Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Ghost Wars (SyFy) - S: Vincent D'Onofrio, Kim Coates - From the creator of Continuum

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ghost Wars (SyFy) - S: Vincent D'Onofrio, Kim Coates - From the creator of Continuum

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-17, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-coates-999871

Syfy Lands 'Ghost Wars' Drama Starring Vincent D'Onofrio, Kim Coates

The drama hails from showrunner Simon Barry and Nomadic Pictures.
Syfy is adding another acquisition to its scripted offerings.

The NBCUniversal-owned cable network has acquired 13-episode drama series Ghost Wars from Nomadic Pictures, with Simon Barry (Van Helsing) as showrunner and starring Vincent D'Onofrio and Kim Coates.

The drama, set in an Alaskan town overrun by paranormal forces, will premiere in the U.S. on Syfy and elsewhere globally on Netflix.

Ghost Wars is created by Barry, who expands his relationship with Syfy following Continuum and fellow acquisition Van Helsing. Production on the drama started May 1 in Vancouver. The series revolves around local outcast Roman Mercer (Avan Jogia, Tut) who must overcome the town’s prejudices and his personal demons if he’s to harness his repressed psychic powers and save everyone from the mass haunting that’s threatening to destroy them all. D’Onofrio (Daredevil), Coates(Sons of Anarchy), Kristin Lehman (Motive) and Meatloaf (Fight Club) star. David Von Ancken(Tut), who previously worked with Nomadic on AMC's Hell on Wheels will direct.

"Ghost Wars is not just a contemporary homage to classic psychological horror, it’s also an opportunity to tell stories about human politics and how we shape our beliefs and lives based on our individual perspectives and biases,” Barry said in a release announcing the news Wednesday. “Science, humanism, religion and the paranormal all get a seat at the table. I’m grateful that [Nomadic co-chairmen] Chad Oakes and Mike Frislev have assembled such a wealth of talent, both in front of and behind the camera, to hopefully elevate this genre series beyond expectations."

Ghost Wars is executive produced by Nomadic's Oakes and Frislev, Barry, Dennis Heaton(Motive) and Von Ancken. Nomadic Pictures will distribute the series within Canada, the U.S. and the rest of the world.

The series is an extension of Syfy's deal with Nomadic that also includes Van Helsing. Ghost Wars joins a roster of acquisitions at Syfy featuring Van Helsing, Wynonna Earp as well as originals The Magicians, Dark Matter, Killjoys and Z Nation.

Filming just started this week. I'm guessing SyFy will probably air this in October since it works perfectly with their 31 days of Halloween.
Old 07-22-17, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Ghost Wars (SyFy) - S: Vincent D'Onofrio, Kim Coates - From the creator of Contin

1st trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ikgcLY5AswM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-23-17, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts
Re: Ghost Wars (SyFy) - S: Vincent D'Onofrio, Kim Coates - From the creator of Contin

That actually looks pretty damned good. Will have to watch out for this.
Old 07-23-17, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought that was a lot of cliched bullshit, and that kid actor in the first part of the trailer was dreadful. Which is too bad, because I love D'Onofrio and really enjoyed Continuum. Reviews are going to have to be glowing for me to check this out.
Old 07-23-17, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Kids? Oh no. I can't think of a single genre series that wasn't severely harmed by child characters. Cue up The Walking Dead and The Strain for current examples. I don't understand why the producers of these shows are so hot for having children on the show.