TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Tin Star (Amazon Prime) -- S: Tim Roth, Christina Hendricks

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-17, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Tin Star (Amazon Prime) -- S: Tim Roth, Christina Hendricks

Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bvzbYvZTfV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

“Tin Star” tells the story of Jim Worth, a former London police detective who has moved with his family to the Rocky Mountains to start a new life as a local police chief in an idyllic rural community. When his small town is overrun by migrant workers from a massive new oil refinery, the wave of drugs, prostitution and organized crime that follows them threatens to sweep away everything in its wake.

When Jim makes a stand, his act appears to prompt mysterious assassins to unleash sudden and violent retribution on him and his family; the resulting tragedy irrevocably shattering the peace they had found in this once perfect mountain idyll and transforming their remote sanctuary into a hellish and inescapable prison.

Amazon picked up the rights to this show. It's a 10 episode season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...n-star-1023217

It will also air in the UK on Sky Atlantic.

Amazon has picked up exclusive U.S. streaming rights to Tin Star, the upcoming series starring Tim Roth and Christina Hendricks, and is set to debut the show on Prime Video later this year.

The 10-parter, written and created by Rowan Joffe (28 Weeks Later), was produced by Endemol Shine-owned banner Kudos (Broadchurch, Humans) for the U.K.'s Sky Atlantic.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-29-17 at 02:58 AM.
Old 07-21-17, 07:59 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: Tin Star (Amazon Prime) -- S: Tim Roth, Christina Hendricks

Will check it out. Hendricks continues to find roles on the small screen post MM. Glad to see Roth on TV again - don't think I've seen him since his FOX show Lie to Me ended several years back.
Old 09-03-17, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Amazon Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rfg9sTTwlW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Premieres on Amazon Friday September 29th.

On Friday, September 29, Amazon will premiere all ten episodes of original revenge thriller series Tin Star exclusively on Prime Video in the US. Starring BAFTA award-winner Tim Roth (The Hateful Eight) and Emmy nominated Christina Hendricks (Mad Men), penned by acclaimed screenwriter, Rowan Joffé (28 Weeks Later, The American) and produced by Kudos (The Tunnel: Sabotage, Humans, Broadchurch), Tin Star is a tale of the corruption of innocence, of murder, of grief and of all consuming revenge.

Set in the majestic Canadian Rockies, Tin Star tells the story of Jim Worth (Roth), a former British detective now small town police chief, who brings his family to the tiny, tranquil town of Little Big Bear for a better life. When a vast new oil refinery, fronted by corporate liaison Elizabeth Bradshaw (Hendricks), opens nearby and their new home is flooded with workers looking for drugs, gambling and prostitution, Jim has to work hard to protect his family and the town from organized crime.

Then crime strikes back. And when Jim's family suffers a shocking tragedy, old, dark and dangerous secrets surface. We discover that Jim is not the man we think he is but is in fact 'Jack' - the professional name for his alcoholic alter-ego: a man more unpredictable, more charismatic and infinitely more menacing than Jim.

Part drama, part thriller and part dark comedy, Tin Star is an exhilaratingly smart, breathlessly suspenseful thrill ride of a show as deceit, guilt, love, and all-consuming rage lead inexorably to a gut-wrenching finale.

Tin Star also stars Genevieve O'Reilly (Star Wars, The Honourable Woman), Abigail Lawrie (The Casual Vacancy), Oliver Coopersmith (Dickensian), Christopher Heyerdahl (True Blood, Hell on Wheels), Stephen Walters (Outlander), Ian Puleston-Davies (Marcella), Roark Critchlow (Pretty Little Liars), Sarah Podemski (Cashing In), Ryan Kennedy (Major Crimes) and Kevin Hanchard (Orphan Black).

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...VL8rLUaTe5h.99
Old 09-03-17, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds good. Been far to long since I saw Roth on TV. Really looking forward to this.
Old 09-03-17, 10:40 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

looked real good.
Old 09-29-17, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Bump

This is now available on Amazon Prime.

