Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

I Think My DS Lite Screen Is Broken :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I Think My DS Lite Screen Is Broken :(

I haven't played my DS in a while, but I just picked up Zelda and Etrian Odyssey, and I feel that my DS screen is definitely messed up from playing too rough with Elite Beat Agents. I can see exactly where I press on the screen to draw on these games or aim, and it doesn't go there. It will go a little to the left or the right. It may not be a big deal, but it definitely makes the game less enjoyable when the lines are getting drawn in the wrong place and I have to erase and start over.

Has anyone experienced this? I tried calibrating the screen, but to no avail. It just keeps rotating around and around and around. Is this what it's supposed to do? I don't remember how the calibration worked before and if it finishes or if it's a loop you cancel out of.
Old 10-03-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
If it keeps rotating around and around, you aren't being precise enough with your taps. Keep doing it.
Old 10-03-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Believe me when I tell you, that I could not be more precise. I never had this problem until just recently, and I had noticed it getting progressively less accurate during my EBA obsession.

I would get very close and press right on the little square. I think I just may have been too rough with it.
Old 10-03-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have a (cheap) screen protector on it? If so then the adhesive had probably effed up your screen. Remove the protector, clean the screen up and then give it a shot, it should work. This happened to my friend a few months ago.
Old 10-03-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nope, no screen protector. I wonder if I'm still under warranty, or if I should call Nintendo and see what they say.
Old 10-03-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In that case, give them a call. They may help you even out of warranty.
Old 10-03-07, 02:46 PM
rhc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same thing happen to my niece's DS she was obsessed with ouendan and it wouldn't calibrate. so we sent it back to nintendo was about a 2 week turnaround.
Old 10-06-07, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I called, but my warranty expired in June. . I think I'm just going to pick up a new one since a reburb from them is 96, and the repair is 75, not including shipping.