Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Animal Crossing Strategy & Discussion Part 3

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Animal Crossing Strategy & Discussion Part 3

Old 10-31-02, 08:15 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Wish I knew that Jack could give out multiples ahead of time. Ah well, that's what I get for avoiding spoilers. Maybe next year
Old 10-31-02, 09:21 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know the complete list for "Spooky" items?
I got the:
Bed
Bookcase
Chair
Clock
Dresser
Lamp
Sofa
Table
Vanity
Carpet
Wal

What a pain. I hope I don't have to do this at Christmas too.
Old 10-31-02, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Man I gave up on Jack. I'm missing three items and I can't get them. I also lost the item from Tortimer. Halloween turned out to be a real pain.
Old 10-31-02, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Pac-Rat
Not only Christmas, but Thanksgiving too.

I found Jack once and quit though. Ah well. No biggie.
Old 10-31-02, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone know the complete list for "Spooky" items?
I got the:
Bed
Bookcase
Chair
Clock
Dresser
Lamp
Sofa
Table
Vanity
Carpet
Wal

Only thing you are missing is the Wardrobe....only thing I am missing is the chair...

I got tired of Mr. Resetti reaming me out. I have beenlooking for the chair for the last 2 hours!!! I give up. Maybe I can trade for it tomorrow. I just want to do one room totally up in the one theme and see if it raises my HRA points

Sam
Old 10-31-02, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey HotThang : Sorry but you can't trade the Spooky stuff
Old 10-31-02, 11:39 PM

darn i redid this and got two of everything but the lamp
Old 10-31-02, 11:59 PM

I missed out on the bed and wardrobe and I had about 35 pieces of candy.
Old 11-01-02, 12:05 AM

I didn't know to save my candy so I only had like 5 pieces. Ah well.
Old 11-01-02, 03:22 AM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Originally posted by WildcatLH
Not only Christmas, but Thanksgiving too.
Oh wonderful. As if the holidays weren't stressful enough, now I get to look forward to crazed chipmunks stealing my giblets or something.

Originally posted by HotThang
Only thing you are missing is the Wardrobe
Now I'm really annoyed. One item short? I had about 60 pieces of candy and I come up 1 item short. I think I would have rather only got 2-3 "spooky" items total. Selling off the extras isn't any real consolation for me since I've got about 3 million in savings and another 250,000 won't do much really.
Old 11-01-02, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All I need is the stupid table. I have over 30 spookies, but no table. I got 5 of the wallpapers. I'm going to time travel to buy more candy and try again. It's too annoying to know that you're only one piece away from completing the set.
Old 11-01-02, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nah, I'm not a big fan of the spooky stuff, as I've seen the full set. It's ok looking. I know it's "omg ultra rare" but I just don't have the patience needed.
Old 11-01-02, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was so frustrated with my villagers yesterday, I finally used my two pitfalls and started to beat them with my net incessantly.

I wanted the whole set but quit after three pieces (sofa, cabinet, chair) because I was about to throw my Gamecube through the window.

My girlfriend wanted to play Halloween first... we didn't really know what to expect and luckily for me she volunteered to be the guinea pig. She had dug up three gyroids and two fossils while looking for Jack. By the time we figured out what happened when a villager attacked, they had already turned them into Jack-o-lanterns. I thought she was going to cry she was so pissed off! She loves her little gyroids. lol
Old 11-01-02, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh wonderful. As if the holidays weren't stressful enough, now I get to look forward to crazed chipmunks stealing my giblets or something.

Now I'm really annoyed. One item short? I had about 60 pieces of candy and I come up 1 item short. I think I would have rather only got 2-3 "spooky" items total. Selling off the extras isn't any real consolation for me since I've got about 3 million in savings and another 250,000 won't do much really.
Yeah. I'm with you! I am only missing the chair. I will just sell the set topay off my final loan. I just wanted to know if it would raise my HRA points having all one set in a room. Oh well! Mr. Resetti awaits.... :-)

Sam

Last edited by HotThang; 11-01-02 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-01-02, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok... I probably missed this, but...

What exactly does the HRA points do for me? I've seen folks post their totals. I only have a basement (that's my warehouse, but doesn't count in the standings, right?) and the expanded first floor. I've put a couple yellow/red items on the correct portion of my house and am collecting the lovely set. My points are at a reasonably low 9,000.

Does this affect my karma, like when folks see the fortune teller and thus my ability to find rare items? Would it help me to stop getting only stationery from my villagers when I do them favors?

