Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

New Xbox Owners club. Come join me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-02, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Why don't you head to radio shack and get some RCA cable extensions (for under $10) and put your xbox right near where you are sitting. Then your 10ft. cords will be 9ft too long. I did that with my N64. Or get a Wavebird...er wait...
well, i like the xbox w/ the rest of the components.

i could get a optical audio cable extension, an s-video cable extension and a power cable extension ($40?)... or i could get a controller extension ($7). which would you do?

this isn't a big deal. is there a problem w/ having a long controller cable? just curious.

yes, as long as the wireless controller doesn't interfere w/ my wifi or telephone, i'd get a wireless controller!

---

went to another target, they had rallisport but not the one w/ the special hint booklet- $29! so maybe, only the ones in the big plastic case are cheap?
Old 10-23-02, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You mean when games are packed in the bubble thing with a hint book they are cheap?! Like how cheap? I saw Max Payne, and Bloodwake in those bubble things with the hint book...but no price on them.
Old 10-23-02, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I went out and got HALO and a AV splitter for all my stuff. Now I have all the proper hook ups and 5.1.

I love Halo. When I played it before I was far too drunk and confused and hated it. But with the proper connections and a clear head it's WAY better.

Oh....and my XBOX's name is Whicker. I was hoping for something cooler but it'll do.
Old 10-23-02, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Liver&Onions
You mean when games are packed in the bubble thing with a hint book they are cheap?! Like how cheap? I saw Max Payne, and Bloodwake in those bubble things with the hint book...but no price on them.
yeah, but i don't want to get your hopes up. when they checked bloodwake, it was $20. there was another game, but i forget what it was, $30.

didn't check max payne as i have it for the pc.

no prices so i took them over to the counter and had them scan them. one of the stores had them outside the cases, hanging. another had them in a back corner (hard to find).
Old 10-23-02, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I wouldn't mind Max Payne, any good deals around?
Old 10-23-02, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
Oh....and my XBOX's name is Whicker. I was hoping for something cooler but it'll do.
ok, i think i finally figured it out.
i see above the xbox picture is SNAKE
next to the controller (below the xbox picture) is PIRATE

i assume that SNAKE is the name of the xbox and pirate is my profile name? (i didn't create a profile so i guess it just created a name on its own or it's the default?)
Old 10-24-02, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah the very top name is that of your XBOX

I just can't believe how much I like HALO. I mean I know it's been been every gamers dream come true but normally that type of game isn't my thing. The only problem I have is that you seem to run slow. Other than that I can see why folks just freakin love this game.
Old 10-24-02, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

MoD, it only gets better!! just wait until you hit a snow level outside
Old 10-24-02, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The only problem I have is that you seem to run slow.
I think because some of the outdoor environments are so large it makes it seem like you run slower than you really are. Also the master chief is weighed down by a ton of armour so that could be an excuse.

Just jump in a warthog and you'll be fine .

Chris
Old 10-24-02, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah the very top name is that of your XBOX
thanks for that confirmation.

btw, i'm guessing that the names are not unique? b/c if they sold 2 million xboxes, that's a lot of names.
Old 10-24-02, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by young
thanks for that confirmation.

btw, i'm guessing that the names are not unique? b/c if they sold 2 million xboxes, that's a lot of names.
no the names arent unique. actually if you go to multiplayer in halo and dont choose a profile, when you go to the controller screen if you keep adding and removing a controller a bunch of random names come up, this is the pool of random names your xbox names come from ie. pirate, stumpy, dopey, etc.
Old 10-24-02, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Chris_D
I think because some of the outdoor environments are so large it makes it seem like you run slower than you really are. Also the master chief is weighed down by a ton of armour so that could be an excuse.

Just jump in a warthog and you'll be fine .

Chris
That's true, but I like it better than Quake fast. I hate how fast that game is. Halo run speed to me is somewhere in between goldeneye and quake. Anyone else?
Old 10-24-02, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by jpolce
pool of random names your xbox names come from ie. pirate, stumpy, dopey, etc.
don't forget about hambone...
Old 10-24-02, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

hambone. that is great. My friends and I came across some guys online who made up a team of players named after meat. It was too funny. I can't remember any but "Hamhock."
Old 10-25-02, 09:59 PM
Registered

Couldn't pass up the latest X-Box Sega Pack deal. And we're just about to add Video Game Reviews to the site so I thought now was as good as time as any to go for the X-box.

