Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Which of these Xbox games would be the best for me?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-02, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Cel Damage
Fuzion Frenzy
Blood Wake
Mad Dash Racing
Airforce Delta Storm

I'm trading away Wreckless in the Exchange forum because I thought it sucked and I'd like to trade for something fun. I've played the demos of Airforce Delta Storm, Fuzion Frenzy, Cel Damage, and Mad Dash Racing. They all seemed okay - but nothing amazing. Haven't played Blood Wake - is it cool? Fuzion Frenzy would be fun cuz there are 4 controllers and 4 people in my house, but that zackarakatack kid makes me want to throw something at the TV. Mad Dash seems kinda fun, but is there more to it than this? Airforce Delta's demo had about 5 jets to fly and 3 or 4 missions, so I guess if I wasn't that thrilled with the demo then the game won't be much better? Cel Damage seemed kinda fun, but is there alot more to the game than the demo lets on? Any help would be appreciated. Also - if you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears... here's what I have:

Halo
Silent Hill 2
DOA3
Project Gotham Racing
Amped
Dark Summit
Tony Hawk 2x

I also have Max Payne for the PC so I don't need the Xbox version. Not into sports and don't need another snowboarding game. I guess there's just not much out there yet unless I'm overlooking some game. I guess I'd just like to hear what other people think cuz I'm having trouble making up my mind.
Old 02-11-02, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of the ones listed there, Blood Wake is the only one that's actually good.

Admittedly I've never tried Cel Damage, but the reviews were pretty bad. Stay away from Fusion Frenzy unless you have 4 people playing on a regular basis (and Halo is better for that anyhoo), the AFDS demo was really bad IMO, and Mad Dash woulda had potential if it didn't make my thumb hurt so bad (demo).

Blood Wake on the other hand is a lot of fun, with pretty good multiplayer as well.

my review (near bottom): http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ght=blood+wake

If you're talking about a brand new game, I'm waiting to see how New Legends looks (already got 1 86% score from voodoo extreme -- link on flays thread), and/or JSRF (a week or two away, if you can wait).

Tuan Jim
Old 02-11-02, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

or you could wait a bit and try and get a trade for Genma Onimusha (or whatever it's called ) or some other better game...
Old 02-11-02, 08:42 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Blood Wake is the only game worth buying on that list.

You should also rent Wreckless. If you like fake and real wrestling, WWF Raw and UFC Tapout both get released tommorrow.

Or you could wait and pick up New Legends, JSGR, or Chariot Maximus later in the month.

Last edited by Flay; 02-11-02 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-11-02, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Flay

Or you could wait and pick up New Legends, JSGR, or Chariot Maximus later in the month.
Have there been any preview or early reviews on Chariot Maximus yet? Perhaps it's just me but the game looks ridiculously bad - but that is just a first impression based on some movies etc and i was wondering if any sites actually reviewed it yet.
Old 02-11-02, 02:26 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by xmiyux
Have there been any preview or early reviews on Chariot Maximus yet? Perhaps it's just me but the game looks ridiculously bad - but that is just a first impression based on some movies etc and i was wondering if any sites actually reviewed it yet.
Not yet. The coolest thing I read about it is that you can play co-op. 1 guy driving the chariot and the other using the weaponry on the back.

If you play single player, the computer AI will automatically pick take over whoever you're not using while you switch back and forth.

You can read the preview I linked in my XBox release date thread.
Old 02-11-02, 02:57 PM
Mod Emeritus

Trigger, if I were you I would hold my horses for about a month... There are a lot of games coming down the shoot and you could will have more selection than those you've listed.
Old 02-12-02, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Well, I'd wait, but like I said - I'm trading away Wreckless for something that is already out. And that list is what I think I'm interested in. JSRF isn't out yet and I wasn't all that hyped about JGR on the Dreamcast. I was leaning towards Fuzion Frenzy, but sounds like Blood Wake is good. It just looks so dumb. Is it just boats? Eh - whatever - can't be worse than Wreckless.