Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Febuary EGM (Reviews, Features, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-03, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Gallant Pig
You guys are probably right, I guess it does deserve a good score like that. Hopefully people will buy it this time around though, and maybe scores like this will help it out. I think if I feel like playing it again I'll get the $15 DC version and spend my money on Dragoon instead.
i agree somewhat with your opinion, however, the game is not a straight port as they have added new characters, side quests and improved upon the engine from the DC version. plus, if dragoon is truely only 6 hours long, then maybe that is the title worth 15 dollars
Old 01-04-03, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

A more detailed answer

Is this the same Skies of Arcadia game that was on DC?
I took the following off SOAWorld

+ Enhanced graphics taking advantage of the Gamecube's advanced hardware. Including more detailed battles.

+ New events throughout the game.

+ New characters! Including Piastol, a female headhunter out to get Vyse.

+ Revised battle system. Enemies get stronger as you level up.

+ Expansion to the current story.

+ "Wanted" system lets you track down fugitives for gold.

+ New backstories featuring scenes leading up to the events in SoA.
Old 01-04-03, 05:08 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whether a game is fun or not is all that matters.

I could care less about "originality." I've disliked most games that are touted as being original, innovative, revolutionary etc. (i.e. the GTA series).
Old 01-04-03, 06:05 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by huh?
i agree somewhat with your opinion, however, the game is not a straight port as they have added new characters, side quests and improved upon the engine from the DC version. plus, if dragoon is truely only 6 hours long, then maybe that is the title worth 15 dollars
6 hours of awesome gaming and good replayability + a graphics demo doesn't seem that bad. At least if I had the choice of a game I've already played through and a game I've never played but really want to, I'd buy the game I hadn't played.
Old 01-05-03, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

6 hours of awesome gaming and good replayability + a graphics demo doesn't seem that bad. At least if I had the choice of a game I've already played through and a game I've never played but really want to, I'd buy the game I hadn't played.
thats the point though. not many people have played SOA on dreamcast for whatever reason (maybe people moved on because they knew DC support was dead and had already set their sights onthe PS2?-- who knows). it was always considered a great game so SEGA went back, made it better, and are trying to give people another chance on another console. from reading the review in EGM it sounds like the reviewers (at least a couple of them) had all played it on Dreamcast, and they PREFERED this version as a more complete vision of the game.