Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PS2 Game Cases

Old 12-27-01, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PS2 Game Cases

I've got 4 PS2 games over the past few days(NHL 2002 and NCAA Football 2002 for Christmas) and I bought 007 and Final Fantasy X today. Two of the 4 have had some type of problem with the keep case. NHL had one of the parts of the hub that holds the disc broken and Final Fantasy had one of the booklet holders broken off. I don't feel like going back and exchanging them so I'm wondering if I can buy replacement cases somewhere(I know I can get regular DVD cases but I'm looking for the PS2 specific ones with the memory card holder). If not, I guess I'll just pick up some spare amaray cases. This coupled with 2 of my 3 attempted in store pickup orders at best buy resulting in the item not actually being in the store has gotten me irritated a bit lately
Old 12-27-01, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My MGS2 came with busted instructions holders. I'll probably buy a cheap game at eb, switch cases and return it to ebay within the 10 day trial.
Old 12-27-01, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why would you want to pay more money?

You are going to have to go out anyway

and buy cases...or if you get them online will have to wait longer than standing in a line.

why not go exchange the games (a lot of stores will let you return them (even though you did not get them there) without a receipt if you get the same game, heck they will even open them for you in front of your eyes),

open them in the store (to check and see if everything is A OK)

and then that would be the end of it...

no money lost.....
Old 12-28-01, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah I've still got the reciepts and I have to head back to the mall so I'll just exchange my copies with the broken cases for new copies and I'll open them before I leave the premises. I think I've got 30 days so either way I've got plenty of time.