SSB:M-----has anyone beat Bowser?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

SSB:M-----has anyone beat Bowser?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-02, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSB:M-----has anyone beat the new Bowser?

Sorry if this isn't in the right thread, but the old thread is getting a bit too cluttered.

I was playing in Adventure mode, on Normal, with Roy. I had used one continue. I was on Final Destination, and I was having a bit of trouble beating Bowser, so I laid down a mine and hit him into it. He flew off screen, Roy twirled his sowrd, said something in Jap., and planted his sword in the ground, Boswers' statue fell down into the abyss, and my point totals came up. After I hit start, Bowsers' statue came back up. It sat there for a moment, then lightning hit it, and the statue broke, revealing one MEAN bowser. This guy was a total badass!! He was flicking me around like a chew toy!! I had 120% damage, while I had only managed to inflict 20%!!! He not only WAS mean, he LOOKED mean. He looked like he belonged in the old E3 videos of Zelda!!----crooked spikes and a mean look on his face----maybe he was what Miyamoto meant when he said Mario was going to grow up? Has anyone been able to beat him?

Last edited by Chaos; 01-15-02 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-15-02, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah. He's "Giga Bowser", and appears after you beat Bowser in "Normal" mode or higher (possibly without continuing, according to GameFaqs, but I've seen him appear after one continue). Tough, but not unbeatable; just concentrate on damage-dealing attacks until he's in the 200% range, and let loose.

And if you think that's tough, wait 'till you get to the Event Match with good 'ol "Left Hand..."
Old 01-15-02, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how do you get to fight giga bowser?
Old 01-15-02, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Off topic but....how the hell do you beat event match 45 or something like that...it's peach and dr mario. Man, they smack me around to badly, it ain't even funny!

Also, I think I collected all trophies in classic mode, but I still have two characters that have question marks in the place. Am I missing something? I know one of them is mewtwo, but I thought Clock was supposed to challenge me after fighting with all the characters.

Neitzl
Old 01-15-02, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Neitzl:
Mewtwo is unlocked by
Spoiler:
Playing 20 hours in VS mode. Note that each controller racks up time, so it's only five hours with four controllers plugged in. Just go to a standard timed match, set time to unlimited, and turn off the TV.

Mr. Game & Watch is unlocked by
Spoiler:
Beating all the classic and adventure modes with all other characters, INCLUDING MEWTWO, which I think is where you're running into difficulty.

And if you think match 45 is bad, you have some unpleasant surprises in store...

White Knight:
Allow me to quote myself:
...He's "Giga Bowser", and appears after you beat Bowser in "Normal" mode or higher (possibly without continuing, according to GameFaqs, but I've seen him appear after one continue)...
Old 01-15-02, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is exactly why we were keeping a One and Only Super Smash Bros: Melee Thread.
Old 01-15-02, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
joltaddict,

Yup, read that one. I'm too lazy to search or go looking for it, so I posted on this one.

Neitzl
Old 01-15-02, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There you go quoting yourself Sorry! Next time I'll open my eyes.
Old 01-16-02, 06:37 AM

Originally posted by Neitzl
Off topic but....how the hell do you beat event match 45 or something like that...it's peach and dr mario. Man, they smack me around to badly, it ain't even funny!

Neitzl
When I played it, I was getting smacked around pretty badly, but then Dr. Mario slipped, and fell off the cliff, so I just had Peach to deal with, which was tough enough.

Also, Maybe Giga Bowser is what Miyamoto meant when he said Mario was going to grow up?
Old 01-16-02, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Chaos

Also, Maybe Giga Bowser is what Miyamoto meant when he said Mario was going to grow up?
I doubt it, the game was designed by HAL and I'm sure Miyamoto had little, if any, input.
Old 01-16-02, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Chaos
Nah, he's probably referring to his acceptance of the painfully obvious "lifestyle choice" of his younger brother.

Anyone else get that vibe from everyone's second favorite plumber?