TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 19 Season Thread Premieres June 28th

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-17, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 213 Likes on 189 Posts
Re: Big Brother 19 Season Thread Premieres June 28th

Originally Posted by GuessWho
He's good for a while. The "fan vote" will determine who goes in the temptation room and gets the "safe for 3 weeks" necklace. NO WAY Paul's not winning that poll. By the time it expires he'll have been there a month and potentially blended in more with the cast (vs being "that veteran guy")
Spoiler:
And, as predicted, Paul's got the necklace.

We probably need to start the other thread that includes spoilers unless nobody cares.
Old 07-01-17, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a Big Brother After Dark this year?
Old 07-01-17, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Yes, started a couple nights ago. POP TV channel like last year.
Old 07-01-17, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What really happened about that surprising development (ie: it's not about racism or pandas)

Spoiler:
Megan Lowder: I quit 'Big Brother' after show triggered PTSD from sexual assault
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...how/445582001/
Old 07-02-17, 11:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi, I'm Ramses. I'd like you to meet my brothers, Trojan and Durex!
Old 07-02-17, 11:51 PM

Not really liking the Den of Temptation Producer Manipulation.

They had to know America would vote Paul first so they have now given him a free ride for 4 votes (the first one thanks to the dumb friendship bracelet thing). Also with Cody's primary target self-evicting, him getting backdoored was a possibility. I do like the twist that the person that takes the temptation is not known, or in this case unless it is used.

They certainly put some crazies or potential crazies on this year.
Old 07-03-17, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

First impressions I thought I was going to hate Kevin. After watching a little After Dark, surprise surprise he's my favorite hg. He's funny as shit with the random stuff he says and just the way he talks in general. He doesn't seem to know anything about Big Brother, but it's hard to tell if that's part of his game until we see his diary room footage. It seems like everyone in the house likes him, so I think he'll be around a long time.

Spoilers regarding the veto competition and ceremony:

Spoiler:
Alex won the veto and used it on herself. Cody chose Paul as a replacement and he used his pendant, so Cody chose Christmas as his next replacement nominee.

Cody has had to nominate 5 people (1 person is gone) in the first week that will leave 3 of those people in the house after eviction night. Not a good way to start the game. He's not going to get the votes for any of the temptations, so I don't see him being long for this game. And that's all fine by me...can't stand the guy.
Old 07-03-17, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A new development...

Spoiler:
Christmas has been rushed to the hospital, she may have broken her foot. The big problem would be participating in physical comps, but I would think otherwise she could stay.

Update:

Christmas is back from the hospital. She has torn ligaments and will need a MRI on Wednesday. No specifics about her future in the game.

Last edited by DWilson; 07-03-17 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-06-17, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Cody is screwed! We're only a week in and he's already had to nominate like a third of the house.
Old 07-06-17, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Yeah Cody is wrecked at this point.
Old 07-06-17, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

According to Jokers, Elena gave Mark an old-fashioned last night.

Is that the season's first instance of sexual contact?

Cody and Jessica might have done something, but she clings to him 24/7 like a parasite so it's hard to tell.
Old 07-06-17, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I read that Cody got it in over the weekend
Old 07-07-17, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Christmas is saved!

Old 07-07-17, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Following the HOH competition things in the house sort of blew up. Cody and/or Jessica threw some harsh accusations at Josh and it almost got physical (though I don't know who was the aggressor). Josh is doing his usual thing, sobbing and crying and repeatedly saying he's not a bad person (the sort of thing that makes you wonder about his psych test for the show). Last Thursday everyone was avoiding Josh because of this behavior, but now they're all defending him because they're mad at Cody.

About 1am Central, Jessica threatened to DOR because she's upset and angry and ripped off her microphone. Cody and the producers tried to get her to calm down. After Dark pointedly cut away from this to show a lengthy scene of pie-eating in the kitchen, though you could hear the producers repeatedly telling Jessica to put on her microphone.
Old 07-07-17, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

^ That sucks. Haven't watched ladt night's After Dark yet as I'm a little behind, but they won't show anything interesting since it moved over to POP.

