Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Omega Pirate (SPOILERS)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-03, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Omega Pirate (SPOILERS)

Okay, I give up. I can't beat this guy. A friend told me to ignore the misc. pirates that come down, and focus on Omega. - ?! Those pirates kicked my butt! Does anyone have any good advise for me? Does Omega just keep on regenerating? I knocked off all four sections 3 times, and got 3 of the 4 the 4th time - is there a fifth time? Please help me before I lose it.
Old 01-13-03, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just used super missiles on him exclusively and found that battle relatively easy.

You do need to kill the pirates he sends until his energy gets low then just blast away at him and let them be.
Old 01-13-03, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You may already know this, but he's only vulnerable when he's recharging. After you knock off the phazon on his limbs, he disappears. The pirates then come down and attack you. A little while later he will begin recharging, but he will only be visible with the x-ray visor. Now is the time to give him the super missles
Old 01-13-03, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

1st of all - thanks. He's only vulnerable when he's invisible. So does he regenerate back to full health each time? How many times do you have to hit him?
Old 01-13-03, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If I remember correctly, his health bar never regenerates. He just regenerates the phazon armor
Old 01-13-03, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

just beat him. It was easier than I thought - it's just knowing what to do. Thanks again.
Old 01-13-03, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just beat him and I used super missiles almost exlusively. I can only carry 100 missiles so I used super missiles to get rid of all but one of his Phazon armor pieces(when he does the shockwave double jump and just as you start to fall fire the super missile). For the final armor piece, I switched to the plasma cannon and used the charge shot.Then go X-Ray and nail the omega with the super missile. For the smaller guys, I usually killed one or two of them(they usually left missiles or the 100 energy unit things) which were both sorely needed. I beat Omega but just barely(I think I was down to 13 health and was about to get hit by one of the small pirates just when the last super missile killed the omega). He's very hard but it is doable, especially if you've got more missiles and or energy tanks than I did.
Old 01-13-03, 07:40 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, that battle was a bitch to figure out. Probably the hardest in the game for me.

The last two bosses are pretty tough as well though.
Old 01-13-03, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Omega Pirate was one hell of a battle. Took me 11 tries to beat him (no throw marks on my Wavebird though), but was a pretty cool fight in the way you have to beat him. I can only imagine what he'll be like on hard mode, he'll probably kick my butt in less than 3 seconds.
Old 01-14-03, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"I did it with only 100 missles" - lol ! I've got only 65! I don't have a lot of health either. I guess it's time to bone up.