If I filled my room with fish, and achieved 900 points, what would the 'penalty' be? Would I only find crappy fish? It's bad enough that I've only gotten less than 1/4 of the insects.
Old 11-01-02, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
Ok... I probably missed this, but...

What exactly does the HRA points do for me? I've seen folks post their totals. I only have a basement (that's my warehouse, but doesn't count in the standings, right?) and the expanded first floor. I've put a couple yellow/red items on the correct portion of my house and am collecting the lovely set. My points are at a reasonably low 9,000.

Does this affect my karma, like when folks see the fortune teller and thus my ability to find rare items? Would it help me to stop getting only stationery from my villagers when I do them favors?

If I filled my room with fish, and achieved 900 points, what would the 'penalty' be? Would I only find crappy fish? It's bad enough that I've only gotten less than 1/4 of the insects.
HRA score has 2 purposes

1)Attracts visitors to your town

2)Rare House and Manor Models

My points are currently at well over 130K and I've gotten both of the models, and I'm off to try and hit 200K tonite
Old 11-01-02, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Thunderball
HRA score has 2 purposes

1)Attracts visitors to your town

2)Rare House and Manor Models

My points are currently at well over 130K and I've gotten both of the models, and I'm off to try and hit 200K tonite
Thunderball,

Any tips would be very welcome. For instance, do 2 plants (Rubber Trees for instance with green leaves a beige base) bring better financial fortune than say a Ranch Couch (Large fully green coushins with beige wood)?
Is it about the amount of correct color? My problem is with items such as the Modern set, or Classic set, the furniture is dark black and dark brown?
Is the trick to get the fully matching set and then accesorize? or have an ecclectic set and base the colors?

The more hints the better... with over 130k in HRA points.. I suggest you make a manual.
Old 11-01-02, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I honestly don't have any "color coded" things in my living room.

I go with the "lucky" items, as opposed to "feng shui' because, just because it's a green plant, doesn't mean it gives you green feng shui. It's sort of hit or miss.

I have the Mario/Luigi Statue. Samurai suits. Assorted other goodies.
Old 11-02-02, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just as an aside, it's snowing in Boomtown today on AC. Which is weird, because it's also snowing outside here.
Old 11-02-02, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got over 30 pieces of furniture, and damn jack didnt give it all to me I needed the lamp and the bookcase. I got about 6 chairs, 4 walls, and 6 clocks...woot!

Is there any way to get those 2 Im missing, or am I out of luck?
Can I go back to middle of October, buy cand, skip to 31st, find Jack, then return to my current town, or If I time warp backwards, Do I lose stuff in my house?
Old 11-02-02, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Went back and used up the rest of my candy and finally got all of the Spooky set. It took me three or four hours and a ton of candy but I got it all. Of course I almost pulled my hair out trying to find him and get every piece.

My HRA rating jumped to 115,000 and I got the manor model. Now that I've got some good luck going I'm going to head back to the Island.

I ended up with many multiples including 8 spooky sofas. Luckily Nook gives over 10,000 bell for spooky items.

Last edited by darkside; 11-02-02 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-02-02, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Damnit you guys are making me want to mess with my clock because I am only missing two pieces.

Also does anyone have a listing for the complete set of space items? I think I might have them all except for the lunar wall.
Wendell is a bastard. Why does he only allow you to give him fish once per visit? Is there a way to get more out of him without cheating?
Old 11-03-02, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Space Theme:
Lunar Lander
Satellite
Flying Saucer
Rocket
Spaceman Sam
Asteroid
Lunar Rover
Space Station
Space Shuttle
Lunar Horizon (wallpaper from Wendell)
Lunar Surface (from Saharah)
Moon from Mayor during Harvest Moon is optional

I still can't get rare items on the island. I followed the instructions posted by Thunderball, but I still don't get anything good. I added the fishing trophy to my house today so maybe now I will have enough special items to increase my luck.
Old 11-03-02, 12:26 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Today is the start of the fishing tournment!
Old 11-03-02, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally posted by darkside
Space Theme:
Lunar Lander
Satellite
Flying Saucer
Rocket
Spaceman Sam
Asteroid
Lunar Rover
Space Station
Space Shuttle
Lunar Horizon (wallpaper from Wendell)
Lunar Surface (from Saharah)
Moon from Mayor during Harvest Moon is optional

Damnit, I don't have the space station or the lunar horizon. That damn Wendell won't give me the right wallpaper. Is there a way to feed him more than once a visit other than using a second villager?

Also does anyone know if the space station is rare? I have had this game since September and Crazy Redd hasn't visited me ONCE.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.