Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Animal Crossing Strategy & Discussion Part 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-02, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I got to the police station and got a very nice sweater (thankfully no more green clothing). I got a shovel and I got a mini-gargloid and a fossil - keeping them until I figure out what to do with them. Planted two peach trees next to my house, and I'm on my way to try to find a comic book for someone

I saw a present floating past me tied to a balloon (a lake was in the middle so I couldn't follow it all the way and by the time I got to the bridge and crossed I couldn't find it).
Old 12-13-02, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got wallpaper and a kiddie bed (I already had a carpet and a melon chair).

I forgot... is the $1000 rent due weekly or daily at the post office?
Old 12-13-02, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts
I don't believe the old banners are up there anymore... there are three different banners that all give you Soccer.

Any way to change the name of the town? I stupidly put spaces in front of the name, and it's really annoying.

I don't think you have to pay the rent in any timely fashion... it's just helpful if you want to expand your house faster.

Animal Crossing E-cards... are they really going to come out with 5 sets of these? I got a few packs for my wife for Christmas, along with the Ereader, but I don't know if I can afford to start collecting these. Considering the lifespan of the typical videogame, is Animal Crossing going to be popular enough for long enough to get all of these out?
Old 12-13-02, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GatorDeb
I got wallpaper and a kiddie bed (I already had a carpet and a melon chair).

I forgot... is the $1000 rent due weekly or daily at the post office?
My sister has the melon chair, its really nice looking! Her house is always more color coordinated than mine for some reason I wanted one too but it doesn't fit my outdoor theme at the moment.
Old 12-13-02, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got to the police station and got a very nice sweater (thankfully no more green clothing). I got a shovel and I got a mini-gargloid and a fossil - keeping them until I figure out what to do with them. Planted two peach trees next to my house, and I'm on my way to try to find a comic book for someone

I saw a present floating past me tied to a balloon (a lake was in the middle so I couldn't follow it all the way and by the time I got to the bridge and crossed I couldn't find it).
Your mini-gargloid is a Gyroid. They're just unusual home decorations essentially. However, if you sell them you can never re-order that particular one. I just keep all mine.

Have you visited your museum yet? Blathers will explain the process. What you're going to do is attach the fossil's to a letter to the museum for cleaning. You'll get them returned in the mail. Once you get them in the mail take them to your museum for display! If you get duplicates, sell them or turn your own house (or future basement) into a museum!

You can pay off your loan at anytime. As soon as its paid off, however, Nook will build you an addition to your house. It's really nice to have the extra space and a basement for all your junk.

The balloon with the present will float around until it gets caught in a tree. Shake the tree to get your present.
Old 12-13-02, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have something for Leopold and something to get from Leopold, however I can't find him. I would feel better about this time-waster if there was progress, but all I've done is walk around for 20 mins and have gained nothing.
Old 12-13-02, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I FOUND HIM IN THE FREAKING FOREST !!!

I hate this game.

Sigh
Old 12-13-02, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts
Hehe... just imagine if the city were bigger...

When I first got this game, I was a little disappointed at how small the town was. Now I'm grateful that it's the size it is...
Old 12-13-02, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You know what's sad? I'm now looking forward to New Year's Eve at Animal Crossing (according to Animalcrossing.com's newspaper there's a town-wide party) as much as spending the time with my own family
Old 12-13-02, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't get the GameCube/Gameboy Advance link to work.

1. Connect cable to GC
2. Turn on GC and start the saved game.
3. Turn on GBA
4. Connect cable to GBA

Per the manual, and nothing

And anyone know where to get ALL e-cards that are currently out? I can only find them at eBay where it's cost plus shipping. I'd rather buy them at a retailer.

Someone moved into my town!

BTW what do I do with all these shells? I don't know if they are valuable so I don't want to sell them. I have no more room for items (and I have some stored in a wardrobe closet and some more attached to like 9 letters and I've buried all my peaches and my house is full).

If I leave something laying around can someone steal it? What if I bury it next to my house?

Last edited by GatorDeb; 12-13-02 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-14-02, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't get the GameCube/Gameboy Advance link to work.

1. Connect cable to GC
2. Turn on GC and start the saved game.
3. Turn on GBA
4. Connect cable to GBA

Per the manual, and nothing

Do you have a game in your GBA? If so, take it out before you turn on the GBA.

Sell your shells or give them away. I don't think there's any other use for them, and new shells wash up on the shore all the time.
Old 12-14-02, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No game in the GBA.
Old 12-14-02, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
No game in the GBA.
That's really odd. I've never had any problems getting that to work. I leave my gba connected to the gc, though, and just turn it on while the gc is booting up.

Are you turning the gba on while waiting at the dock? The guy on the boat won't show up if you are on the screen with the dock. Did you try leaving that screen and then coming back?
Old 12-14-02, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've turned it on at the dock, at the house, at the title screen, at the open your saved game screen, at random screens, and at boot-up.
Old 12-14-02, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You know what's sad? I'm now looking forward to New Year's Eve at Animal Crossing (according to Animalcrossing.com's newspaper there's a town-wide party) as much as spending the time with my own family
Same here! Thankfully the game holiday's don't take too much of your time away from your real life partying, though Halloween was kinda crazy.

I sold my shells for money, there are certain ones that are worth quite a bit. Or you can attach them to letters and trade with other villagers. If you have too many just drop them by the ocean or the dump.
Old 12-27-02, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did everyone's local trees stop producing fruit? We just got the GBA connection for Xmas, and the opportunities to make 30K bell bags a plenty are limited by the lack of fruit. We planted a few on 'the island' (still not sure what the fave fruit is, but it's definitely not our native pears). But that doesn't leave much opportunity to get a plethora of fruit.

Also, for those attempting the GBA, until you go to the island, the only thing that you see on the GBA screen is like the GBA logo. The only difference will be that AFTER you turn it on, when you go to the dock, the guy in the boat will be there. (must turn it on before you are at the dock, or leave the dock quadrant and come back)

I did get my first 30K bell bag... I just need so many more...