Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Game Changers (S34E13) -- "Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow" -- 5/17/17

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-17, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Re: Survivor: Game Changers (S34E13) -- "Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow" -- 5/17/17

Michaela's trying to convince Culpepper to get fish was hilarious.

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Sadly, Troy may have forgotten about it, too.
In a rare moment of screen time, Troyzan mentioned his idol after the second challenge.
Old 05-19-17, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Re: Survivor: Game Changers (S34E13) -- "Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow" -- 5/17/17

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
what would have happened if Tai had this vote stolen, everyone votes for Tai, then Tai plays an idol?
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Probst would have self-destructed like a fembot in an Austin Power movie.
I think it would've gone something like this:

Old 05-19-17, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
I'm still not clear what the hell she was trying to pull with that advantage. She seems to be getting the winner's edit which is annoying.
My understanding is that Cirie wanted to show Sarah exactly where everyone's votes were going, which would have included against Sarah, in order to prove to Sarah that Cirie had been telling her the truth about what she'd said earlier, that Sarah disbelieved. Though one or more people might have switched their vote away from Sarah, if Cirie had been able to use the idol.
Old 05-19-17, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
We could have Tai play an idol, Troyzan play an idol, Culpepper win immunity, Sara leverage her advantage (presumably be safe) and Aubrey play Tai's other idol... Cirie would go out by default with no vote needed
Originally Posted by hdnmickey
That would be awesome.
This would be great, except I'm sure that Probst would immediately introduce a do-over twist to save her.

Originally Posted by davidh777
Michaela's trying to convince Culpepper to get fish was hilarious.
I had forgotten about this. It was very funny. Subtlety is certainly not her strength.
Old 05-20-17, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Do people who votes for them as they join tribal council? Does Sierra know Sarah backstabbed her? I don't get the Michaela vote, that came out of nowhere.
Old 05-20-17, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

The only way jury members know who voted for them is by what's revealed by other players. Which may or may not be correct. Sometimes players don't really find out what was going on until the episode airs on tv.

You're not alone in not seeing the context of the Michaela vote. As commented on, this last episode was not put together in a way that made complete sense to the tv viewers.
Old 05-25-17, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts

We could have Tai play an idol, Troyzan play an idol, Culpepper win immunity, Sara leverage her advantage (presumably be safe) and Aubrey play Tai's other idol... Cirie would go out by default with no vote needed
I'm watching last night's finale now and just saw the first elimination.

I can't believe my crazy idea came true. I'm in shock. OK--time to un-pause and finish watching!
Old 05-26-17, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm watching last night's finale now and just saw the first elimination.

I can't believe my crazy idea came true. I'm in shock. OK--time to un-pause and finish watching!
You were the first to post it, but it was pretty likely it was going to become true given at most (all?) of them couldn't be used after that vote. But even if one could have been used at the next tribal, the holder would have been stupid to make themselves vulnerable next to Cerie.
Old 05-26-17, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts

They could've been used one more tribal... Jeff asked if anyone had one, now is the time to play it. The legacy advantage needed to be final six but the three standard idols could've waited another council.