Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

ToysRUs B&M Might Not Presell GameCube

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-01, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ToysRUs B&M Might Not Presell GameCube

I just called TRU to check on when they would be taking preorders and here's what they told me:

TRU bought 40% of the Nintendo preorder stock and there would be enough for everyone that wants one. Therefore they would not be preselling them.

This was just from a clerk in the Dublin California store, so take it for what it's worth. Can anyone else confirm or refute this fact. I've been waiting to preorder it from TRU (I have a TRU Visa and enough GC's to get it for free). If they aren't preselling I may go elsewhere and get one.
Old 09-14-01, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They took preorders for GBA, I don't see why they wouldn't for Gamecube.
Old 09-14-01, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
KB Toys is not taking preorders for Gamecube, but I don't know about Toys R US. If Nintendo has their full 1.1 million available for Launch I think most people should be able to get on at the launch. Normally systems only launch with 500,000 and that creates most of the problems. I applaud Nintendo for not putting pressure on retailers to sell preorder bundles and I will be buying a Cube at launch. I can get a system, memory card, and any game I want for $265. I will take that any day over the $500 minimum for an Xbox bundle. Also, with Microsoft only shipping 500,000 Xboxes the odds of getting one without buying a high priced pre order bundle are slim at best.
Old 09-14-01, 03:31 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with darkside, I hope the get the 1.1 million units here and everyone can get one. That way I won't be forced to wait in line, get an overpriced bundle, or wait until after launch to get one.