I was thinking the same thing recently, only using as my reference
Spoiler:
Hogwarts' Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers changing every year
Old 05-24-17, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
Re: The Flash (S3E23) -- Season Finale -- "Finish Line" -- 5/23/17

Originally Posted by Flatlander
Let me preface this with anytime you get into time travel discussions it never ends well but to come to terms with Wally still having his powers is that all these events already happened so even though Savitar was destroyed, the previous actions did happen. That is as far as I will analyze.
That's pretty much how the show handles it. I think they have established that the past is the past and actions today can only affect future events and not undo past events. The past is only undone by going back into the past.
Old 05-24-17, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Let me preface this with anytime you get into time travel discussions it never ends well but to come to terms with Wally still having his powers is that all these events already happened so even though Savitar was destroyed, the previous actions did happen. That is as far as I will analyze.
Yet when Barry had the memory issues Wally lost his speed. It's still one of my favorite shows no matter how messed up their time travel is.

Last edited by Xiroteus; 05-24-17 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-24-17, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Barry. His name is Barry.
Old 05-24-17, 08:47 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Barry. His name is Barry.
What? Somebody had to start Motown.
Old 05-25-17, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Disappointed that Jay is freed from the Speed Force and all he does is stand around dumbfounded.

Nice seeing Michelle Harrison again.
Like the way she delivers the line "Thats my beautiful boy" line.
I think Ollie's Mom utter the same line on ARROW tonight.
Old 05-25-17, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought it was a good finale. Savitar turned out to be a somewhat underwhelming villain for the season but the final episode does set up some interesting ways that season four could go. Hopefully we get Jay as The Flash next season and not Wally. I also wouldn't mind of Kaitlin went to be part of The Legends.

Overall I would give this season a B+. Not as good as season one or two but still entertaining.
Old 05-25-17, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
I think that was a beautiful piece of character arc'ing by the writing staff. I couldn't stand him when first introduced, and by the end I was actually pretty sad. Great performance and writing all around for him.
Yeah, Tom Cavanagh has been this show's secret weapon.
Speaking of which, where are the Ed DVDs!
Old 05-25-17, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So which comes first next season - Barry gets out or we get a new HR from Earth N+1?
Old 05-25-17, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally it's not as much as I completely hated HR at the end. It's just that I would rather have the Earth 2 Wells back (assuming they would never have Cavanagh play both characters again for more than that one-off episode).
Old 05-25-17, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

The producers have supposedly promised the big villain next season won't be a speedster.

I had suspicions early in the season that HR would be revealed to actually be Abra Kadabra. I wonder if they had other plans for HR at some point.
Old 05-25-17, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Oh, I forgot to mention that Barry's vibrating jump into the Savitar suit and kicking bad Barry out was pretty badass.
Old 05-25-17, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

That was a damn good finale. I loved the 'twist' of trying to help Savitar instead of kill/trap him. That's Team Flash/Barry thinking outside the box. Of course it backfired, but I liked it. It made for a good couple of scenes.

I'm not gonna lie, I almost teared up at the end. Despite reading Flashpoint last summer, I still didn't see that coming. Compared to it's comic counterpart, this Flashpoint kinda fell short, but the end more than made up for it.

HR grew on me as well. Kudos to the writers and Cavanagh for pulling off a hat trick with the one-note character that we started the season with.

I also like where they left Caitlin/Frost. Somewhere in the middle. Leaves a lot of room for her to go either way on the good guy/bad guy spectrum.

So the other big question, all of STAR Labs prisoners are now free, right? Team Kid Flash has some work to do.

"Whatever happened, happened." Wasn't that the Lost mantra? That's how I treat time travel paradoxes anymore. Savitar was created, went back in time and became the first speedster. Lived again, created Alchemy & Kid Flash. Caitlin became Frost along the way. All that happened. From the point of his death, the past doesn't change, but future is different.

The only thing that doesn't fly is the "speedforce needs a speedster" element which everyone else has touched upon. So how long was Savitar in there? He was in it, then Wally, then Jay. Did Zoom/Black Flash count as a the resident occupent during the intermittend times the others weren't in there? Since Caitlin killed him (that was pretty weak, btw), he left the speedforce empty.

Originally Posted by robin2099
Hopefully we get Jay as The Flash next season and not Wally.
I'm not a comic guru, but IIRC, after Barry was trapped in the speedforce in the comic Flashpoint, wally/Kid Flash took on Barry's role as the Flash. I think comic Barry was MIA for 25+ real life years, which is fucking crazy to think. So I'm going to guess that there's no time jump, and we'll get 3-5 episodes without Barry starting next season. Wally will take up the mantle in those episodes. We'll probably see more of Jesse Quick helping clean up too.

Originally Posted by Deftones
Oh, I forgot to mention that Barry's vibrating jump into the Savitar suit and kicking bad Barry out was pretty badass.
That was badass and up there with the Supergirl/Superman fight.
Old 05-25-17, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I'm not a comic guru, but IIRC, after Barry was trapped in the speedforce in the comic Flashpoint, wally/Kid Flash took on Barry's role as the Flash. I think comic Barry was MIA for 25+ real life years, which is fucking crazy to think. So I'm going to guess that there's no time jump, and we'll get 3-5 episodes without Barry starting next season. Wally will take up the mantle in those episodes. We'll probably see more of Jesse Quick helping clean up too.
I think what you're referring to is Crisis on Infinite Earths.
Spoiler:
Barry was killed during a battle with the series' antagonist, Anti-Monitor, which allowed Wally to take the Flash mantle. When Barry came back during Final Crisis (in 2008), it was retconned to him being trapped in the speedforce instead of being dead.
Old 05-25-17, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

D'oh. You're right. I read both last summer. Mixed them up.
Old 05-26-17, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not a comic guru, but IIRC, after Barry was trapped in the speedforce in the comic Flashpoint, wally/Kid Flash took on Barry's role as the Flash. I think comic Barry was MIA for 25+ real life years, which is fucking crazy to think. So I'm going to guess that there's no time jump, and we'll get 3-5 episodes without Barry starting next season. Wally will take up the mantle in those episodes. We'll probably see more of Jesse Quick helping clean up too
Yeah I figured we would get Wally while Barry is gone. I'm just hoping for Jay since Jay is such a great character and I would really love an episode focused around him and what he's like as Flash. Besides I won't lie every time Shipp is in that costume I have a big ass grin on my face.
Old 05-26-17, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by will travel
Disappointed that Jay is freed from the Speed Force and all he does is stand around dumbfounded.

Nice seeing Michelle Harrison again.
Like the way she delivers the line "Thats my beautiful boy" line.
I think Ollie's Mom utter the same line on ARROW tonight.
Did Rhea say the same line to Mon-El?
Old 08-16-17, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk God

In an interview with CBR, Tom Cavanaugh stated, to no one’s surprise at this point, that more alternate universe iterations of Harrison Wells are in the cards for season four:

And so this year, we’ve had a different villain and so I think there’s going to be areas that we could use a different Wells. We’re going to start with Harry and then find a way, I think, to try and get a different version of Wells in there, be it some version of Harry or whatnot as the season’s gaps present themselves.