Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Do we really want people who get kicked off Survivors turned into celebrities?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Do we really want people who get kicked off Survivors turned into celebrities?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-01, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,262 Likes on 840 Posts
First of all, I don't watch Survivor but it's impossible to be totally immune from it's influence...
I was watching Leno on Monday and Kimmi whatshername pops up... Then I switch to Politically Incorrect and they announce guests on upcoming shows which will include Kimmi whatshername... Brother... How long until we see her in Plaboy? Does the world really need annoying blonde bimbos with the IQ of a fencepost turned into celebrities? I mean, don't we already have plenty of those?
Old 02-27-01, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently, we do.

Old 02-27-01, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by eXcentris
Does the world really need annoying blonde bimbos with the IQ of a fencepost turned into celebrities?
If they're gonna get naked, then yes we do.
Old 02-28-01, 01:05 AM

Why not? I'm sure they'll disappear off the face of the earth when America gets sick of them. They should milk their fame while it lasts.
Old 02-28-01, 07:47 AM

During the superbowl, the cameras made a point of zooming in on richard hatch (the original surviving loser). What kind of commentary can you give to him?

"There is that naked , not even a millionaire after taxes, idiot. What a jerk."
Old 02-28-01, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
15 minutes of fame. Don't sweat it, it'll all soon pass.
Old 02-28-01, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by TaTTooD
Does the world really need annoying blonde bimbos with the IQ of a fencepost turned into celebrities?
Yeah but do they have to talk?
Old 02-28-01, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by TaTTooD
IF anyone was going to get posted in Playboy, surely not Kimmi or Deb or MadDog!

I would root for Elizabeth!!!
Old 02-28-01, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Everyone should get their 15 minutes of fame, so why not? Besides, the way the paparazzi is nowadays, these people deserve everything they get. Better the Survivor people than those morons on Temp. Island.
Old 02-28-01, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really don't care who becomes famous and who doesn't. As Chaucer points out in the House of Fame, fame is fickle thing that doesn't have any true reasons for what makes one person famous and another ordinary.
Old 02-28-01, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When I see these bartenders, river raft guides, etc. reading off cue cards hosting TV shows (Regis, Talk Soup, MTV stuff, etc.) it only proves how easy the job is and how big a crap shoot fame really is. So, yes, it's comforting somehow to know it doesn't really matters who's reading the cue cards. It's like revealing the wizard behind the curtain.
Old 02-28-01, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
I don't even think the winners really qualify as celebrities, but only time will tell, I guess.

I can't stand how all of last year's losers are going around giving color commentary on what's going on this season. What are they going to do when they get to season 10 or so? I can just hear the babble now:

"Well, Chuck from Season 6 thinks that Suzi from Season 4 is wrong about Bob. But that's only because of her predictions that Al from Season 8 wouldn't use that machete (his luzury item) to murder all those poor bastards, making him the winner. Al, of course, stated through his attorney that all the current people would be easier to kill than the ones he did, and that the avenging angel of death would return once again, after the plea bargain goes through."

Old 02-28-01, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by thejammy
IF anyone was going to get posted in Playboy, surely not Kimmi or Deb or MadDog!
I agree. Kimmi is NAAAASTY. I do NOT need to see her nude, with her dirt lines where other people have tan lines!

Originally posted by thejammy
I would root for Elizabeth!!!
Is she the one that wears those stupid head-dresses? She's kinda cute, but everytime I see those things I want to rush up, steal it off her head, and smack her with it, while shouting "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!!"
Old 02-28-01, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well my point is that it could be funny or interesting if we were talking about the guy/girl nextdoor getting his/her moment of fame (like Letterman and the restaurant guy, or the two guys from India) but this is not the case. These people were picked because of their looks and nothing else. In fact it's even worse than the 1st Survivor from the little I've seen. The old guy is now 52 instead of 72, the chicks are better looking and the breast size requirement seems to have gone up one cup size, and the guys are muscular hunks. I say you're off that island, you go back into oblivion where you belong.
Old 03-01-01, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm sick of hearing about them. The winner of the last one has shoved his 15 minutes of fame down our throats for long enough.