth it to use them for pre-owned. I'll forego the online discounts and hand pick them at my local EBX.

Is there any recommended places to get used stuff (Gamestop?)
Old 04-04-03, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've ordered a few, never had problem
Old 04-04-03, 11:42 PM

I have only bought used at EB Games B&M, but every game I have gotten from them has been in perfect condition.
Old 04-04-03, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I have ordered a bunch and never had a problem. Ever Gamecube game has had case and instructions. About a year ago I ordered Earthbound SNES (rarely do they ever have this available) and it showed up with the box, the players guide, etc. It cost me about $20. Currently on Ebay they go for about $80 complete
Old 04-05-03, 11:26 PM

I just bought Animal Crossing Used for the Gamecube from them. Should I be worried? It should come with the memory card now right?
Old 08-26-03, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok, I didn't want to start a NEW thread, so I revived this one.

Does anyone know what EBgames or Gamestop gives on trade in's???

I would like to buy ESPN NFL Football when it comes out next week, but I would like to part with these games. Do they give a decent price for games or am i better off using EBAY???

I have:
Return to Castle Wolfenstein - XBOX
Outlaw Volleyball - XBOX (possibly)
NHL 2K3 - XBOX
Splashdown - PS2
Old 08-26-03, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 873 Likes on 644 Posts
It's usually pretty bad. RTCW, and OV will probably get you 13-15 each. NHL, and Splashdown will probably be under 10 each. Those 4 will hopefully pay for ESPN unless they have one of their trade in 3 games for 1 deal going.
Old 08-26-03, 04:03 PM

DJ, I would be willing to work out a deal with you for Outlaw Volleyball. Give me an email at [email protected]
Old 08-26-03, 04:58 PM

DJ, email me regarding Castle Wolfenstein. I'd give you what they give you cash for it. Better to go to another gamer than the price hike that is EB
[email protected]
Old 08-26-03, 06:52 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally posted by shaqIQ1
I just bought Animal Crossing Used for the Gamecube from them. Should I be worried? It should come with the memory card now right?
You most likley will NOT receive the memory card. The Memory card was a bonus and is NOT required when you trade the title in. Infact, they would trade in Animal Crossing, and then the extra memory card for even more store credit.
Old 08-26-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
You most likley will NOT receive the memory card. The Memory card was a bonus and is NOT required when you trade the title in. Infact, they would trade in Animal Crossing, and then the extra memory card for even more store credit.
Dude, I hope he wasn't holding his breath for the answer, since it took like 4 months
Old 08-27-03, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Return to Castle Wolfenstein - XBOX $20-$25
Outlaw Volleyball - XBOX (possibly) $25-$27
NHL 2K3 - XBOX $5
Splashdown - PS2 $5

I work at EB. Estimated off the top of my head.

Dean
Old 08-27-03, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Dean Kousoulas
Return to Castle Wolfenstein - XBOX $20-$25
Outlaw Volleyball - XBOX (possibly) $25-$27
NHL 2K3 - XBOX $5
Splashdown - PS2 $5

I work at EB. Estimated off the top of my head.

Dean
Thanks! Do they give you cash or store credit??? Cash would be great since Circuit City has ESPN NFL Football with a free $10 Gift Card....also, is EB the place that sells games for like $55 usually??
Old 08-27-03, 07:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What have been your experince with ordering Pre-Owned games through ebgames.com
They got progressively worse for me so I just gave up on the idea of ordering from them. The first order was fine both games in their original cases w/ all the booklets. The 2nd order had 3 games and one was missing it's booklet (which was ok since I just got a copy of it from a friend). The 3rd order (3 again IIRC) had 2 w/ the crappy blue ebgames cover and all were missing their booklets. In all fairness they warn you this can happen but considering there are places out there where you can find used items w/ the cover art/booklets I don't see any reason to waste time/money/energy on ebgames used online.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.