Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead (S7E16) -- Season Finale -- "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life"

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S7E16) -- Season Finale -- "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life"

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-17, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S7E16) -- Season Finale -- "The First Day of the Rest of Your L

I thought Enid was already a season regular. She got her own backstory (which was pretty interesting) a season or two ago.
Old 04-17-17, 11:55 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S7E16) -- Season Finale -- "The First Day of the Rest of Your L

Trash Lady should only be in one more episode, the one where Rick puts a bullet in her supercuts special haircut for double crossing him.
Old 04-17-17, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It takes a lot of "regulars" to produce 16 filler episodes.
Old 04-17-17, 11:00 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

There are only 3 cast members left whose death will have any impact (Darryl, Rick and Maggie )

Tara, Morgan, Rosita no one will care if they die.

They need to bring on more cool characters for the audiences to get attached to.
Old 04-17-17, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 274 Likes on 203 Posts

I'd argue that Carol's death would have a greater impact for me than Maggie. Morgan in the past would have had a big impact but less so now.

Don't forget Coral too.
Old 04-18-17, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I agree Carol and Carl > Maggie

Probably put Morgan, Maggie, Michonne, Eugene on tier two.

Tara, Rosita, Jesus, Enid, maybe one or two more I can't remember off hand on tier three. Jesus has potential to climb if they ever stop doing Tara episodes and do something with him.

Everyone else with a name on tier four.

And the rest.
Old 04-18-17, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I agree Carol and Carl > Maggie

Probably put Morgan, Maggie, Michonne, Eugene on tier two.

Michonne has become one of the worst characters on the show. They should have never made her and Rick a couple, as she was becoming a good Shane to Rick (remember when she knocked him out when he was acting crazy waving his gun around when they got to Alexandria).

There are just too many characters on this show I just don't care about anymore: Eugene, Tara, Enid, Aaron, Father Gabriel, Rosita. They never really developed any of them (we got glimpses of Enid and Father Gabriel but they are forgotten characters at this point.) Then to make Carol a part time player, along with Maggie just working on the farm everyday didn't help last season much either.
Old 04-18-17, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
It wouldn't bother me if they ran 20 seasons as long as: they go back to season 1 and relearn how to tell a story and move a plot along. If they coould come up with density like that again I would not hesitate to keep watching for as long as they wanted to keep making episodes. No doubt I'll keep watching regardless, but a guy can dream. Oh, and quit pretending you have 20 principle characters because you absolutely do not.
That pretty much sums up how I feel - I want so bad for this show to be good again as well.
Old 04-18-17, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
Michonne has become one of the worst characters on the show. They should have never made her and Rick a couple, as she was becoming a good Shane to Rick

There are just too many characters on this show I just don't care about anymore: Eugene, Tara, Enid, Aaron, Father Gabriel, Rosita
Yep, Michonne has become my least favorite character. Can't stand the character now and never was fond of the one note actress. Was actively rooting for her death. I never really bought her as a badass and now they're pushing sex kitten .. it's just cringe. Actress seems capable of two faces: resting bitch face that just smelled a nasty dog fart (90% of the time) or fake forced smile (10% of the time).

This show is good at ruining characters. They could kill them all and no fucks given. Would actually welcome it, and if the show had balls they'd let Negan wipe these retards out and the show becomes about Negan and him running his empire. Honestly Eugene is the lone character I remotely care about at this point because he's the only one smart enough to put himself in a better situation.
Old 04-18-17, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

The only two characters I really care about at this point is Daryl and Jesus. A huge part of the cast definitely needs to either die or be focused on less. We don't need 80% of each season focusing on b-characters that should be mostly nothing more than red-shirts.

