Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Bart About To Drop His Pants?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bart About To Drop His Pants?

Old 03-23-01, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW YORK — America's favorite cartoon bad boy may soon become a man.

The producers of The Simpsons are considering the possibility of having Bart Simpson lose his virginity in an upcoming movie version of the smash Fox sitcom.

"I see lots of Simpson sex in the movie," executive producer David Mirkin said in published reports.

Asked to elaborate, Mirkin said that Bart — whose slogans include "Eat My Shorts" — would have his first sexual experience.

A source at the show told The Post that one scenario being considered is for Bart to lose his virginity to an older Mrs. Robinson type.

The movie version of The Simpsons would take place five or six years in the future, and Bart would be portrayed as a teen-ager.

During the 12-year run of the TV show, Bart has remained 10 years old.

But Mirkin insisted the creative forces behind the series are in no rush to hurry Bart into adulthood.

He said the TV show must run its course before a big-screen version is made.

"There is money to be made with a movie. But we're waiting for the show to end for the movie to happen," Mirkin said.

"It's been 12 years for The Simpsons, and it gets tougher and tougher to keep it fresh. But everyone is killing themselves to make sure that happens.

"When we eventually have episodes where we go into space or the center of the Earth, we'll know it's time to hang it up."

The adventures of couch potato Homer, his wife, Marge, and their kids in the fictional city of Springfield have made The Simpsons the most successful cartoon series in TV history.

Bart even enjoyed a hit with his rap single, "Do the Bart Man," which was voiced by Nancy Cartwright.

http://foxnews.com/foxlife/032301/bart.sml

Leave your comments here.
Old 03-23-01, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not necessarily true

For one thing, consider the source - FOX News. They wouldn't mind getting the Simpsons free epublicity by "reporting" a story like this.

This was posted yesterday (3/22) at The Simpsons Archive, the best damn Simpsons site I know of:
When David Mirkin said the future movie will contain lots of sex, he was only joking, which some UK sources chose to ignore. See the original quotes from the Cinescape article in our movie file.
Old 03-23-01, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by aob505

"When we eventually have episodes where we go into space or the center of the Earth, we'll know it's time to hang it up."

Homer visited Space already The Simpsons have been in space multiple times (mostly Treehouse of Horrors episodes) I love the Simpsons, but I think its time to hang up the series and focus on Futurama (and the movies).
Old 03-23-01, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the simpsons should start ageing, it would give them a lot more story lines of Bart and Lisa did start dating and the such.
Old 03-23-01, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally posted by aob505

I think Groening said once that the series would be at the end of its life if they did something really dumb, like giving Bart a talking dog.

I figured the Bart/Mrs. Robinson story was a joke.

J
Old 03-23-01, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ay Carumba! Shouldn't they at least do an episode where his voice changes first?