Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews
 



Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-24-01, 09:45 PM   #1
Anthony Soprano
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 7,165
Have you ever completed a trade with the computer on Madden 2002?

I have tried a dozen trades and not been able to get any to go through. I have offered players that are ranked in the 90s for players in the 80s at a different position and not been able to do it. Is there a trick to it?

Also, my stats that I achieve during a game (longest pass, longest run, etc.) are never saved. In a season or franchise, do you have to save your stats after every game?
__________________
The Official Other Forum Mob Boss, Waste Management Consultant, and 2nd runner up in DVDTalk Survivor II

Let's make a deal, you don't crap in my thread, and I won't crap in yours!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-01, 06:42 AM   #2
Cornemite
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Chicago, IL 60619
Posts: 76
Re: Have you ever completed a trade with the computer on Madden 2002?

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Soprano
I have tried a dozen trades and not been able to get any to go through. I have offered players that are ranked in the 90s for players in the 80s at a different position and not been able to do it. Is there a trick to it?
Nope. No trick. The players listed in the 90s are superstars. So, it depends on what the score of the player(s) in the 80s is. If they're in the low 80s, you can forget about it. If they player(s) are in the upper 80s, you may have to toss in a draft pick. You also have to look at the other team's needs. Do they have good players at the position you're trying to trade players for?

I always preferred the trade system in 2K. You could do a 1-for-5, and even get future draft picks. And it's not as easy to pry a number one pick out of the hands of a crappy team.

Here's another hint: If there's a player who's rated in the 90s in free agency, grab him and trade him for the player you want.

Quote:
Also, my stats that I achieve during a game (longest pass, longest run, etc.) are never saved. In a season or franchise, do you have to save your stats after every game?
When you go to save, use the R1 button to go to "Save All." There should be profiles and settings for you to save, too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-01, 10:33 AM   #3
Anthony Soprano
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 7,165
Thanks so much!
__________________
The Official Other Forum Mob Boss, Waste Management Consultant, and 2nd runner up in DVDTalk Survivor II

Let's make a deal, you don't crap in my thread, and I won't crap in yours!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-01, 07:15 PM   #4
lordzeppelin
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
lordzeppelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, PA GO PENS!
Posts: 4,946
I ran into this problem myself...All I could get for (I know, I know...) Kordell Stewart was a 6th round draft pick from Atlanta. They wouldn't even give me Chris Chandler if I threw in 2 of my own draft picks. Needless to say, the Trades on Madden are TOUGH beyond belief. I agree with what Soprano is saying...You can't even trade Edgerrin James for a runningback with half his rating. Ridiculous!
__________________
With my stash, itís kinda hard to miss. Iím like the Scrooge McDuck of pr0n. - Kudama
XBOX Live GamerTag: Ronin317 ~~ PSN: Ronin_317 ~~ Lord Zeppelin's Sick DVD Buying Habit
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 02:35 AM   #5
Anthony Soprano
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 7,165
Quote:
Originally posted by lordzeppelin
I ran into this problem myself...All I could get for (I know, I know...) Kordell Stewart was a 6th round draft pick from Atlanta. They wouldn't even give me Chris Chandler if I threw in 2 of my own draft picks. Needless to say, the Trades on Madden are TOUGH beyond belief. I agree with what Soprano is saying...You can't even trade Edgerrin James for a runningback with half his rating. Ridiculous!
Atleast it is not just me.
__________________
The Official Other Forum Mob Boss, Waste Management Consultant, and 2nd runner up in DVDTalk Survivor II

Let's make a deal, you don't crap in my thread, and I won't crap in yours!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 09:11 AM   #6
Cornemite
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Chicago, IL 60619
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally posted by lordzeppelin
I ran into this problem myself...All I could get for (I know, I know...) Kordell Stewart was a 6th round draft pick from Atlanta. They wouldn't even give me Chris Chandler if I threw in 2 of my own draft picks. Needless to say, the Trades on Madden are TOUGH beyond belief. I agree with what Soprano is saying...You can't even trade Edgerrin James for a runningback with half his rating. Ridiculous!
1) How high were your draft picks? What rounds were you offering picks in? If you're picking in the bottom of each round, your picks (outside of #1 and #2) aren't worth much, especially if Atlanta is choosing within 2-3 slots of your picks.

I think they made Madden's trading AI more realistic. Think about it. Why would Atlanta take Kordell Stewart? He doesn't have much of an arm and he's a scrambler. So, in Atlanta's eyes, why trade for him when they have a similar quarterback with more potential in Michael Vick?

And why would Indy want to trade James? He's one of the top 5 running backs in the NFL.

The secret to trading in Madden is thinking like a GM. You're going to have to give something to get something.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 09:44 AM   #7
Jeraden
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,938
I think you are getting confused on what they are trying to do. Like with Edgerrin James he's trying to get RID of him for a running back of lesser rating. As you state, if he's one of the top running backs in the league, why would anyone refuse that trade? Its like trying to trade someone a dollar bill for 2 quarters. Nobody in their right mind would refuse that trade, except for the GMs in Madden apparently.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 10:38 AM   #8
Cornemite
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Chicago, IL 60619
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeraden
I think you are getting confused on what they are trying to do. Like with Edgerrin James he's trying to get RID of him for a running back of lesser rating. As you state, if he's one of the top running backs in the league, why would anyone refuse that trade? Its like trying to trade someone a dollar bill for 2 quarters. Nobody in their right mind would refuse that trade, except for the GMs in Madden apparently.
I just tried it with my Madden. I had to create a new season to do it, and use Indy, but the other team jumped at the chance. I traded him to the Bears for James Allen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 11:06 AM   #9
wildcatlh
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Work. Or commuting. Certainly not at home.
Posts: 17,816
Actually.... I thought it was a bit too easy at one point. Simmed through 2001 and then took over Houston in 2002... got Shaun King in the expansion draft.... in 2003, got a better QB via the draft and then traded King to the Bears for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks.
__________________
"An avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty. It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret, and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 11:48 AM   #10
Cornemite
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Chicago, IL 60619
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally posted by WildcatLH
Actually.... I thought it was a bit too easy at one point. Simmed through 2001 and then took over Houston in 2002... got Shaun King in the expansion draft.... in 2003, got a better QB via the draft and then traded King to the Bears for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks.
I agree... Since there are no signing bonuses, it's really easy to trade players for picks and get better quickly. In one draft, I wound up with picks 1-7 in the first round. I'd sign a free agent, then trade him for a first and third, then take 3 thirds and trade for a first.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.