Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Champs vs. Pros (MTV) -- premieres 5/16/17

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-17, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Champs vs. Pros (MTV) -- premieres 5/16/17

My DVR screwed up last night and it didn't record this episode. MTV will shows crazy amounts of repeats the entire week of Ridiculousness and Teen Mom but not one repeat of The Challenge?!?!?!?

Trust me, I checked the guide. Any other avenues to see this episode before next week? They aren't even repeating it before next week's new episode. I hate whoever the fucking MTV scheduler is.

Anyway, I know they usually don't post episodes for streaming until several weeks after airing on their app or website. Any other options?
Old 05-31-17, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
My DVR screwed up last night and it didn't record this episode. MTV will shows crazy amounts of repeats the entire week of Ridiculousness and Teen Mom but not one repeat of The Challenge?!?!?!?
I can never figure this out either. It's the only thing I watch on the network and it seems to be the only thing not rerun endlessly.

Anyway, I know they usually don't post episodes for streaming until several weeks after airing on their app or website. Any other options?
Not sure who your provider is, but the episode is already available on-demand with DirecTV.
Old 05-31-17, 04:10 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

You can watch it online: http://www.mtv.com/episodes/75zh4x/c...n-29-ep-cvp103
Old 05-31-17, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Trust me, I checked the guide. Any other avenues to see this episode before next week? They aren't even repeating it before next week's new episode. I hate whoever the fucking MTV scheduler is.

Yup, mine didnt record it either. I always have this issue when it comes to recording the challenges
Old 06-01-17, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My DVR didn't record either, watching on Roku. Wes's reasoning for voting for Cara Marie had me laugh out loud. He wanted to dee the anarchy.
Old 06-07-17, 11:28 AM

9:00 AM PT -- According to cops, Danny was found with 2 vertical lacerations on his forearm ... a common sign of suicide.

MTV reality star Danny Dias was found dead in his Brooklyn apartment on Saturday, June 3, Us Weekly confirms. He was 34.

A New York Police PIO tells Us that authorities responded to a 911 call at approximately 5 p.m. "Police discovered a 34-year-old male unconscious and unresponsive," the PIO tells Us. "The EMS responded and pronounced the male deceased at the scene. No criminality suspected at this time. The Medical Examiner is going to determine the cause of death. There are no arrests and the investigation is ongoing."

According to TMZ, which was first to report the news, one of Dias' friends became concerned when he hadn't heard from the star after trying to contact him for two days. The friend went to check on Dias at his apartment and found him dead in his room.

The Linden, New Jersey, native starred in season 13 of Road Rules in 2004 alongside cast members including Derrick Kosinski, Jodi Weatherton and Patrick Maloney. Dias later appeared on The Challenge in 2005, but was eliminated after four episodes.

Dias attended the Westminster Choir College of Rider University in Princeton, New Jersey, where he majored in music education from 2001 to 2003, according to his IMDb biography.
Old 06-10-17, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

The Challenge is renewed for season 30.

MTV has renewed “The Challenge” for a 30th season, which will have the largest prize in series history: $1 million cash.

Last season’s prize was $350,000 — so this pot is quite a hike.

“The Challenge XXX: Dirty 30,” hosted by BMX biker T.J. Lavin, will premiere on July 18. This season, 30 “Real World” and “Road Rules” alums will head to South America and duke it out for the big check.
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/mtv-renews-...145744625.html
Old 06-10-17, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

Wow July 18th! Another new season in a month! That'll be two full seasons and a 6 episode special competition this year. I guess that means we won't get season 31 until 2018 right? They only do about two seasons a year.
Old 06-10-17, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

MTV is bringing together the dirtiest players in the game for the 30th season of The Challenge… and they’re making the cash prize bigger than ever before. One million dollars big, to be precise.

Last season’s prize was $350,000, so we can only imagine how much more grueling this round will be.

The Challenge XXX: Dirty 30, set in South America, will premiere Tuesday, July 18, and it’ll be “the highest intensity competition to date,” according to the network.

BMX biker T.J. Lavin will be back to host as 30 favorite challengers from across The Real World, Road Rules, and Are You the One? battle (and probably hook up with one another) for the show’s most significant prize pot to date.

And, as we saw in a trailer revealed in a panel at ATX Television Festival, you’d better believe fan faves like Johnny “Bananas” Devenanzio, Cara Maria Sorbello, Camila Nakagawa, and reigning champs Chris “CT” Tamburello and Ashley Mitchell will be there.
Old 06-11-17, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Hopefully they lured Sarah back with that kind of potential prize money.
Old 06-11-17, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

I thought I was done with the challenge, but I looked at the cast spoilers. (just a specific cast member spoiler)

Spoiler:
Derrick is back for the first time since 2010

I'll probably check in for that.
Old 06-11-17, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

This is all MTV has going for it, might as well crank 'em out in overdrive.

