DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-29-17, 08:51 PM   #26
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Atypical (Netflix) S: Keir Gilchrist, Jennifer Jason Leigh -- premieres 8/11/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infidel View Post
What plastic surgery has JJL had? To me, she just looks like an older, normally-aged version of the girl from the 80s. Is this alleged surgery documented?
Her boobs looked really good in the show. Don't know if that was what he was referring to?
Old 08-29-17, 09:43 PM   #27
Inane Thread Master

Re: Atypical (Netflix) S: Keir Gilchrist, Jennifer Jason Leigh -- premieres 8/11/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infidel View Post
What plastic surgery has JJL had? To me, she just looks like an older, normally-aged version of the girl from the 80s. Is this alleged surgery documented?
her lips, face. she has definitely had work done...
Old 08-29-17, 10:00 PM   #28
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't notice any plastic surgery on JJL's face. It just looks like natural ageing to me. She's 55 after all.
Old 08-29-17, 10:30 PM   #29
DVD Talk Hero

This wound up being more emotionally satisfying than expected. /nerd comment.

Hope it gets a second season, I'm not the biggest fan of Rappaport but he nailed this role, added a lot of soul to his character.
Old 08-29-17, 11:27 PM   #30
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
I didn't notice any plastic surgery on JJL's face. It just looks like natural ageing to me. She's 55 after all.
I did a general search and her name comes up a lot associated with surgery rumors. Apparently after her divorce, she had some work done, -the guess is some fillers and some treatments for skin damage, -essentially, she got her face "freshened". Nobody suggested anything too drastic.
Old 08-31-17, 11:25 PM   #31
DVD Talk Legend

Something I forgot to comment on... wouldn't it have been easier for Sam to just wear his noise-cancelling headphones to the prom while everyone else could just listen to the music without headphones? Sam wasn't going to listen to music in either scenario anyway, and he's used to wearing headphones to kill noise - seems like the simplest solution to make everyone happy.
Old 09-01-17, 08:28 AM   #32
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Something I forgot to comment on... wouldn't it have been easier for Sam to just wear his noise-cancelling headphones to the prom while everyone else could just listen to the music without headphones? Sam wasn't going to listen to music in either scenario anyway, and he's used to wearing headphones to kill noise - seems like the simplest solution to make everyone happy.
He wouldn't be able to talk to anybody, and there's added risk of the headphones being knocked off -- plus lets face it, noise cancellation only works so well.

Additionally it's supposed to be one of those "inclusive" events, the odd ones out aren't supposed to stand out.
Old 09-02-17, 09:22 AM   #33
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
He wouldn't be able to talk to anybody, and there's added risk of the headphones being knocked off -- plus lets face it, noise cancellation only works so well.
He's not able to talk to anyone now since everyone's wearing headphones. Plus he's not really much of a talker anyway.

Quote:
Additionally it's supposed to be one of those "inclusive" events, the odd ones out aren't supposed to stand out.
I get that, but he's still standing out because while everyone's wearing headphones - he's not.
Old 09-02-17, 09:39 AM   #34
DVD Talk Hero

He actually talks quite a bit, albeit mostly about handjobs and penguins, and in general it's just loud atmospheres which tend to be a negative trigger.
Old 09-13-17, 08:06 PM   #35

Renewed for 10 episode Season 2: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/atyp...ix-1202557894/
Old 09-13-17, 08:12 PM   #36
DVD Talk Hero

Old 09-13-17, 08:12 PM   #37
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Good news! Looking forward to another season. I wonder if he'll get a new therapist?
Old 09-14-17, 12:08 PM   #38

Cool news. We thoroughly enjoyed this one. Very good writing.
Old 09-14-17, 01:10 PM   #39
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
Good news! Looking forward to another season. I wonder if he'll get a new therapist?
I doubt it. They seem to like using her as a comedic character, and now they've added a new complication.