Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge XXX: Dirty Thirty (MTV) -- Premieres 7-18-17

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-17, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Challenge XXX: Dirty Thirty (MTV) -- Premieres 7-18-17

I'm still not sure what went down at the Redemption House. Why weren't the cameras there?
Old 07-28-17, 08:53 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by boogieman03
I'm still not sure what went down at the Redemption House. Why weren't the cameras there?
They said there wasn't enough room for them.
Old 07-28-17, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

That whole Simone/Shane thing seemed weird, especially the cut and explanation of what happened. Also, Simone getting butt hurt because no one wanted to grease her hair? Gross.
Old 07-30-17, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah I wonder what really happened there, I did like when the one person said the names of everyone there for the incident, it was everyone but Darrell. I feel so bad for Darrell being stuck in that house with that motley crew.
Old 07-30-17, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by mh4268
Yeah I wonder what really happened there, I did like when the one person said the names of everyone there for the incident, it was everyone but Darrell. I feel so bad for Darrell being stuck in that house with that motley crew.
Haha. I said the same thing to my wife when we watched it last night. He's the only adult in the room.
Old 07-30-17, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
They said there wasn't enough room for them.
But they can have cameras installed to film the beach away from the house in an off limits area? I think they didn't want to show a guy getting physical to a women.
Old 08-02-17, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

Wow that was a good female elimination challenge! Britni is tiny, but she pulled it out. It's great to have CT back on the show regularly. He was leveling guys in the hallway challenge. Kailah is lucky she's semi-good looking, because it was an incredibly dumb move to pick Derrick over CT.
Old 08-02-17, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah CT is the number 1 draft pick in ANY challenge close to the one last night. I mean the guy pretty much held his own against a NFL linebacker in Champs V Pros.
Old 08-02-17, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm sure every viewer and every contestant was shocked she didn't pick CT. That's such a no brainer.

I think we all complained about this last year, but I really wish they just did challenge + elimination in a single episode. Ugh.
Old 08-03-17, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
That whole Simone/Shane thing seemed weird, especially the cut and explanation of what happened. Also, Simone getting butt hurt because no one wanted to grease her hair? Gross.
Apparently Simone posted on the social media after the episode saying that the fight had nothing to do with the grease thing (which is, indeed, gross). She says that she was discussing race with Devin and how MTV deals with it. This caused a drunken Shane to flip out and hit Simone. Who, in turn, scratched up his arms and went after him with the broken champagne bottle.

Spoiler for size:

Spoiler:

Just an awful situation.
Old 08-03-17, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Kayleigh is an idiot for choosing the worst team possible. They should send her into the elimination solely for screwing up that badly.

I like the set up for elimination this season. At least initially, it seems that it's easy to finish in the bottom 3 and have to risk going into elimination.
Old 08-03-17, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Shane should never be allowed on the show again. It sounds like he has major alcohol problems if he has to use a breathalyzer to start his car. Simone said he drank a whole bottle Robitussin, a bottle of wine with LaToya, and had drinks on the roof too. I don't know how he was even able to stand after all that.
Old 08-03-17, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

That's interesting, disappointing that MTV decided to cut it that way.
Old 08-09-17, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow! Really good elimination challenges so far this season. Was that the first head to head elimination challenge Jenna has lost? I know she went out on the Sudoku challenge last year, but that was a challenge where the last two finishers went home. It's been a pretty good season so far.
Old 08-09-17, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know I was trying to give Tony the benefit of the doubt last season, but I'm getting tired of people bringing up his kids to support as though he's the only one.
Old 08-09-17, 02:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice move by Jemmie. Dirty considering that Jenna saved her in the first challenge.
I think the reactions from the rest of the crow really sold it.
Old 08-09-17, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

My dream matchup happened: Tony and Ammo...two of the vilest humans in the Challenge universe battling it out guaranteeing one was leaving. Best part though was earlier in the episode with Cara correctly pointing out that Tony doesn't deserve sympathy just because he is too stupid to figure out how to operate a condom. And even his crazy retard strength can't save him in challenges. Good riddance. (yes, I know he is only going to the redemption house)
Old 08-10-17, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Nice move by Jemmie. Dirty considering that Jenna saved her in the first challenge.
I think the reactions from the rest of the crow really sold it.
That was great. Huge power move by Jemmeye. Everyone wanted her to do it but most of them wouldn't have had the guts to go through with it. Ice cold.

