Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

any Japanese Online Stores that ship to US?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-02, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
I am into Import Japanese PS2 games but they are hard to get in the states. Any good Japanese Online Store that will ship to the US (amazon Japan doesn't ship overseas except for some books). I am not talking about US-based stores that sell Japanese import games.

Thanks.
Old 12-03-02, 09:38 PM

Re: any Japanese Online Stores that ship to US?

Originally posted by sphereman100
Hi
I am into Import Japanese PS2 games but they are hard to get in the states. Any good Japanese Online Store that will ship to the US (amazon Japan doesn't ship overseas except for some books). I am not talking about US-based stores that sell Japanese import games.

Thanks.
How about doing some searches on EBay for items you're looking for, and contacting those sellers directly? Many of the sellers of import games are based in Japan.
Old 12-04-02, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I read once, I think in PLAY magazine, about an online auction service that would translate the Japanese listings into English, and act as a monetary conversion house for payment. So, you find something, pay them in US$, the Japanese seller gets theirs in Yen.

Does anyone know what this is called?

Jeremy
Old 12-04-02, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not following why you have buy the product from Japanese store when they are exactly same if buy from many us import stores like National Console Support?
I guess you have your reasons
Old 12-05-02, 03:30 AM

because we want to get the games cheaper. US stores sell them with lots of margin!
Old 12-05-02, 04:40 AM

And Japanese stores will sell them with lots of shipping and handling! You're actually not getting that much marked up with importers...
Old 12-05-02, 06:10 AM

Not Cheap!

http://www.lik-sang.com
Old 12-05-02, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ah thinking to take advantage of japan economic downfall huh?
Too bad not way to see any dvdtalkers in japan, perhaps you could make trade what might sell well there in exchange too. Hmm, makes me wonder if way finally get Famitsu Weekly affordably.
Old 12-05-02, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm a dvd talker in Japan...
Old 12-10-02, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by mytzplyx
I'm a dvd talker in Japan...
hi
can you help me buying winning eleven game?
please email me at [email protected]
thanks.
Old 12-10-02, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by madara
Not following why you have buy the product from Japanese store when they are exactly same if buy from many us import stores like National Console Support?
I guess you have your reasons
The thing is, Sometimes you want things early. I got Metal Gear Solid on PSX imported. beat the game. I knew little of the language, but I just wanted to get my hands on it.

Another thing is games that will never make it over. Thrill Kill comes to mind as one game that well, was changed here to some crappy wu tang clan game.

Getting imports is also a MUST for saturn owners. How many here have a saturn with the D&D arcade game? I love my copy and hell it comes with two games in one, You can't beat it. Dreamcast has went that way aswell with games you can not get here in the states.

all for those who get imported games
Old 12-10-02, 07:43 PM

www.therage.com also sells imports, ranging in price from ~$25-~$60
Old 12-10-02, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ahmmm...Jack I meant difference between import games from us stores verses all work get same thing from japanese store direct. NOT questioning getting import at all Hehe, you dont who talking to on that one, I could not recommend import games more, started doing that back in snes days. Heavens hundreds of great titles on snes alone most people dont know about. But has been getting better last few years, we dont miss as much we use too.
Big ones for me are ones from Nippon Ichi, sadly we only got Rhapsody here, this games are so delightful. Aka, La Pucelle ,Tenshi no Present: Marle Oukoku Monogatari and forthcoming Makai Senki Disgaia at end of jan that have already preordered

I'm also quite tempted to order PC games from Falcom( http://www.falcom.co.jp/)and Elf( http://www.elf-game.co.jp/html/frame.html)if could understand there website and games. Really sad they are stuck in very small japanese pc development, I have enjoyed there games alot in past, new games look gorgeous. Gee with all Game company buyouts you think would dawned on someone help these guys get back on console scene.