Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lets have some SIMPSONS Trivia....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-01, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since one cant have enough of the Simpsons....i'll begin it with a round of the Name Game.

What is Old Man's name?>

Chief Wiggum's wife?>

Ralph's imaginary pet dog?>

The female gym coach?>
Old 03-08-01, 03:15 PM

This was a simpsons quiz that was in my university's newsletter. I actually answered every question correct, and won $10 for "beverages" at a local grocery store. See how many you can get. (note: QM means quiz master, and I have also edited most of the questions down to make it a bit shorter)

1. Where to begin, where to begin? Since it's usually best to begin at the beginning, that is where the QM will begin — who created the Simpsons?

2. The Simpsons weren't always the darling of the FOX network. When the show premiered back on April 19, 1987, it wasn't as a full-fledged half hour show, but as an animated short ("interstitals" in TV-jargon) for what already established show?

3. Slightly less vocal, but just as important, are the Simpson pets — a cat named Snowball II and a dog named what?

4. A cat named Snowball II implies that, at one point, there was a Snowball I. The original version of the Simpson kitty was, tragically, smashed flat by the Mayor's drunken cousin Cletus.

How can you tell Snoball I and II apart (aside from the fact that one is covered in tire tracks)?

5. True or False: "Homer" and "Marge" were the names of the creator's parents.

6. Being the caring, compassionate man that he is, Homer Simpson borrowed money from his dad, Abe Simpson, to make a down payment on his house, and then, three weeks later, shipped old Abe off to what nursing home?

7. Of course, Grandpa Simpson was not always a "pathetic old coot," as he so often seems. He was once a proud officer in World War Two, in, as he says, "the fightingest squad in the fightingest company in the third fightingest battalion in the army." He even sports a tattoo (a very wrinkly one) from his days in the armed services.

What is the name of the squadron in which Grandpa Simpson fought?

8. Who is the Simpson's family physician?

9. What was Moe's boxing name when he first took up the sport? What was his name when he dropped it?

10. One wears a purple vest and a black hat; one has hair that hangs over his eyes, and one has a shaved head.

What are these bullies' names, in the order that they were just described?

11. How frustrating to have a boss who never remembers your name! Such is the woe of Homer Simpson, whose boss, the venerable 104-year old multimillionaire C. Montgomery Burns, is forever encountering Homer and asking his assistant Smithers, "what is the name of this simpering dunderpot?" Of course, seeing that Burns is 104 years old, one might cut him a little slack — he most likely often forgets that the "C" in his name stands for what?

12. The Simpsons have received 31 Emmy Nominations. How many have they won?

13. How many Oscars (in the series, not real life) did "Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie" win?

14. As if all those Emmys aren't enough, "The Simpsons" holds the record for the greatest number of guest stars. Everyone from the Red Hot Chili Peppers to Ernest Borgnine to Meryl Streep to Bob Newhart have spent some time in Springfield.

Of the four stars mentioned above, who did not appear as themselves?

15. What band is set to appeared in this season's premiere?

16. On two separate occasions, a guest star lent his voice to "The Simpsons," but wasn't listed in the credits. One example of this is when Michael Jackson voiced the character of Leon Kompowsky, a man who thinks he is (and therefore talks like) Michael Jackson. Leon is Homer's roommate in the New Bedlam Rest Home for the Emotionally Interesting. Despite the fact that it is both obvious and acknowledged that Michael Jackson was behind the voice, the credits listed him as "John Jay Smith."

In another episode, "Sam Etic" is credited as being the voice of Lisa's substitute teacher, although the character is really voiced by whom?

17. One of the most popular guest stars provided the voice for favorite characters Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure. When this actor was killed in 1998, his characters were retired.

What was this actor's name?

18. We recognize Troy McClure from a lot of movies; which of the following is not one of them? The Revenge of Abe Lincoln; The Erotic Adventures of Hercules; My Mother, My Lover: A Tale from West Virginia; Hydro, the Man with Hydraulic Arms; P is for Psycho.

19. What is the name of the super-hot chilis that send Homer on a psychedelic quest in the episode entitled "El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer"? Where and by whom are these peppers grown?

20. Jebediah Springfield, beloved founder of Springfield, was not the patriotic American he was made out to be. In the episode "Lisa the Iconoclast," Lisa Simpson finds that he was really an evil pirate named Hans Sprungfeld.

Hans was in need of what peculiar prosthetic body part?

21. Like father, like son: Throughout the years, Homer and Bart have both sold their soul for certain physical comforts.

To whom, and for what, did Homer and Bart sell their respective souls?