Which brings me to Nelson, the biggest wimp ever. You have Bananas and Derrick there to throw in. Then you have Jordan who is a strong competitor but wouldn't do very well in a challenge where you need to grip something. But instead he goes Tony and says it was Ammo's choice? What a wimp. You could tell he wanted no part of that double cross. He was shook as soon as he picked it up.

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
My dream matchup happened: Tony and Ammo...two of the vilest humans in the Challenge universe battling it out guaranteeing one was leaving.
I get the Tony hate, but why Ammo? I didn't see his season of RW or AYTO (whatever show he was on). But he seems like a fine person. I liked him calling out Nelson for the Tony pick.
Old 08-10-17, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I get the Tony hate, but why Ammo? I didn't see his season of RW or AYTO (whatever show he was on). But he seems like a fine person. I liked him calling out Nelson for the Tony pick.
It is based entirely off his "performance" during his season of RW. He is an appalling human being.
Old 08-10-17, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I will be glad when Ammo is gone too. He's a terrible person. That whole season of The Real World was full of horrible miscreants.
Old 08-13-17, 07:09 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

He has people calling him 'Ammo', that's reason enough.
When he was on RW, he did some shit to one of his castmates. I forget details but it had something to do with making one of the girls look racist by spreading rumors on the net.
He's also one of those in your face bisexuals or pansexuals or whatever it is he calls himself. He needs everyone to know his sexual preferences.
Guy comes on the Challenge, dresses like a teenage hooker & wonders why the others don't think he's a strong competitor.
Old 08-17-17, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah, I didn't realize Ammo was such a dick in RW season. Reminds me of Nia, who was the absolute worst human on her RW season but seemed a little toned down when she did her Challenge season. Still a horrible person.

It's a real bummer to see Darrell go home. He's an all time favorite and he lost a coin flip elimination challenge. Meanwhile, Jenna is a beast. She's the female equivalent of the handsome, dumb, jock stereotype. I'm happy to see Amanda go home too, she's awful to listen to.

I've come full circle with the Tony and his kids thing. At first I thought it was nice for him to be so dedicated but once it was obvious that he's still a huge fuck up I started to get annoyed with how often he brought it up. But I admit that I cracked up when they showed him with his two girls while him and Darrell were falling into the water. They need to play that up for laughs even more because, let's be honest, Tony doing this for his kids is a joke.
Old 08-17-17, 09:36 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Jenna is one of the greats. People can say she is stupid or whatever... but pretty much whenever it comes time to perform, she puts her head down and does what she needs to do. She doesn't really complain and never seems that malicious.
Old 08-17-17, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The Redemption stuff seemed lackluster to me, and the actual challenge felt kind of crappy and took too long.

I kind of feel bad for Kailah, its not like the other girls hate her or she's done anything particularly wrong or bad, but she just seems to end up being a target.
Old 08-17-17, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ah, I didn't realize Ammo was such a dick in RW season. Reminds me of Nia, who was the absolute worst human on her RW season but seemed a little toned down when she did her Challenge season. Still a horrible person.
Nia was toned down until she sexually assaulted Jordan and was banned from The Challenge.

Originally Posted by dex14
Jenna is one of the greats. People can say she is stupid or whatever... but pretty much whenever it comes time to perform, she puts her head down and does what she needs to do. She doesn't really complain and never seems that malicious.
I love Jenna. She's one of my all-time favorites. Great looking and she kicks ass in Challenges. She also has a really good attitude (unless it's a puzzle or eating challenge).

I thought they really drug this episode out though. It seemed like there was a commercial break every five minutes. Do they have more episodes this season? It seems like they were trying to make this a filler episode. They could easily have fit the Redemption Challenge in in 30 mins and then have another challenge at the end of the episode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.