Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Has anyone played Star Wars Bounty Hunter?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-02, 06:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Game looks promising..how is it?
Old 11-25-02, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I rented it tonight. I played it for about 30 minutes and was immediately struck but the lack of variety in gameplay. So far all I've done is blast away at various, indescript bad guys.

Some cool visuals, but so far not the game I expected. I have it for a couple more days. Let's see if it gets any better.

Old 11-26-02, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah let's hope... I mean there's been alot of hooplah about it... supposedly, ILM and Lucasarts and Lucas's film production company all worked on this together - first time all 3 companies collaborated or something. Saw this on TV, so I could be wrong if my memory doesn't serve. Anyway - all I've been hearing is how cool this game will be and blah and blah... Well, it sounds cool but looking at the gameplay in the commercial - it looks kinda dull. I was hoping that it was just that the commercial wasn't doing it justice. I still plan to check it out. Maybe they were banking on the idea of playing as a Boba Fett looking dude (which is generally considered one of the all-time coolest SW character) as being enough to make a game sell.
Old 11-26-02, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
This game has been asked for the most at work, and it didnt even come in until three weeks after it was supposed to be out. I'll rent it but Im not expecting much. As a fan of the SW films I really have no liking for the Fett characters. They all seem to die in an embarassing way.
Old 11-26-02, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I picked this up last week for the PS2 along with the new 007 but I have yet to play it. I saw a rewiew for it on Extended Play (Tech TV) and it looked much better than the commercial shows. From the preview I saw, it isn't just about killing everything in your path, you also have to capture creatures with a bounty on their heads. As soon as I grow tired of WWE SMackdown: Shut Your Mouth, I plan on playing this.
Old 11-26-02, 09:31 PM
Banned

I got it today and played the first couple levels. Pretty fun game, I wasn't going in high expectations after reading IGN's review I think they pretty much nailed everything. It is still a very fun game to play.
Old 11-27-02, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Maybe they were banking on the idea of playing as a Boba Fett looking dude (which is generally considered one of the all-time coolest SW character) as being enough to make a game sell."

I must have missed something because the commercial has the Bounty Hunter as Boba's father, Jango Fett.
Old 11-27-02, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by retihsuhnt
"Maybe they were banking on the idea of playing as a Boba Fett looking dude (which is generally considered one of the all-time coolest SW character) as being enough to make a game sell."

I must have missed something because the commercial has the Bounty Hunter as Boba's father, Jango Fett.
In any case Jango & Boba both look alike...
Old 11-27-02, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you don't think Jango is a "Boba Fett looking dude," then you have missed something.

Of all the upcoming SW console games, I have to admit that this one looked the most promising and interesting to me. After seeing some gameplay, I don't think the design is all there, but the cinematics are probably enought to get people to buy it and encourage them to finish it.

I'll be checking this out after Xmas, at the earliest, and probably a rental.
Old 11-27-02, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Of all the upcoming SW console games, I have to admit that this one looked the most promising and interesting to me.
Really? As an XBox owner (and that being the only next-gen console I own), I'm most jealous for The Clone Wars. The mission-based vehicular combat gameplay and awesome graphics and presentation would have made us XBox'ers proud in widescreen, and would have had really showcased the Skywalker sound with DD 5.1 audio. Alas, I can only hope for a good port a few months down the road, if they ever announce it.

But what takes the cake is that four-player multiplayer mode as Jedis in the Genosian arena. Now THAT'S a beat-em-up!

Jeremy
Old 11-27-02, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Well I gotta give "most promising" Star Wars game to Star Wars Galaxies... and I'm not even a big RPG fan.
Old 11-27-02, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been playing Bounty Hunter some more. It's pretty good. Not "great" but very good. Once I figured out how to search out bountys and claim them the game fell more into place.

The action is a little "jerky" in some places. In some of the bigger outdoor environments there is ALOT of slowdown. My other problem with the game is that switching weapons is a little difficult. You press the O button to cycle through your menu. And your are not able to use the helmet's seach mode and hold a weapon at the same time.

I have it for a couple of more days before it goes back to the video store.
Old 12-02-02, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"In any case Jango & Boba both look alike ..." & "If you don't think Jango is a "Boba Fett looking dude," then you have missed something."

I am surprised no Star Wars Fanatic jumped all over those two (2) comments. I am not one to dress up like my favorite character or camp out in line for weeks on end to catch the newest installment, but those two (2) comments just dont make since.

If we follow their logic all ewoks and wookies are the same.

Last edited by retihsuhnt; 12-02-02 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-02-02, 10:33 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Do they use the original voice for Jango? It sounded off in the commericials.
Old 12-02-02, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
Do they use the original voice for Jango? It sounded off in the commericials.
Yes it's the original actors voice. I can't remember his name at the moment.
Old 12-02-02, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"In any case Jango & Boba both look alike ..." & "If you don't think Jango is a "Boba Fett looking dude," then you have missed something."

I am surprised no Star Wars Fanatic jumped all over those two (2) comments. I am not one to dress up like my favorite character or camp out in line for weeks on end to catch the newest installment, but those two (2) comments just dont make since.

If we follow their logic all ewoks and wookies are the same.
are you saying that as an analogy to us saying that Jango & Boba look alike (Bobba is a clone after all) that ewoks & wookies are the same or that all ewoks are the same & all wookies are the same? In any case, I'm not a Star Wars freak either, but last time I checked clones looked alike & in this case their Bounty Hunter armor is pretty close in appearance.

I realize that in the game you play Jango, but it is really a moot point if the game play is not strong.
Old 12-02-02, 04:10 PM

The game is pretty hard, you get 5 continues per level and one there gone you have to restart the whole mission, no save points except when u finish the level only for the continues. The two blaster pistols are pretty weak and you hardly ever get a gun upgrade and constantly very outnumbered. No selection of easy medium or hard and i haven't gotten this frustrated at a game in a long time, makes me want to beat it even more, just hate getting to the boss of a level and 1 continue left and have to repay the whole level. Does have a good story as to why Jango was chosen to be the subject for the clone army
Old 12-02-02, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the original point of the post about where "Jango" and "Boba" look alike is because:

Spoiler:
Boba is a clone of Jango
Old 12-02-02, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
"Jango" and "Boba" look alike is because:

Spoiler:
Boba is a clone of Jango
But that doesnt explain why Ewoks dont look like Wookies.
Old 12-02-02, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by joltaddict
they don't?
Old 12-24-02, 06:42 PM
Banned

Originally posted by joltaddict

I'm so glad I rented this game or I would have missed out on a gem from jolt!!
Old 12-24-02, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Bust

I'm so glad I rented this game or I would have missed out on a gem from jolt!!
I rented this also & I have to say this game rocks so far...
Old 12-25-02, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Jango = Storm Troppers
Jango = Boba

THEY ALL LOOK ALIKE under the armor!
Old 12-25-02, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by sniper308
I rented this also & I have to say this game rocks so far...
Okay I will say this, you kind of wander around alot, is there a map for this thing? (rented it & there's no instruction manual)
Old 12-25-02, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm with Sniper. It's fun when you can figure out where you're going, but that seems to be easier said than done. Worth a rental but I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.