Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

? about the Gamecube rebate and CC... what to use for receipt?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-03, 09:49 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Note to Mods: I'll delete this when I get an answer... or keep it up for others... please don't move this to the Store Forum.

Rebate #1: Free WaveBird after MIR (Solved)... I just realized that I haven't sent in my "Free WaveBird" rebate ($34.99) for the GCN+Game+WaveBird deal last month, and the Cicuit City one needs to be postmarked by tomorrow, and they take the Confiramtion e-mail as a receipt.

Rebate #2: $25 GCN, $5 Accessory: What did you use for the receipt for the deal? All I got in the box was a packing slip with no prices. Will Nintendo accept the Order Confiramtion or the Shipping Confirmation email?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Goldberg74; 01-07-03 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-07-03, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
FYI - just checked the receipt and form that printed out when I purchased my GC at Circuit City. My form (as well as the original Nintendo form - linkified elsewhere in the "$50 rebate" thread in this forum) says that the submission must be postmarked by 01/31/03.
Old 01-07-03, 10:49 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Thanks rfduncan... its true that the Nintendo rebate is due on 1/31/03; but if you did the deal with the WaveBird through CC its due 30 days after the purchase date (I bought mine on Dec 9th), I went back and read the fine print, and CC will accept the Confiramtion E-mail as the receipt...

But what should I use as the one for Nintendo? Will the Confirmation e-mail from CC work for them?

(I'll clean up my first post.)
Old 01-07-03, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts
Not sure if you'd want the additional hassel, but if you go to CC and do an even exchange, you will get an actual receipt that showed the transaction and price amount. (You don't actually have to exchange anything, just tell CS rep that you wanted to "exchange" so you'd get a receipt.)

I had to do that for an online order of GBA accessory kit (received indigo but wanted glacier), and CC exchanged it without any problems.

PAL
Old 01-07-03, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But if you do that, you lose the MSN wallet deal if you used it....