All 10 episodes for anyone who has time to check it out. I'm going to assume this will be low priority for most since network and cable shows are filling all your DVRs this week.
Old 09-29-17, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd give anything with Tim Roth in it a shot.
Old 09-29-17, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

That description sounds awesome. I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-01-17, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

2 episodes in and I'm not feeling it. I think I'm usually into these Amazon shows by this point. I'll stick with it for a couple of more and hope it grows on me cause I really want to like it.
Old 10-01-17, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Glad to see Roth on TV again - don't think I've seen him since his FOX show Lie to Me ended several years back.
So you didn't watch him on Twin Peaks this summer? Not that he had a big role though...
Old 10-23-17, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm a sucker for murder mystery in a small town type shows like this. It started off pretty good and even got better as it went along. The acting and direction is really good. Although, something that is really starting to bother me in shows like this are the teenagers. Especially the daughters, even if they're smart doing really bone headed things devoid of any logic over boys that don't command any kind of loyalty. It comes off insulting and just bad writing. What happens at the end ruins the entire show for me. I still hope some of you others watch it so we can hopefully hate it together.
Old 10-23-17, 11:04 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
So you didn't watch him on Twin Peaks this summer? Not that he had a big role though...
No - still playing catchup on summer shows. Didn't know he was in TP - good to know.

Sounds like one needs to be in a 'mood' to watch and appreciate this show according to a couple reviews I read here and here.
Old 10-23-17, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by actionjackson29
I'm a sucker for murder mystery in a small town type shows like this. It started off pretty good and even got better as it went along. The acting and direction is really good. Although, something that is really starting to bother me in shows like this are the teenagers. Especially the daughters, even if they're smart doing really bone headed things devoid of any logic over boys that don't command any kind of loyalty. It comes off insulting and just bad writing. What happens at the end ruins the entire show for me. I still hope some of you others watch it so we can hopefully hate it together.

Probably never going to watch but super curious, can you put in spoiler tags what it is about the end that wrecked your enjoyment of the series? Many thanks in advance,

Also, you have a great user name...Carl Weathers, Vanity, Craig T. Nelson, such a fun film.
Old 10-25-17, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
Probably never going to watch but super curious, can you put in spoiler tags what it is about the end that wrecked your enjoyment of the series? Many thanks in advance,

Also, you have a great user name...Carl Weathers, Vanity, Craig T. Nelson, such a fun film.
Spoiler:
In the beginning of the show they introduce the bad guys and one is a young good looking guy. No matter how crazy they show him to be I know from these type of shows the daughter is going to be interested. After manipulating her the entire series he confesses who he really is and that he is the person who shot her 5 year old brother. She defends the killer against her own parents because she loves him. After her father kills him she shoots her father, cut to black.
Old 10-25-17, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Tin Star is one of the most awful fucking shows I have ever watched. I should have bailed after a couple of episodes, but I thought it would pick up once the revenge story kicked in. Wrong.

There is not a single likable character on the show. I have a hard time watching when I hate everyone and do not care what happens to them. Depressing, stupid shit is what this is. Really slow and boring also.
Old 10-25-17, 10:47 AM

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Spoiler:
In the beginning of the show they introduce the bad guys and one is a young good looking guy. No matter how crazy they show him to be I know from these type of shows the daughter is going to be interested. After manipulating her the entire series he confesses who he really is and that he is the person who shot her 5 year old brother. She defends the killer against her own parents because she loves him. After her father kills him she shoots her father, cut to black.
Thank you...yeah, talk about a downer.
Old 11-16-17, 02:36 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Well, I just finished this, and couldn't agree more. The series builds and builds to the big reveal, which is fantastically complex, and then absolutely destroys it all with that ending. Absolutely horrendous. I want to forget I ever watched this.
Old 03-08-19, 07:19 AM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hxeW_BqMQ3A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tim Roth is back in Season 2 of the epic thriller, Tin Star. This season picks up where we left our unlikely hero, cut off in the remote Rockies wilderness with his grieving and shell-shocked family struggling to come to terms with their ordeal.

March 8, 2019
Old 03-08-19, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 392 Likes on 280 Posts

really surprised this is back for the second season. Remember mostly enjoying this until the shitty ending of season 1 then it got really stupid.
Old 03-08-19, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Definitely surprised on the renewal of this. This show is an under-appreciated gem and I loved the first season. Roth is amazing in it.

Last edited by Dan1boy; 03-08-19 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-09-19, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yikes, I was thinking of giving this series a try this weekend, but after reading the reviews here I guess I'll give it a pass.
Old 03-20-19, 03:49 PM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

Renewed for a 6 episode final season:
https://www.thewrap.com/tin-star-ren...-final-season/
Old 03-20-19, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

anyone here watch this season yet? Im too busy with GOT - first time re-watching the series in full and I started too late to get thru it before mid April I fear. Mixed feelings on revisiting this one...
Old 06-08-21, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tin Star season 3

Hi, has anyone any info if there are any plans or date that Tin Star season 3 will be available in the US for viewing. It’s been out in Europe but can’t find any info as to when or if I’ll be able to see it here.
Old 06-08-21, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Tin Star season 3

had no idea they did a third season. It's not showing up on Amazon?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.