If they were running AD like they do now years ago, they would have cut to fish during Chima's meltdown after Jessie got coup d'etated by Jeff.
Old 07-07-17, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the first season ever my wife and I decided to pass on since the series started and it sounds more exciting than the past couple seasons already

Is there some type of YouTube channel or something that has a weekly hour summary of what happens during the week instead of watching 3 to 4 hour long episodes each week?
Old 07-07-17, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Wait is this the after dark/spoiler thread now or did I miss an ep?
Old 07-09-17, 11:06 PM

So Paul's temptation - safe for basically 1/4 of the season. Next temptation - get to compete in a veto competition? Seems completely proportional.

Paul's initial master strategy was to put up Matt and Raven? And if Cody or Jessica won the POV and said "nominations look good"... then what? He had to have the stupidity of this pointed out to him?

Cody looks nuts, they better hope he's backdoor'd this week. If he and Josh are in the house for an extended period of time one of them (or both) will snap.
Old 07-10-17, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
So Paul's temptation - safe for basically 1/4 of the season. Next temptation - get to compete in a veto competition? Seems completely proportional.
The "game" portion of the show has basically joined the diary room interviews and become scripted television. Frankly I don't know how it doesn't fall into some sort of FCC violation ala the old $64,000 Question scandal. It is allegedly a contest, but the rules are quite blatantly changed and contestants manipulated based on the whims of production to favor particular contestants and outcomes.
Old 07-10-17, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Yep, this den of temptation just literally saved Paul and will likely knock out Cody this week. Course of the season is completely altered and will be the Paul show all summer. Which is a shame because this season started off promising and the cast seemed better and hotter than normal.
Old 07-10-17, 09:50 PM

^ Definitely looked like a pretty open field and looked like a potentially good season. I get giving him immunity with the first vote with the silly bracelet thing, because he almost certainly would have gone home if he didn't win. That should have been enough.

Also heard on a podcast (I don't have the live feeds) where apparently Paul was heading to the DR multiple times, and there was speculation about whether he was fed info on Ramses curse as apparently he changed his nominees right after a DR visit.

Also not clear how he found out who won the 25K temptation.
Old 07-10-17, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Maybe I missed something, but why in the world would anyone not take the temptation when the only negative effect is to other people in the house, and hey sometimes you can choose who gets screwed? Even when you can't chose who gets screwed you take it because the very first one was three weeks of immunity.
Old 07-11-17, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There's a Friday, July 21 episode scheduled. Likely a Battle Back special like last year since Cameron and Jillian have been sequestered since being eliminated.

Cody will win his way back in and drama shall return.
Old 07-11-17, 02:57 PM

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
^ Definitely looked like a pretty open field and looked like a potentially good season. I get giving him immunity with the first vote with the silly bracelet thing, because he almost certainly would have gone home if he didn't win. That should have been enough.

Also heard on a podcast (I don't have the live feeds) where apparently Paul was heading to the DR multiple times, and there was speculation about whether he was fed info on Ramses curse as apparently he changed his nominees right after a DR visit.

Also not clear how he found out who won the 25K temptation.
It was basically more the DR talked him out of the Raven/guy in his alliance nom which he was absolutely gonna do until a magical change of mind after time in the DR.
Old 07-11-17, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
Maybe I missed something, but why in the world would anyone not take the temptation when the only negative effect is to other people in the house, and hey sometimes you can choose who gets screwed? Even when you can't chose who gets screwed you take it because the very first one was three weeks of immunity.
There is no reason not to, unless the temptation is useless, and if it's useless than it's not really a temptation. Making it appear like a difficult choice is probably to keep up appearances on them not openly manipulating the game (which they are anyway). Paul was deliberating over things as if it was actually a tough decision, which I assume he was asked to do.

I think it's a matter of time before a producer non-fav wins the vote and they get a crappy temptation with minimal value followed by some serious curse to burn them in the house.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.