I can't stand Tara or Rosita either one.
Old 04-18-17, 08:28 PM

Yep i forgot Carol

Carl dying would just be funny

If Enid died in a gang rape/murder type scenario that would be bad

Actually there is one other death which would hit hard, and that would be Judith
Old 04-18-17, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 318 Likes on 217 Posts

Honestly I don't think anyone's death would impact me much at this point. They have sucked the life out of even the longstanding characters.
Old 04-19-17, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The only characters from the main group that it would bother me to see killed off:

Rick
Daryl
Carol
Morgan
Eugene
If I'm feeling generous, Jesus and Carl

For the rest I would basically welcome their death at this point, or maybe worse yet not care. It would force them to come up with some fresh story instead of plodding along with far too much story time devoted to characters completely unworthy of it.
Old 04-19-17, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The only characters I care about anymore:

Rick
Darryl
Carol
Maggie

The rest of the cast could die and it wouldn't have any impact on me. That is why the Sasha episode was such a dud for me. I actually thought it was a pretty good Season Finale, but it had no dramatic impact at all for me throughout the episode.
Old 04-19-17, 07:10 AM

Eugene i want to see die

Morgan i want to see die

they need to bring in some really likeable, really cool, really skilled new characters. Characters with a skillset that blow Rick's merry band away

Some Russians, part of Spetznaz alpha group who were on a covert mission in the US when the outbreak hit or Japanese Yakuza

Just something different to the bunch of rednecks they always encounter.
Old 04-19-17, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

I'm surprised people care about the Jesus character. Since he was introduced to the show, he really hasn't had much to say or do it seems. I don't hate the character, nor do I like the character... he just exists and has made little impact to anything.
Old 04-19-17, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Coral
I'm surprised people care about the Jesus character. Since he was introduced to the show, he really hasn't had much to say or do it seems. I don't hate the character, nor do I like the character... he just exists and has made little impact to anything.
I agree as he is just another new character that had potential and was never developed. They could do so much more with character development on this show, and they have pretty much thrown it out the window the past few seasons.
Old 04-19-17, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Coral
I generally agree, but I think his character has potential if they would quit wasting so much time on worthless characters. Then again, maybe the reason he still has potential is because they pretty much left him alone and haven't taken the time to ruin him yet.
Old 04-19-17, 10:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://tvline.com/2017/04/17/the-wal...eries-regular/

Just what the show needs more series regulars. Actors who play Simon, Enid and Jadis all promoted for season 8.

Yay More crazy Trash lady
There will probably be a whole episode devoted to Trash Lady and the Dump People explaining how they came to be. Talking Dead will then spend an hour telling viewers that it was the greatest hour on television ever produced.

Yay?
Old 04-19-17, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BGPu
There will probably be a whole episode devoted to Trash Lady and the Dump People explaining how they came to be. Talking Dead will then spend an hour telling viewers that it was the greatest hour on television ever produced.

Yay?
Chris Hardwick: We have the actress here who plays Trash Lady, and can I just say that your performance was amazing tonight! You killed it when you were leading all of your followers in this Mad Max type episode!
Old 04-19-17, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 268 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
Chris Hardwick: We have the actress here who plays Trash Lady, and can I just say that your performance was amazing tonight! You killed it when you were leading all of your followers in this Mad Max type episode!
With your incredible hand signals and gibberish speak.
Old 07-14-17, 12:07 PM

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...f3f12d1ee1d119

Stuntman dies on the set

Pretty sad

I hope it doesn't result in toning down action scenes in the show
Old 07-14-17, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Can the action scenes be toned down any more? I don't remember them ever being very spectacular in this show.
Old 07-14-17, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,248 Likes on 858 Posts

Warning: insensitive comments in poor taste ahead ...

I call bullshit. The article claims he fell from an 8-metre balcony in a town 57 kilometres away from Atlanta. Those communist measurements don't exist in Georgia.

It's OK, he'll be back. Unless they made sure he won't come back.
Old 07-14-17, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
I call bullshit. The article claims he fell from an 8-metre balcony in a town 57 kilometres away from Atlanta. Those communist measurements don't exist in Georgia.
Makes sense though since most of the cast is from the Commonwealth.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.