Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What is the best rally racing game for the PS2?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-28-02, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See topic. Thanks.
Old 12-31-02, 08:44 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well that's tough, it depends on the type of style you like. WRC: world rally championship got great reviews last year but I didn't find it that enjoyable. short stage segments & horrible load times.
paris-dakar rally was okay for the 20 min. I played it. average graphics & control. GTC: africa was average, did well for the several days I rented it, decent graphics & control, tough AI, good variety.
shox is a arcade-style rally game with power-ups, etc.,
rally fusion looks good from the demo I played but it's a little different from traditional rally games. wicked car damage modeling.
colin mcrae & v-rally 3 seem to be in a tie for current best rally game. colin has better control but I've heard you can only play career mode in the subaru. v-rally 3 is better in other respects but you need to adjust the (car handling) controls to make it playable.

bottom line go to a good game review site & check the reviews, gamefaqs.com should do the job
hope this helps.