Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

2-D fighters on Dreamcast

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-03, 05:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2-D fighters on Dreamcast

OK I got a few 2-D fighters for my DC and I'm looking to get the last few I need. So could everyone post a list of thier 2-D fighters and any other 2-D fighter that thay know is on the DC.

Here are the ones that I own now.

Marvel VS Capcom 1&2
Capcom VS SNK
The King of Fighters of Fighters Dream Match 1999
Street Fighter 3 Double impact

Also any other games you can list that are worth getting for DC would be cool too. I want to make sure I get the rest of my 2-D fighters before it to late and maybe get some other good software for my DC. Thank ya for your time.
Old 02-15-03, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Street Fighter 3 3rd strike
Capcom VS SNK 2
Old 02-15-03, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by DVDKrayzie
Street Fighter 3 3rd strike
I'd call this one a huge disappointment if you're use to Double Impact. For some reason, they decided to make the characters smaller and downgrade the graphics substantially. I would only recommend it if you can find it dirt cheap. As for the list below, some may be import only so check out places like buyrite for cheap used copies.

Street Fighter Alpha 3
Super Street Fighter 2X
Capcom vs. SNK 2000 Pro
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Last Blade 2
Guilty Gear X
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
Vampire Chronicles (Darkstalkers trilogy, may be unavailable)
King of Fighters Evolution
King of Fighters 2001
King of Fighters 2002
Old 02-15-03, 06:32 PM
Banned

Holy crap

Man does anyone know some places who sell them new or at least don't make you pay $30 for a used copy. Man I guess thay are hard to find now or something. I did a search with a few differt pricesearch sites and I'm coming up with nothing.

Again thanks for all the help you can gave me.
Old 02-15-03, 06:41 PM
Banned

1. Street Fighter Alpha 3
Ok I find this one for $22 and I think I will order it for that price.

2.Super Street Fighter 2X
Never heard of it is this a import?

Capcom vs. SNK 2000 Pro
HMMMMMMMM never heard of it is this a import?

Capcom vs. SNK 2
I had no idea this even come out but I think I can pick up up with online play on Xbox now.

3.Last Blade 2
Ok I will look for this one.

4.Guilty Gear X
This is a import right?

5.Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
Is this a import?

6.Vampire Chronicles (Darkstalkers trilogy, may be unavailable)
I'd kill for this one but I think it was one sega sold using thier japan site so it may be hard as heck to get.

7.King of Fighters Evolution
Ok I will look for it

8.King of Fighters 2001
Ok I will look for this one too.

9.King of Fighters 2002
OK I will look for this too.

So out of them what ones do you think are the best I will try to find them all but if I can't I will at least get the really good ones. Anymore info you could add to my little commets above would be cool. Also Thanks man you was a really big help.
Old 02-15-03, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by BigPete
[B]I'd call this one a huge disappointment if you're use to Double Impact. For some reason, they decided to make the characters smaller and downgrade the graphics substantially. I would only recommend it if you can find it dirt cheap. As for the list below, some may be import only so check out places like buyrite for cheap used copies.
I don't know about a huge disappointment, but it is a much more balanced game and adds a few new characters. If anythign was a disappointment, it was 2nd impact
Old 02-15-03, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't know about a huge disappointment, but it is a much more balanced game and adds a few new characters. If anythign was a disappointment, it was 2nd impact
Sorry, I was speaking entirely about the graphics, not the gameplay.
Old 02-15-03, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves isn't an import, but I think it may be a bit hard to find. I've seen a copy at EB and a copy at Babbage's, $24.99 used and $29.99 used, respectively.
Old 02-15-03, 09:37 PM
Banned

i dont know any 2d fighters i played a few when i had dc but i traded it in now i regret it even if i had it i would probley play it liek 3 times a year well confidential mission is a great game and so is soul fighter there not 2d fighters though.
Old 02-15-03, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Cornholio
i dont know any 2d fighters i played a few when i had dc but i traded it in now i regret it even if i had it i would probley play it liek 3 times a year well confidential mission is a great game and so is soul fighter there not 2d fighters though.
Man that gave me a headache. Punctuation and separate sentences are your freinds.
Old 02-15-03, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Try GExpress.com ..... & They prices is very good ""They Sell BrandNew Game""
Old 02-15-03, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Try here http://www.videogamedepot.com/ or you can email me for the # to a store I go to when I can. Its located in Alhambra, and htey usually have some good stuff. They deal in imports and domestic games...not sure if you can order from them though, I always go there directly. I got some of my stuff on ebay. Also try ncsx.com. Theres also ebay.

Oh and by the way Mark of the Wolves was released in the U.S, and I usually come across them at GameStop.

