Yeah that sucks when he's closed.

I usually go hang on the island, or fish
I can't go to the island, no GBA
Old 11-07-02, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: ? about fossils

Originally posted by Copenhagen
I'm not sure about the fossil question but for your camera issues: When you are behind a building or tree just dig a hole and bury an item then dig it back up. The camera will zoomin on you and you should be able to see if there is anything worth digging around where you are at.
DUH! I didn't think about actually burying something to get the camera to zoom in! GREAT idea! Funny thing is everytime that I dug up surprise bells, I noticed that the camera zoomed in but didn't even think that that would happen if I buried stuff. Great strategy! Thanks again!

I am compiling my list 'o stuff so that I can join the traders this weekend. I bought 6 packs of AC E-cards and I can't find my e-reader!!! Luckily you can get the items by sending letters but that is a pain.
Old 11-08-02, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Re: Re: ? about fossils

Originally posted by HotThang
I am compiling my list 'o stuff so that I can join the traders this weekend. I bought 6 packs of AC E-cards and I can't find my e-reader!!! Luckily you can get the items by sending letters but that is a pain.
You can get two different items from each character card, 1 for scanning it, and 1 for sending the code in a letter. I found 5 packs at EB when they first came out ($2.99) and finally found some more Tuesday at CompUSA but they priced them at $4.99 I told them to keep them.
Old 11-08-02, 12:06 PM

Anyone have a list of Retail Stores and Online Stores we can purchase E-Reader Cards at?
Old 11-08-02, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What happens if you rebury a fossil? I know the game says not to and I'm too chicken to try it.
Old 11-08-02, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: ? about fossils

Originally posted by Edison
You can get two different items from each character card, 1 for scanning it, and 1 for sending the code in a letter. I found 5 packs at EB when they first came out ($2.99) and finally found some more Tuesday at CompUSA but they priced them at $4.99 I told them to keep them.
It's really two different items? Damn I kind of wish it was the same for both because I hate typing in those damn codes.
Old 11-08-02, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by tofu
What happens if you rebury a fossil? I know the game says not to and I'm too chicken to try it.
If you rebury a fossil the ground splits open and lava flows out all over town, then the moons go out of alignment and a meteor crashes down on your town, its scary don't do it!!

Or maybe I made that up , i don't know, i would guess that you would lose that fossil permanently and you'll never be able to find it again to complete your collection (I guess), anyone know for sure?
Old 11-08-02, 08:11 PM
zig

Are we talking about a fossil that you've sent to the museum to be examined or just a regular unkown fossil? With unkown fossils, if you bury them it just goes back to like before you dug it up.. the little X mark in the ground. I never tried burying an examined fossil though..
Old 11-08-02, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I believe that warning was ONLY for BEFORE you receive the museum letter announcing you could send in fossils. After that it shouldn't matter. And the letter stated that if you reburied before getting the letter it might throw the game out of wack and you might not get that letter.
Old 11-09-02, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump up for 11/9

What a great game.

Everyday I play for a few hours, and I'm never let down but what it gives me.

My buddy comes over like 2 times a week, we wander around each other's villages, and we always swap villagers.

It's like Russian Roulette, because my one villager, Bob, is my all time favorite, and if he leaves I'm gonna be pissed.

My village has been perfect for going on 3 weeks now. The golden axe was mine a few days ago.

My bank account is at 169K(should be a LOT more but I dont' go islanding a lot anymore).

I need to start fishing and bug hunting again...
Old 11-09-02, 11:26 AM

after about a week, im already bored/done with everything until the seasons change

I have all the fish/bugs i can get...have every fossil....house is as big as possible and all paid off. Was a fun game, but not much left to do....

I do want the golden axe though, but my well always says theres not enough trees somewhere....usually in places where trees NEVER grow. i have planted 20 times and they die every time, in like 3 places. Oh well.
Old 11-09-02, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm playing about a half hour a day unless its a special event. My house is fully paid off, I've got 3.5 mil in the bank, my spooky set is complete, and I'm caught up on bugs and fish at the moment.

I'm still waiting on the Golden Axe. My place has been satisfactory for over a week. Hopefully I will get it soon.

