Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

How does Gamestop handle returns?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-02, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How does Gamestop handle returns?

I got Medal of Honor: Underground(GBA) for Christmas and it pretty much sucks. Not the gift giver's fault as I told her this is what I wanted. What will Gamestop do if I return it because I don't like it? It is opened and I do have the receipt.

I would actually like to get a Logitech wireless controller for my PS2, think they would let me trade in for some credit?

Last edited by Alvis; 12-30-02 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-30-02, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You get shanked out of about 50% of the games cost since it's opened and are given only store credit.
Old 12-30-02, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by pixyboi
You get shanked out of about 50% of the games cost since it's opened and are given only store credit.
Well, I also have a second game I got for Christmas that I really don't care for (Phantasy Star Collection, GBA) so maybe I could get a decent amount for both.
Old 12-30-02, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have the receipt, don't u have 10 days to return it, or is that only EB?
Old 12-30-02, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
At least some of them around me let you return it with a reciept, but only for a few days (10 might be right).
Old 12-30-02, 03:25 PM

my gamestop allows me to return open games withen 3 days for cash back, or I can return it within 14 days for store credit.
Old 12-30-02, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My local one will only exchange for the same title once it's opened. How much do they go for on ebay?
Old 12-30-02, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you have the receipts I think they will actually give you full value towards anything in the store. As far as I know, EB and gamestop usually attempt to have the same or very similar policies.

The policy at EB for the last two years has been if you have the receipt, you have til January 15th to exchange at FULL VALUE towards whatever you want OPENED OR UNOPENED.

I know this because I bought myself a lot of "holiday gifts" in late November, and as it turns out, I don't like them as much as I did a month ago!
Old 12-30-02, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

how about gamestop.com order ??

I received wrong item from Gamestop.com (My order is Tactics Orge for GBA but They shipped me Sport GBA instead). How do i return it ??

Thankz
Old 12-31-02, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts
Re: how about gamestop.com order ??

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
I received wrong item from Gamestop.com (My order is Tactics Orge for GBA but They shipped me Sport GBA instead). How do i return it ??

Thankz
Easiest thing would be to call Gamestop.com for a return shipping label, so you don't have to foot the bill for their mistake.
Old 01-01-03, 02:51 AM

I work at a Gamestop in So.Cal. Our return policy is a little complicated because of the holidays. Here goes:

1. All items have a 7 day "Satisfaction Guarantee". If you don't like it, you have 7 days to return it for a full refund/exchange it for something else, regardless of if it's opened or not. Please note that disc based games must not be scratched/dirty, or we will not take it back. Any packaging must be included during the return. If your game was bought up to 7 days before you try to return it, you can get a full refund/exchange!
2. Xmas returns through Jan 15 on UNOPENED items with a receipt for full refund/exchange. Used items can be open, since they're not sealed (usually), when they leave our store.

Normally, we're not supposed to take back open new product under the Xmas return policy. However, if you catch the manager on duty at a good time, they might bend the rules for you and take it back. Never hurts to ask (just please don't be too pushy about it.). If that fails, you can trade it in as used and get some store credit. Both of the games you mentioned are fairly new and popular, so you can expect to get around $10-$20 (Call the store to find out for certain). Hope this helps!