Radica Reflex Arcade Stick Opinions

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-09-02, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I'm having a hard time with DOA3 combo's with the factory controller so I was thinking about getting this controller:
Radica Reflex Arcade Stick at Best Buy
I'll probaly be buying Soul Caliber 2 also so I think it would be a good investment if it's a good controller.

Anyone try this one out yet with a opinion?

Thank you.
Old 03-09-02, 08:55 AM

I too have been waiting for an XBox arcade stick, however the Gamester (radica) does not seem the way to go. No arcade switches for movement (I think it uses a pressure pad inside) and it is WAY way too light. I am holding out to import the DOA arcade stick from Japan (made by HORI, by far the best accessory maker in Japan).

it looks like this:

If you do import this STAY AWAY FROM BUYRITE GAMES, not only will they charge you for this item (which they do not have in stock) but you will never get hold of customer service to get any answers, a sh*t outfit for sure. (I am off my soapbox now).
Old 03-09-02, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought that Reflex Arcade joystick from Best Buy and returned it the next day. The stick feels very mushy, and overall the joystick is too light and too small - unless your hands are the size of an 8-year old. Your hands will cramp up in no time.

That HORI stick that Zinc mentioned looks nice, and HORI has always made great sticks, but I prefer sticks that have the cone shaped handle as opposed to the ball sticks.

There aren't any decent joysticks available right now for the Xbox, which is kinda surprising since Dead or Alive 3 is one of its flagship games and has been out for a while. And what kind of self-respecting fighting gamer relegates himself to using gamepads to play a fighting game?

The best solution I've found so far is to get an X-Connection adapter. It allows you to use PS2 controllers (joysticks) on the Xbox. It didn't work with my PSX ASCII Arcade joystick (my favorite), but it did work with my PS2 Shadowblade. So I'm pretty happy with it. And I can finally put Dead or Alive 3 to good use.
Old 03-09-02, 09:02 PM

I am soooo excited to hear that the Shadowblade works with the Xjoybox, neither my ASCII stick nor my namco arcade stick worked and I thought it was a lost cause. If I can snag a shadowblade cheap maybe I'll get one, as it seems the DOA3 stick is in quite short supply in Japan and importing it is proving tough.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-09-02, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks guy's.. I'll look for that Hori stick tonight

If I can't find it i'll try that PS2 solution.

Last edited by cubanx; 03-09-02 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-10-02, 06:38 AM

If you find that Hori stick please post info. The only place on-line with it listed for sale is Buyrite games and THEY DO NOT HAVE IT IN STOCK (they also raised the price from 59.99 to 79.99 recently), I ordered it at 59 3-4 weeks ago, they charged my CC and sent me an e-mail saying it shipped. After 2 weeks of trying to get hold of thier customer service they finally write me back that it is not in stock and never has been. Wait for a reputable, reliable source on this, no matter how desperate do not order from buyrite, you will regret it.