Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gotham (S3E21/E22) -- "Heroes Rise: Destiny Calling/Heavydirtysoul" -- 6/5/17

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-17, 08:53 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Gotham (S3E21/E22) -- "Heroes Rise: Destiny Calling/Heavydirtysoul" -- 6/5/17

could only hurt
Old 06-12-17, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Re: Gotham (S3E21/E22) -- "Heroes Rise: Destiny Calling/Heavydirtysoul" -- 6/5/17

I was happier with this season of Gotham than Berlanti's DC shows on the CW. This show has better writing and captures the feel of Batman's comic book world fairly well.

This is a very cool rendition of the Riddler, I hope he isn't on ice all next season. I loved the nod to Catwoman's whip.

I'm not sure how I feel about Butch getting turned into Solomon Grundy. That's a character without a lot of depth as a villain. He's usually mindless muscle that rarely speaks.
Old 06-12-17, 03:30 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I'm not sure how I feel about Butch getting turned into Solomon Grundy. That's a character without a lot of depth as a villain. He's usually mindless muscle that rarely speaks.

Except when he's not. Every time Grundy gets "killed" doesn't he come back different? Mostly mindless, but occasionally intelligent, sometimes even caring (Starman).
Old 06-13-17, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It will be interesting to see how they handle Grundy.
Old 06-13-17, 05:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Not surprising Jim was able to withstand the virus so well since he was already a murdering rage-aholic.

I'm guessing if Bruce holds his moms real pearl necklace he'll return to normal. Or at least what passes for normal when it comes to Bruce Wayne.
Old 07-10-17, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Finally finished season 3 last night.

Had 5 episodes waiting to be watched since I went on vacation a month ago and then powered through all of them (stayed up until 2am)

With the exception of Fish Mooney coming back, I thought season 3 was a pretty strong season. It did go into some pretty dark directions, especially with Lee and the virus. Plus some characters moved forward like Edward Nygma embracing his Riddler persona. He was probably one of the big highlights of the 2nd half of season 3.

Glad they wrote out Lee. I know Morena Baccarin and McKenzie are now married in real life, but I think the character was holding back Gordon big time. I didn't mind her at first as Jim's love interest, but once Jim broke it off with her and she married the mobsters son, things went downhill with her fast. In the back half of this season, they made Lee into a raving bitch after Jim killed her husband.

They pretty much wrapped everything up and are leaving things for a fresh new start next season, which I like. Fish is dead and it looks like crazy ass Barbara Kean is dead (I hope). Looks like Selina is showing some pre-Catwoman tendencies. I kind of liked the end when Bruce ventured out as a pre-Batman vigilante in the final scene. It did have a very series finale like wrap-up. I guess they wanted to leave things closed ended in case it didn't come back.

Bruce is still a long way from becoming Batman though. The actor is only 16. And Jim is still a detective and single now. Still a really long way from becoming Commissioner Gordon.
Old 09-01-17, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Tony Award-winning “Fringe” and “The Tick” actor Michael Cerveris has been set to play DC Comics baddie Professor Pyg in the upcoming fourth season of FOX’s “Gotham”.

In comic book lore, Pyg aka Lazlo Valentin is a porcine mask-wearing, schizophrenic surgeon whose victims he affixed with doll-like masks The show’s executive producer Danny Cannon confirmed the news to TV Line, saying Cerveris will have a multi-episode arc in the series.

Cannon also revealed that the series, which hasn’t been afraid to take dark turns in recent years in terms of onscreen violence and adult themes, actually got one of the first pushbacks they’ve received from the network – they made The Scarecrow TOO scary:

“When the studio asks you to tone back because it’s too scary, you know you’ve done something right.” “Gotham” returns to screens on September 21st.
Old 09-01-17, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Gotham season three's Blu-ray set skimps out on special features:

http://doblu.com/2017/08/30/gotham-t...lu-ray-review/

I noticed the featurettes this year didn't even bother to interview cast members.
Old 09-01-17, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I'm a tad interested to go back to watching this with Bruce now actually starting the path to becoming Batman more. Is the show worth the time for the three seasons it's been on so far or not? I only watched the first few and it didn't hook me at the time but might try again.
Old 09-02-17, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mike86
I'm a tad interested to go back to watching this with Bruce now actually starting the path to becoming Batman more. Is the show worth the time for the three seasons it's been on so far or not? I only watched the first few and it didn't hook me at the time but might try again.
Bruce is the weakest character on the show. Gotham is really about showing the rise of Batman's villains before he arrives. They've done some interesting things with villains like the Penguin and Riddler. The tone is a lot different than the CW formula seen on Berlanti's Flash/Arrow/Supergirl shows. Gotham definitely aims at an older audience.
Old 09-03-17, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Bruce is the weakest character on the show. Gotham is really about showing the rise of Batman's villains before he arrives. They've done some interesting things with villains like the Penguin and Riddler. The tone is a lot different than the CW formula seen on Berlanti's Flash/Arrow/Supergirl shows. Gotham definitely aims at an older audience.
Now that everything is established, I wouldn't have minded Bruce Wayne disappearing for a season or two altogether. Gordon and the rest carry the show anyhow. The final season arc could be his return for a Batman Year One type storyline.