Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wizards of the Coast Sale - Brea Mall only

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-03, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizards of the Coast Sale - Brea Mall only

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Wizards of the Coast Store in the Brea Mall is closing TOMORROW, and they have all their games on sale. All video games are 30% off. I picked up ATV: Offroad Fury 2 for abour $33, Most of the Gamecube games were regularly price $55, so the discount wasn't that much under regular prices. They had a lot of Gamecube, PS2, PS1, GBC, and GBA games.

On another note, the EB in that same mall had MLB Slugfest 2003 for $25... this is the same price on their website, but at other stores (i.e. TRU and Kaybee) it was still $50.

-CM-
Old 01-25-03, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Wizards of the Coast Sale - Brea Mall only

Originally posted by C-Mart
Most of the Gamecube games were regularly price $55, so the discount wasn't that much under regular prices.
-CM-
Well at least we know why they are going out of business...
Old 01-26-03, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only thing I picked up that was video game related was a PS2 memory card. Also, Sid Meier's Civilization board game. I mostly bought a ton of other board, card, and dice games.
Old 01-27-03, 01:35 AM

I would have gotten the CIV board game but they were out. The only thing left that I was interested in was Risk 2210, but I didn't get it... mainly because I already have regular (well, 40th Anniversary Ed.) Risk and Lord of the Rings Risk.

-CM-
Old 01-27-03, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up Risk 2210 and found it very enjoyable. It adds more strategy to the game with the inclusion of commanders and command cards. For some reason it reminded me of Shogun (aka Samurai Swords) due to the bidding for turn order. Very cool game and the best version of Risk I've played. I haven't had a chance to play the Lord of the Rings version yet, but my friend has that. I also haven't had a chance to play the Civilization board game yet, but I hope it's good.

I did play the Lord of the Rings board game and I highly recommend it. Very fun. It is actually a co-op game where the players try to destroy the ring while game manipulates Sauron.
Old 01-27-03, 04:02 PM

I love the LotR board game, and LotR Risk as well. I have only played LotR Risk with original Risk rules, but there is a sub section where you are supposed to move the Fellowship every turn. We just wanted to play and haven't had the chance to try that part of it out yet. From what I hear the CIV board game is awesome.

-CM-
Old 01-27-03, 04:50 PM

The LOTR Risk rules are great, I have only played one game but it sounds similar to Risk 2210 in that you have commanders, strongholds, mission cards and command or action cards that can change a battle significantly. I might have to pick up the Civ board game or Risk 2210 soon.