22. Famed Baltimore filmmaker John Waters stared in a "Simpsons" episode entitled "Homer's Phobia."

What, exactly, is Homer afraid of in this episode?

23. And that's not all he's afraid of. When Marge reveals herself to be a flying phobic, Homer brags that he is scared of nothing. One word from Marge, however, sends him screaming from the room in terror.

What did Marge mention to so thoroughly terrify her husband?

24. The QM wants exact data here: How much older is Bart than Lisa?

25. What is the name of the car that Krusty endorses? (Hint: It's two lanes long and four lanes wide; smells like a steer and seats forty-five.)

26. In honor of the Season Premiere, what weekly magazine is printing 24 different covers for the same issue, each cover showing a different Springfield resident?

I shall post all the answers in a day or two.
Old 03-08-01, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

these questions are too easy!
but for the sake of the forum
i'll just step aside - and let everyone else give it a try

Old 03-08-01, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What kind of car does Troy McClure drive?

Old 03-08-01, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

delorean - just like michael j fox!
Old 03-08-01, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Did this quick and I'm at work so here it goes

Originally posted by mlister
This was a simpsons quiz that was in my university's newsletter. I actually answered every question correct, and won $10 for "beverages" at a local grocery store. See how many you can get. (note: QM means quiz master, and I have also edited most of the questions down to make it a bit shorter)

1. Where to begin, where to begin? Since it's usually best to begin at the beginning, that is where the QM will begin — who created the Simpsons?Mat Groening

2. The Simpsons weren't always the darling of the FOX network. When the show premiered back on April 19, 1987, it wasn't as a full-fledged half hour show, but as an animated short ("interstitals" in TV-jargon) for what already established show?Tracey Ullman

3. Slightly less vocal, but just as important, are the Simpson pets — a cat named Snowball II and a dog named what? Santa's Little Helper and Laddie, Stamppie (at one time)

4. A cat named Snowball II implies that, at one point, there was a Snowball I. The original version of the Simpson kitty was, tragically, smashed flat by the Mayor's drunken cousin Cletus.

How can you tell Snoball I and II apart (aside from the fact that one is covered in tire tracks)? Snowball I was actualy white

5. True or False: "Homer" and "Marge" were the names of the creator's parents. False

6. Being the caring, compassionate man that he is, Homer Simpson borrowed money from his dad, Abe Simpson, to make a down payment on his house, and then, three weeks later, shipped old Abe off to what nursing home? Retirement Castle

7. Of course, Grandpa Simpson was not always a "pathetic old coot," as he so often seems. He was once a proud officer in World War Two, in, as he says, "the fightingest squad in the fightingest company in the third fightingest battalion in the army." He even sports a tattoo (a very wrinkly one) from his days in the armed services.

What is the name of the squadron in which Grandpa Simpson fought?Hell Fish

8. Who is the Simpson's family physician? Dr. Hibbart

9. What was Moe's boxing name when he first took up the sport? What was his name when he dropped it? Kid Georgeous - Kid Gruesome

10. One wears a purple vest and a black hat; one has hair that hangs over his eyes, and one has a shaved head.

What are these bullies' names, in the order that they were just described?Nelson(but I think they are refering to the "original" bully, Dolf, Kerney

11. How frustrating to have a boss who never remembers your name! Such is the woe of Homer Simpson, whose boss, the venerable 104-year old multimillionaire C. Montgomery Burns, is forever encountering Homer and asking his assistant Smithers, "what is the name of this simpering dunderpot?" Of course, seeing that Burns is 104 years old, one might cut him a little slack — he most likely often forgets that the "C" in his name stands for what?

12. The Simpsons have received 31 Emmy Nominations. How many have they won?

13. How many Oscars (in the series, not real life) did "Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie" win?2

14. As if all those Emmys aren't enough, "The Simpsons" holds the record for the greatest number of guest stars. Everyone from the Red Hot Chili Peppers to Ernest Borgnine to Meryl Streep to Bob Newhart have spent some time in Springfield.

Of the four stars mentioned above, who did not appear as themselves?Meryl streep??

15. What band is set to appeared in this season's premiere?The Who

16. On two separate occasions, a guest star lent his voice to "The Simpsons," but wasn't listed in the credits. One example of this is when Michael Jackson voiced the character of Leon Kompowsky, a man who thinks he is (and therefore talks like) Michael Jackson. Leon is Homer's roommate in the New Bedlam Rest Home for the Emotionally Interesting. Despite the fact that it is both obvious and acknowledged that Michael Jackson was behind the voice, the credits listed him as "John Jay Smith."