The biggest thing I want is Punchout. Hopefully Nintendo will give it out soon.
Old 11-09-02, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by discostu1337
after about a week, im already bored/done with everything until the seasons change

I have all the fish/bugs i can get...have every fossil....house is as big as possible and all paid off. Was a fun game, but not much left to do....

I do want the golden axe though, but my well always says theres not enough trees somewhere....usually in places where trees NEVER grow. i have planted 20 times and they die every time, in like 3 places. Oh well.
Jeez.

That's crazy. WHy did you rush thru it so fast?
Old 11-09-02, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Thunderball
Everyday I play for a few hours, and I'm never let down but what it gives me.

My buddy comes over like 2 times a week, we wander around each other's villages, and we always swap villagers.

It's like Russian Roulette, because my one villager, Bob, is my all time favorite, and if he leaves I'm gonna be pissed.
Same here! I have 2 faves that I know are gonna move if I play with my friend's town! :-) I am on a quest to complete the Exotic Set so that I can finally sell the spooky stuff. Each day there are more things that I didn't have before. Still a very fun game. I just don't have to devote as much time as before. Nice way to wind down after a sucky day @ work.

Sam
Old 11-10-02, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

bump

I missed KK due to some personal problems
Old 11-10-02, 03:12 AM

Speaking of KK, has anyone else noticed how when he plays the guitar, his fingering looks almost authentic? It took me by surprise the first time I noticed it.
Old 11-10-02, 08:42 AM

i get KK 4 times every saturday (2 characters, 2 towns)...I requested all 3 secret songs this time. Still have a long ways to go getting them all
Old 11-10-02, 11:12 AM

Originally posted by discostu1337
i get KK 4 times every saturday (2 characters, 2 towns)...I requested all 3 secret songs this time. Still have a long ways to go getting them all
What are the three secret songs?
Old 11-10-02, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It snowed last night in INFERNO!!!

...there just wasn't any accumulation so Hell didn't really freeze over...
Old 11-10-02, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by WWE Jedi
What are the three secret songs?
Spoiled in case someone doesn't want to know...

Spoiler:
The three secret songs are "K.K. Song", "Two Days Ago", and "I Love You"
Old 11-11-02, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well,

Didnt' win the fishing tourney, but I'm not too concerned.

Bought 300 turnips. The price seemed right to me.

My bank account is now standing tall at 350K Bells . With 41K more in my inventory for weekly spending.

I'm one piece away from my green set for my upstairs.

I'm missing 3 paintings, and countless insects/fish.

This game is highly addicting. I made over 200K tonite just on the 2 trip to the island.
Old 11-11-02, 04:48 AM

Need some help with maintaining my town and there has been some confusion in the past.

The well is currently giving me a message of "Yes, Yes.. everything is satisfactory as it should be... but with a little work things can be perfect.

1. Is there a perfect level?
2. If so, what does it take? more trees? or just flowers? Any hints on strategically placing them aside from not near rocks, water and soil.
3. If not, I keep it at this condition for one week and receive the Golden Axe?
4. The well tells me the town needs work. I plant sapplings and flowers and get it to Satisfactory. The next day I see some of the sapplings have died. The well tells me there is green lacking and see what is amiss. Basically am I penalized and have to start over? is it just a process of by midnight of each day to have the town satisfactory?
Old 11-11-02, 04:49 AM

Originally posted by Thunderball
Well,

Didnt' win the fishing tourney, but I'm not too concerned.

Bought 300 turnips. The price seemed right to me.

My bank account is now standing tall at 350K Bells . With 41K more in my inventory for weekly spending.

I'm one piece away from my green set for my upstairs.

I'm missing 3 paintings, and countless insects/fish.

This game is highly addicting. I made over 200K tonite just on the 2 trip to the island.
I can't agree more. It was raining today. Caught 15 Coelnacanth (sp?) for a total of 225,000 Bells. Can't beat that fish for 2 hours of work.
Old 11-11-02, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still haven't figured out how to get the big money from my islander. Can somebody explain it, please?

Thanks!
Old 11-11-02, 08:08 AM

i have yet to see a bigger fish than the 5,000 bell barbed knifejaw. It always rains in my town, i fish morning/afternoon/night. No Coelnacanth ever! I think it was edited out from my copy

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.