H-A-L-O - WOW

Great first experience, can't wait to play more.... going to be having a game filled weekend
Old 10-26-02, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by gkleinman
Couldn't pass up the latest X-Box Sega Pack deal. And we're just about to add Video Game Reviews to the site so I thought now was as good as time as any to go for the X-box.

H-A-L-O - WOW

Great first experience, can't wait to play more.... going to be having a game filled weekend
I rented Crazy Taxi 3 and Dead to Rights, and I love them both! . Then it hit aside from Dead to Rights I've bought this system for the Sega games alone

-JSRF
-Crazy Taxi 3
-Panzer Dragoon Orta
-House of The Dead 3

eh color me Fan-boy
Old 10-26-02, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,262 Likes on 840 Posts
Got one! Guess pretty much the same deal you guys have in the US, $289 CDN for Xbox, Controller S, Sega Challenge, and JSRF. Also got Halo and Mad Catz advanced AV pack. Woooooo!
Old 10-26-02, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up the Bundle last week while i was able to find it. Didnt buy any games at the time. But i plan to get one tommorow and then shen-mue 2 next weekened. Im thinking about

Buffy
Crazy Taxi 3
NFL2k3
Max Payne
halo

capt
Old 10-26-02, 08:15 PM

I have the coolest wife in the world

I had to put that in

I joined the bus tonight, this thing is incredible. I didn't buy any other games mainly because I didn't want to push my luck and because my target has been cleaned out.

I'll be adding more games over the next month but sofar Im very impressed with Sega GT.
Old 12-24-02, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

let me just say how disappointed i am... that Halo & Splinter Cell do NOT have 16x9 gameplay!!! what the heck is up w/ that?

just got a 52" widescreen tv, got the HD cable pack, all ready to go, turned on progressive, etc...

ah well, just venting...
Old 12-25-02, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They still look great, even stretched.
Old 12-25-02, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have given in to the darkside. I will be joining the Xbox club and trifecta club in a few days. Going to pick up an xbox, xbox live, splinter cell, ghost recon, and prolly halo in a few days. funny thing is when xbox came out i told myself that i wouldn't buy the xbox and I was all against xbox without a reason, but everything has changed.
Old 12-25-02, 04:43 PM

Originally posted by young
let me just say how disappointed i am... that Halo & Splinter Cell do NOT have 16x9 gameplay!!! what the heck is up w/ that?

just got a 52" widescreen tv, got the HD cable pack, all ready to go, turned on progressive, etc...

ah well, just venting...
I agree completely. I have a 16x9 HDTV and any game without 16x9 support gets major points deducted in my book. I always check on that info before I buy, and it has to be a mighty good game (like Halo) for me to pick it up without 16x9.

By the way, here are the sites if you're interested:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=100055

http://144.92.43.200/hdg/hdg.asp?System=Xbox
Old 12-25-02, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Joined the "Trifecta" club this week. With some Best Buy GCs I got a Box and Splinter Cell for about $100. I will be picking up Buffy later this week, and hopefully joining Live in a few months. I have more video games than I know what to do with.

So far, I'm enjoying it!
Old 12-25-02, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I picked up an XBOX this month along with Spiderman, Azurik, Amped, Mech Assault and XBOX Live. I played the demo of Splinter Cell and got bored (TimeSplitters 2 is the same thing so I already have that for the GameCube - stealth and snipe). I have 11 of the 14 XBOX magazined and DVDs (missing 1-3 until I pick them up soon) so I get to play a variety of games (I liked that new cat/vacuum game more than Splinter Cell).

The first time I went to save I thought 'darn I forgot the memory card' and then remembered about the hard drive. It's really an amazing machine. But I'm mad at MS for making the DVD Kit $30 extra. Like I told my nephew they should have made it play DVDs from the box and have the controller be the remote - then have a decent remote control for sale separately for the $30.

I don't know which I'm enjoying more, the XBOX or the Gamecube.

BTW what is the Trifecta club? XBOX, XBL, and Splinter Cell?

Since I suck at video games (my last console before this was the NES about 12 years ago) when I go to XBL after 1 minute of gameplay the others figure out I suck and they come to shoot me as a team. I joined a game and all three team members left me all alone

Last edited by GatorDeb; 12-25-02 at 08:05 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.