In another episode, "Sam Etic" is credited as being the voice of Lisa's substitute teacher, although the character is really voiced by whom?Dustin Hoffman

17. One of the most popular guest stars provided the voice for favorite characters Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure. When this actor was killed in 1998, his characters were retired.

What was this actor's name?Phil Heartman

18. We recognize Troy McClure from a lot of movies; which of the following is not one of them? The Revenge of Abe Lincoln; The Erotic Adventures of Hercules; My Mother, My Lover: A Tale from West Virginia; Hydro, the Man with Hydraulic Arms; P is for Psycho.The revenge of Abe Lincoln ??

19. What is the name of the super-hot chilis that send Homer on a psychedelic quest in the episode entitled "El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer"? Where and by whom are these peppers grown? Guatimalin Insanity Prpper

20. Jebediah Springfield, beloved founder of Springfield, was not the patriotic American he was made out to be. In the episode "Lisa the Iconoclast," Lisa Simpson finds that he was really an evil pirate named Hans Sprungfeld.

Hans was in need of what peculiar prosthetic body part? silver tung

21. Like father, like son: Throughout the years, Homer and Bart have both sold their soul for certain physical comforts.

To whom, and for what, did Homer and Bart sell their respective souls?Homer - to the devil for a Donut; Bart to Millhouse for $5 ??

22. Famed Baltimore filmmaker John Waters stared in a "Simpsons" episode entitled "Homer's Phobia."

What, exactly, is Homer afraid of in this episode?Bart going Queer

23. And that's not all he's afraid of. When Marge reveals herself to be a flying phobic, Homer brags that he is scared of nothing. One word from Marge, however, sends him screaming from the room in terror.

spiders (but I don't think it is that)

24. The QM wants exact data here: How much older is Bart than Lisa? 2yrs?

25. What is the name of the car that Krusty endorses? (Hint: It's two lanes long and four lanes wide; smells like a steer and seats forty-five.)El Canninario

26. In honor of the Season Premiere, what weekly magazine is printing 24 different covers for the same issue, each cover showing a different Springfield resident?TV Guide

I shall post all the answers in a day or two.
Old 03-08-01, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Old 03-08-01, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by CPA-ESQ.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was the Mayors drunken brother Clovis.
Old 03-09-01, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice catch Trout
Old 03-09-01, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by CPA-ESQ.

spiders (but I don't think it is that)
Nope, it was sock puppets.
The question said "one word from Marge", but it was actually two.
Old 03-11-01, 10:57 PM

here are the answers

1. Matt Groening

2. The Tracey Ullman Show

3. Santa's Littler Helper

4. The first Snowball was white, while Snowball II is black

5. True - Homer and Margaret ("Marge") are the names of his parents (Mrs. Simpson is Marjorie)

6. Springfield Retirement Home, not yet the Springfield Retirement Castle

7. "Flying Hellfish" battalion

8. Dr. Julius Hibbert

9. Directly from Moe: "They called me Kid Gorgeous. Later on, it was Kid Presentable. Then Kid Gruesome. And finally, Kid Moe."

10. Jimbo, Dolph, Kearney

11. Charles

12. out of 33 emmy nominations (not 31 as stated in the question), The Simpsons has 15 wins

13. 9

14. Meryl Streep appeared as Jessica Lovejoy (Bart's evil girlfriend and Rev. Lovejoy's daughter)

15. The Who

16. Dustin Hoffman

17. Phil Hartman

18. My Mother, My Lover: A Tale from West Virginia

19. The merciless peppers of Quetzlzacatenango! Grown deep in the jungle primeval by the inmates of a Guatemalan insane asylum

20. a tongue

21. Homer - to the devil (Ned Flander look-a-like devil) for a donut (mmmmmmmm forbidden donut), and Bart sold his to Milhouse Van Houten for $4.50 (who then sold it to the Comic Book Guy for Alf pogs)

22. Homosexuals (or is it Homersexuals?, no it is actually what I said first)

23. sock puppets

24. Bart says he is two years and thirty eight days older than Lisa in "My Sister, My Sitter"

25. Canyonero

26. TV Guide
Old 03-12-01, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Well, it looks like i'll have to answer my own questions. i wonder why i bothered?

What is Old Man's name?> JASPER

Chief Wiggum's wife?> SARA

Ralph's imaginary pet dog?> WIGGLE PUPPY

The female gym coach?> MRS PUMMELHOARSE