Reload this Page >

Animal Crossing GBA HookUp = Help

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 01-22-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having problems hooking up my GBA and my e-reader to the Cube. I have the hookup cord and for some reason it's all not working. Can somebody please help me out?

- Eddy
Old 01-22-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
What seems to be the problem? It's just not recognizing the GBA? Can you link the GBA without the ereader (to go to the island)?

You need to download the AC ereader stuff before you can read the cards... this can be done in the postoffice at the ereader machine. This will, of course, erase the last game you had saved in the ereader.
Old 01-22-03, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I just want to go to the island, and when I start my GBA and connect. It takes forever to connect. All is says is "connecting Please Wait".

Another question: Do I need the e-reader when hooking it up if I want to go to the island?

Last edited by edytwinky; 01-22-03 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-22-03, 12:58 PM

You don't need the e-reader to go to the island. Just plug the GBA into the GC and turn the GBA on, then in AC (not on the GBA), walk down to the pier in the southeast corner of the map. Kapp'n should be waiting there to take you to the island. Talk to him and he will take you to the island on your GC. You can do stuff there (talk to the islander, drop fruits and/or tools), then talk to Kapp'n to save your island to the GBA. Once that's done, you can travel back to the mainland on the GC and in the meantime use your GBA to feed fruit to the islander, etc. If s/he drops stuff that you want, or you want to go back for your net, etc, then talk to Kapp'n again when you're done with the GBA to go back to the island on the GC and pick up your stuff. You don't need to save the island to the GBA at all if you're not planning to go there on your GBA. Sorry if I made this more confusing instead of helping
Old 01-22-03, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,389 Likes on 1,020 Posts
My wife had problems at first because we had a third party hookup cable. Make sure you get the Nintendo brand cord. We were having problems connecting with the first one, the Nintendo one worked fine.