Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

That Sega Genesis eBay collection was peanuts compared to these...

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-18-02, 08:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look down, and make sure the floor is clean beneath you RIGHT NOW, because your jaw will be there in a second:

http://www.digitpress.com/gameroom/

Make sure you click the 'more pictures' link for the first guy!

FS
Old 12-18-02, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

nice!
Old 12-18-02, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not really amazed. Money can buy anything. And truth to tell, I would rather live a real life in the real world than surround my self with walls of video games in a tiny room. But DVDs? Now that's another matter... I guess I'm not amazed because of all the people around here who surround themselves with and take out a second mortgage for 2000+ dvds
Old 12-18-02, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd ebay that stuff so quick, it would make your head spin.

Guess, I'm not one for nostalgia, or sentimental value (not such a thing in my opinion )
Old 12-18-02, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finished going through some more of these game rooms. Most of them look like those geeky video game stands at most flea markets...

Old 12-18-02, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is that Paxil beside the gamer's raunchy dinner?

Old 12-18-02, 09:19 AM
Banned

Originally posted by diacritic
I'm not really amazed. Money can buy anything. And truth to tell, I would rather live a real life in the real world than surround my self with walls of video games in a tiny room. But DVDs? Now that's another matter... I guess I'm not amazed because of all the people around here who surround themselves with and take out a second mortgage for 2000+ dvds
First of all, I don't think these people are amazingly wealthy. Most of the old games can be picked up for a buck or two, and if they've been gaming for 20 years and held on to everything their collection would be quite sizeable!

Also considering that DVD's have only been around for a few years, it's much easier to have a complete collection (compared to video games, most DVD's can still be easily found). It would be MUCH harder to amass a collection like this, since most of these games and systems haven't been produced for years!

And I'm not sure why surrounding yourself with DVD's is better than video games, they're both equally geeky!

FS
Old 12-18-02, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by FlashStash

And I'm not sure why surrounding yourself with DVD's is better than video games, they're both equally geeky!

FS
Quite Right! And what is even geekier is talking about collecting DVDs and video games on the Internet!
Old 12-18-02, 09:25 AM
Banned

And look over to the right...there's a system I missed! The Mister Coffee 2600! Man, I'd be awake all NIGHT from playing games on that thing!

I did hear Microsoft is planning on buying the MC 2600 though and merging it with Sega, or something like that!

FS
Old 12-18-02, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

WHOOOAA! Check out the kitty crap in the corner, left of the TV!

Methinks our gaming friend does not have a girlfriend
Old 12-18-02, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's a lot of fecal matter in there!
Old 12-18-02, 10:39 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at the rest of the room. I could've told you that before you pointed out the kitty crap.
Old 12-18-02, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is why I stick to emulators. You can squeeze them all onto your hard drive.
Old 12-18-02, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by Liver&Onions
that's a lot of fecal matter in there!
Hence the air freshener on top of the CD rack, not far above the litter box.

I'm not positive, but that place could be an outer ring of hell.
Old 12-18-02, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Same guy's "pad", different angle... Check out the white bucket on the right side of the couch. It look's like he has his own kitty box!

Old 12-18-02, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

This guy has all these systems...then plays them on a 17 inch or so television.

I don't understand not selling games that you would never play, but this is even more silly. Some games he has 4+ copies of. These aren't just games you can buy for a quarter either. Even if this guy wanted to play one of these games, how would he get one that is surrounded by hundreds of other games. He couldn't reach it without messing everything else up.
Old 12-18-02, 02:45 PM

This is so dumb look at these guys game collections and then look at their speakers (or lack their of) and their TV's. Why the hell would you have all these games only to suffer through them on a small screen with just the TV speakers? Dumb...

anyway nice collections
Old 12-18-02, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is that a pack of cigarettes in the litter box?
Old 12-18-02, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by FalconH10
This is so dumb look at these guys game collections and then look at their speakers (or lack their of) and their TV's. Why the hell would you have all these games only to suffer through them on a small screen with just the TV speakers? Dumb...

anyway nice collections
Yeah - I don't think they're so much into playing the games as they are just having them.

By the way - that one guy with the cat poop and the bucket is a pig. Did he think those shots of his gameroom would impress anyone?
Old 12-18-02, 03:46 PM

I would be much more impressed with a Nice HD TV with a good surround sound set-up with an X-Box connected to it and some decent furniture than the piles of games in a crappy room with a 10 year old 20 something inch TV. Most of these rooms look like they are in the basement of their parents house anyway.
Old 12-18-02, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

a recliner at my computer, that is what i need!
Old 12-18-02, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,066 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally posted by bluntman72
I would be much more impressed with a Nice HD TV with a good surround sound set-up with an X-Box connected to it and some decent furniture...
Have you been peeking thru my windows into my basement?

I completely agree with you.I would say more people are impressed with my puny dozen Xbox games with my HDTV & 7.1 system than these guys here. (Sorry to toot my own horn but I don't get to brag much).

Whoopie-doo...they have a ton of crap that I would wager 85% of it sits and collects dust.

Here...let me show you my huge collection of 2000 cassette tapes, 1000 8-tracks, and 700 beta tapes. Why aren't you impressed?
Old 12-19-02, 05:38 AM
Banned

Wow, I'm surprised at the hostility here! Especially from a bunch of people who probably have racks full of DVD's! (OK, I have NO problem with people criticizing the guy who lets his cat smoke Marlboro's...that's animal cruelty!)

Keep this mind though...the games and systems they're collecting came out around 25 years ago. Look at the number of DVD's you have over a much shorter period of time, and think about how many DVD's you would have if you continued buying at that rate for 25 years! And that's just one format! What if the format changes, and you kept all the old DVD's? I think ,any people here are on the same track as these guys; we just haven't been collecting as long.

And brianluvdvd, I'm sure 85% does remain untouched, but how many of us have stacks of DVD's that sit unopened, or DVD"s that we play once and put back on the shelf? Also, this isn't the same as a collection of outdated formats. In your example the CONTENT of those formats have been put on newer media (8-Track to cassette to CD). In the case of video games, both the games and the media change, and no one carries the old games over to the new systems, so the only way to play those old 2600 games (legally...ROM's don't count) is to own these old systems!

As for the duplicates, many are used for trading...that doesn't apply in the DVD world because having an extra copy of Jurassic Park does me no real good when you can still pop down to Best Buy and buy the original.

ALSO, (I'm on a roll), I think video games have more of a reply value that DVD's...

I do NOT understand, however, the small TV's! For the classic games, I wouldn't worrk too much about needing surround sound to experience them (BEEP and BOOP is about all you get) but c'mon at least get something bigger!

One more thing! People would be impressed by an XBox and the sounds and graphics, but people ALSO enjoy running into a game system or a game that they used to play 20 years ago and haven't seen since."Oh, my god, I used to play Kaboom for hours!"...and the good games from back then are STILL fun!

FS
Old 12-19-02, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find this amusing. I want pictures of the gu ys.
Old 12-19-02, 05:31 PM

I have no problem with having a huge collection of old games since I have fond memories of some of them, I have a few friends with collections to rival these but they have it set up in a nice room with high quality video equipment and nice furniture that looks so much nicer than the pictures here. These photos remind me of one of my friends apartment that has so many star wars toys and comic books that his apartment looks like an 8 year old kid lives there and not a grown man. This look is not all that good if you ever plan on bringing a girl home with you, but that may not be something these guys have to worry about.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.