KOF 2000, and 2001 are imports. So is Guilty Gear. As is Super Street Fighter 2X. Capcom VS SNK PRo is an import as well. If you need further help dont hesitate to email me.
Old 02-15-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoken like true bandwagon SF fan.
Old 02-16-03, 12:57 AM

GGX is possibly the best of the bunch. Shame it's impossible to find. They released it, or a sequal, on the newer consoles though, right?
Old 02-16-03, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by MrPeanut
GGX is possibly the best of the bunch. Shame it's impossible to find. They released it, or a sequal, on the newer consoles though, right?
Yes, I believe the folks over at Penny Arcade hav praised it immensely on the Xbox.

Guilty Gear XX
Old 02-16-03, 01:23 AM

No one has mentioned Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure...

If I remember correctly, Super Street Fighter 2X and Vampire Chronicles were both website direct titles in Japan. They both supported the online matching service for head-to-head online fighting. Too bad Sega never implemented those head-to-head servers for U.S.
Old 02-16-03, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by BigPete
Yes, I believe the folks over at Penny Arcade hav praised it immensely on the Xbox.

Guilty Gear XX
Dont you mean PS2?
Old 02-16-03, 03:12 AM

Try Ebay. Some of those games go for about $10.(not the imports).

Other great games-Rez,Headhunter,Metropolis Street Racer,Test Drive Le Mans,Soul Calibur,Dead or Alive 2 to name a few.
Old 02-16-03, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by zero
Spoken like true bandwagon SF fan.
because i prefer balanced gameplay?

whatever, go run and hide some more. isnt about time to make up a new excuse for the day?? easy to claim you're the best when you never play anyone. But im sure mr "shift leader at gamecrazy" has no time to play video games. What, with such a demanding career and all.

Last edited by DVDKrayzie; 02-16-03 at 04:57 AM.
Old 02-16-03, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why don't you stop with the B.S. dvdkrayzie. zero has no broadband, so playing you online isn't much of an option for him yet you continue. You want a challange lamer? here's

Gametiger.com

Look up [Z?]NNY on CS any day of the week and stop talking your shyte before it gets you in trouble. You are already crossing the line with your shyte talking to the point where it can be taken as a personal attack on zero.
Old 02-16-03, 08:24 AM

Dreamcast and the x-arcade joystick is the arcade lovers' wet dream. I second last blade 2 also, similar to the samurai showdown series. Street Fighter Alpa 3 for all the street fighter lovers.

I just wished they ported the saturn version of xmen vs sf, that woul've been awesome.
Old 02-16-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

because i prefer balanced gameplay?

whatever, go run and hide some more. isnt about time to make up a new excuse for the day?? easy to claim you're the best when you never play anyone. But im sure mr "shift leader at gamecrazy" has no time to play video games. What, with such a demanding career and all.
SF is a constantly evolving creature, such was the case with SF 3-2nd impact. The game was imbalanced due to speed. But even you cant deny that it was fun going Fierce, Forward, Fireball, Ryu's thrust kick. 2ND impact had more emphasis on the speed of your combo, and the use of your EX moves. The parriyng was also going through a change as well, but in 3rd strike it was intact. The speed got taken down a few notches in 3rd strike but its still playable. I dont see how 2ND impact was imbalanced maybe you're just used to a slower paced game.

And if I may add, I never said I was the best. I never claimed I could beat anyone, I just said I like to fight, but your obsessing over a fight with me like its going to net you some hardcore cash. . Whenever I posted about a fighting game and how good I am at it, it was in Jack's direction. We CONSTANTLY push each other to be better than before. We dont keep score because we both have our good, and bad days. But no matter hte outcome it always about the fight. Maybe you should look up the word "rival". Your just making yourself look all sorts of pathetic. You have no idea whats going on in my personal life...fighting you isnt on the top of my to do list. So do yourself a favor before you stick your foot in your mouth again.

Think before you post, this is your last warning. You've said what you needed to, and when the time comes I know how to find you.
Old 02-16-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i didnt say it wasn't fun, i was just saying 3rd strike and the first one were better. Maybe I would have to bring up the thread from over a year ago, but before cash or anything was involved u kept saying how u were gonna "own" me. I just said let's play then...but of course youre too good to play me since u cant play on the computer, u cant make a drive, u cant play on xbox, but then u consistently say how bad you're gonna own me. this was long before the money thing. I'm sorry if you've had personal problems for 2 YEARS, but don't say youre gonna own me and don't back it up, then have your little buddy come on here and whine for you too everytime. You work in a friggin game store, obsess over games on here, talk about how good you are so i know you have time to play games. so come find me zero, guess i used up all my warnings now...dude ill give my damn address if youre that obsessed with finding me. I don't even care about playing you anymore since you're obviously just a waste of time (you're like a damn magazine racer, talk a bunch of trash but never run your own car), but don't think you're good until you prove yourself.

Last edited by DVDKrayzie; 02-16-03 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-16-03, 04:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

zero and DVDKrayzie,

Take whatever business you have between each other off the forum. We already had one thread about this a little while ago; we don't need the drama infecting other threads as well. You both have e-mail addresses listed... please use them.