And really, no other reality show gets the drama/eye candy/quality comps/proven cast mixture so right.
Old 06-11-17, 07:27 AM

Challengers:

Spoiler:
Females

Amanda Garcia (Are you the one? Season 3)
Aneesa Ferreira (Real World: Chicago)
Ashley Mitchell (Real World: Explosion)
Briana Lacuesta (Are You the one? Season 2) - Replacement
Britni Thornton (Are you the one? Season 3)
Camila Nakawaga (Spring Break challenge)
Cara Maria Sorbello (The Challenge: Fresh Meat 2)
Jemmye Carroll (Real World: New Orleans)
Jenna Compano (Real World: Explosion)
Kailah Casillas (Real World: Go Big or Go Home)
Latoya Jackson (Real World: ST.Thomas)
Marie Roda (Real World: ST.thomas)
Nicole Ramos (The Challenge: Bloodlines)
Simone J.Kelly (Are You the one? season 1)
Tori Deal (Are you the one? Season 4)
Veronica Portillo (Road Rules: Semester at Sea)

Males

Christopher Ammon (Real World: Go Big or Go Home)
Cory Wharton (Real World: Explosion)
CT Tamburello (Real World: Paris)
Dario Medrano (Are You The One ? season 2)
Darrell Taylor (Road Rules: Campus Crawl)
Derrick Henry (Are you the one? Season 5)
Derrick Konsiski (Road Rules:Extreme)
Devin Walker (Are you the one? Season 3)
Hunter Barfield ( Are You The One? season 3)
Johnny “Bananas” Devenanzio (Real World: Key West)
Jordan Wiseley (Real World: Portland)
Leroy Garret (Real World: Las Vegas 2)
Nelson Thomas (Are you the one? Season 3)
Shane Raines (The Challenge: Bloodlines)
Tony Raines (Real World: Skeletons)

Not very impressive, IMO. They should've gotten older people and less AYTO people for the 30th.
Old 06-11-17, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Not very impressive, IMO. They should've gotten older people and less AYTO people for the 30th.
I wish they would bring Averey back... She got screwed by Leroy hurting his back in her last Challenge season....

I was hoping they would do another Battle of the Seasons for Season 30 and try to bring back some long lost cast members. I think it's getting harder to get the older cast members back. A lot of the women (Paula, Theresa, and others) have kids now and I think it would be hard to get them to leave them to go on the show.... Emily has a burgeoning fitness business that she's building and she's not wanting to leave for weeks to do the show. I'm surprised they were able to get CT and Darrell back for multiple seasons since they have small children now...

I guess they are trying to start a new generation of The Challenge with all the AYTO kids since it looks like The Real World is not coming back. They will probably just have AYTO to pull cast members from unless they do a new Fresh Meat season. BTW I'm bummed they didn't cast Cody from Stranded With a Million Dollars. He was really mad when they wouldn't let him be on this season. He's trying to apply for all the CBS reality shows now. I thought he could be someone to take the villain role from Bananas if he ever leaves the show.
Old 06-11-17, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lwhy?
BTW I'm bummed they didn't cast Cody from Stranded With a Million Dollars. He was really mad when they wouldn't let him be on this season. He's trying to apply for all the CBS reality shows now. I thought he could be someone to take the villain role from Bananas if he ever leaves the show.
Would have loved to see Cody on the Challenge, and definitely Makani as well.
Old 06-12-17, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Would have loved to see Cody on the Challenge, and definitely Makani as well.
I would have thought that he would be a perfect fit. Makani too, but especially Cody. I wonder what their reasons are for not casting them. Makes no sense.

Devon from AYTO is a good choice. He's smart and a schemer.
Old 06-12-17, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I thought I was done with the challenge, but I looked at the cast spoilers. (just a specific cast member spoiler)

Spoiler:
Derrick is back for the first time since 2010

I'll probably check in for that.
The cast is pretty weak so I'll be looking forward to seeing that person again but I was really hoping it was Evelyn.
Old 06-13-17, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Victor really is the worst.
Old 06-14-17, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Victor really is the worst.
He is astonishingly bad at this job.

If he was doing a movie satire of bad TV show hosts the director would ask him to take it down a notch.
Old 06-14-17, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh, this is where all the talk of the next challenge went. I avoided the thread since I didn't watch last week's episode until last night to catch up.

I can't figure out how to feel about Ashley, i'm tired of her stupid outbursts but then i'll see her cry after Lolo donated money to her charity and I feel bad. Kind of like her winning last season where I was sick of her shit but she had such a proud moment after actually winning.
Old 06-14-17, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
He is astonishingly bad at this job.

If he was doing a movie satire of bad TV show hosts the director would ask him to take it down a notch.
He really is quite awful. Distractingly bad to the point it almost ruins the show.

Mixed on Ashley as well. She's annoying but you have to like the fight and she does compete.

Rough physical challenge and then they made them do the elimination comp that same night and it was physical as well.
Old 06-14-17, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Any reason why T.J. didn't host the Pros vs. Champs?

He is the perfect host for this show in my opinion.

I used to not be a fan of his in the early years just because he seemed too aloof and quiet. But now I enjoy his standoffish presence as opposed to Jeff Probst who inserts himself way too much.
Old 06-14-17, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any reason why T.J. didn't host the Pros vs. Champs?

He is the perfect host for this show in my opinion.

I used to not be a fan of his in the early years just because he seemed too aloof and quiet. But now I enjoy his standoffish presence as opposed to Jeff Probst who inserts himself way too much.
They probably wanted a pro athlete from a more popular sport. Also probably wanted to differentiate this season from the others due to the pro aspect.

Same opinion on TJ. Wasn't a fan of his in the early years but now - and especially after suffering through Victor - you kind of appreciate how he handles things.

They do these cutaways to Victor where he comments on the action and it's like they clearly did it after the comp and his delivery affect is so bizarre and takes me right the fuck out of the comp.
Old 06-14-17, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Finisher
They do these cutaways to Victor where he comments on the action and it's like they clearly did it after the comp and his delivery affect is so bizarre and takes me right the fuck out of the comp.
I agree. It was probably at its worst this past episode. I just wanted him to shut the fuck up...which is basically what I want Probst to do during every Survivor challenge.

But you are correct. His delivery made it sooo much worse.
Old 06-14-17, 11:47 AM

It's just a spinoff season anyway. It seemed like they churned out these three seasons (Invasion, CvP, XXX) really close together. Maybe he just wanted some time off.

I kind of preferred Johnny Mosley.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.