The Walking Dead (S7E14) -- "The Other Side" -- 3/19/17

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-19-17, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Episode 7.14 - The Other Side
The Saviors visit the Hilltop unexpectedly, surprising everyone, with plans of taking more than supplies.

Episode 14 of 16
Old 03-19-17, 07:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Walking Dead (S7E14) -- "The Other Side" -- 3/19/17

With 2 episodes left this season, you gotta think that this would be an exciting episode that really moves the story along. We'll see soon enough....
Old 03-19-17, 07:07 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

has the POTENTIAL to be an interesting couple of episodes since apparently this season

Spoiler:
doesn't end in a cliffhanger

and since Negan

Spoiler:
is alive in the comics, and JDM has signed on for more than one season

I wonder how it's all going to play out.

Sort of.
Old 03-19-17, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Hmm...other than the conversation between Maggie and Daryl, a whole lot of nothing going on. Hopefully Sasha
Spoiler:
and her wide eyed "acting" are history (since she's was created for the show, no big loss) since she's gone ahead with her nonsensical one woman attack on Negan.
She's been unbearable as a character for some time now
Old 03-19-17, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, it was a boring episode.

Based on the previews it seems next week is more of the same.
Old 03-20-17, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 569 Posts

Still taking forever to get to where they need to go.

They need to change the name of the show to "Stupid People Doing Stupid Things".
Darryl's stupidity caused Glenn's death (and it appears to bother him) - so let's double-down on the stupidity and try to kill a Saviour so you can be responsible for another of the gangs death in retaliation.

There's going to be a coordinated attack on the Saviours, so what point is there for Rosita/Sasha to go after Negan so early? You're exponentially increasing the odds of dying yourself (even if you do kill Negan), and you're certainly going to be unleashing retaliation and probably killing off the chance of a future attack. Even if we chalk it up to blood-thirsty personal revenge, why in the holy fuck would Jesus or anyone else allow them to leave?
Old 03-20-17, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
They need to change the name of the show to Stupid People Doing Stupid Things
This entire ep was people hiding in either a cellar or doing one of the worst tactical stake out ever. As they switch between just no one bothering to watch at all to just standing in plain view in the widow, while sticking the entire gun out side in profile.

sigh.. I swear if this shows was ANYTHING other than zombies I would of stopped watching a few season back. I'm disgusted with myself... lol
Old 03-20-17, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
sigh.. I swear if this shows was ANYTHING other than zombies I would of stopped watching a few season back. I'm disgusted with myself... lol
You're not alone!
Old 03-20-17, 07:10 AM

I am so invested in this show that there is no way I will be able to stop watching til the end. As boring as it is I still watch every week with so much hope. They really need to get rid of Scott Gimple. He is to blame in my book.
Old 03-20-17, 08:51 AM
Admin

Received 459 Likes on 301 Posts

The episode was pretty much what I expected. I'm sure Sasha is not dead. She will appear as a hostage and maybe be killed later. Hopefully that Hilltop leader will be on his way out soon and Maggie can take over.

I was really annoyed at AMC for pushing in Into the Badlands between TWD and Talking Dead. I don't care about that show. I didn't even bother watching Talking Dead because it was on so late and that's not a show I'm going to record and watch later.
Old 03-20-17, 08:52 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the problem is they've reached a point where 1) everyone still alive at this point should be skilled zombie killers/avoiders, and 2) the population should be dwindled to the point where anyone still alive can stake out an area 100s of miles from other survivors and never have to see another large organized group. But neither of these things lends itself to tv drama, so they continue to let their characters make stupid decisions concerning both zombies and human villains.
Old 03-20-17, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

This entire ep was people hiding in either a cellar or doing one of the worst tactical stake out ever. As they switch between just no one bothering to watch at all to just standing in plain view in the widow, while sticking the entire gun out side in profile.

I lol'd during that scene. So many things wrong. Rifle out the window, facing the sun with the scope open. Just ridiculous, but this is TWD, and I'm still watching it, like a sucker.

It was also stupid, when in the scene with Maggie and Darryl in the cellar, Maggie's face was lit up like a christmas tree against the dark background.

Last edited by andicus; 03-20-17 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-20-17, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
Yep, it was a boring episode.
Even the hardcore defenders at my work kinda shrugged this morning regarding last night's episode. There is just no buzz on this show anymore compared to earlier seasons.
Old 03-20-17, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Was cringing most of the episode. Writers of this show pretty much only know how to further plot via character idiocy. But this was stupid even by TWD standards. Standing in front of the window, gun completely out, not simply camping up there another day waiting for a clean shot - c'mon this is just beyond idiocy. Taking on an army obviously isn't going to work and now you've made it significantly more difficult for the others to carry out their plans as Negan's guard will be way up.
Old 03-20-17, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

This is a show that would benefit a great deal from AMC giving it an announced end date, like ABC did with Lost. At least then the writers could map out the plotting and characterization. This being AMC's big hit, it will get run into the ground rehashing the same tired zombie antics.

I watched this episode in about 15 minutes by fastforwarding through pointless characters and drawn-out scenes. It's the only way I watch The Walking Dead these days.
Old 03-20-17, 02:18 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Maybe not the worst episode, but certainly the most boring.
Old 03-20-17, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

So Maggie isn't even showing yet? How many months is she supposed to be? It's been at least over a year of our time since she got pregnant, right?
Old 03-20-17, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

Looks to me like we've got a future Sasha episode coming. No way they let us off with her just disappearing into the haze of battle. So stand by for that piece of magnificence.
Old 03-20-17, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts

I guess all of the speculation that Eugene was playing along with Negan and wasn't really turning to the dark side went right out the window last night. He may not be 100% Team Negan, but he's definitely abandoned team Lets Do Something Stupid And Get Someone Killed (aka Team Rick)
Old 03-20-17, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
I guess all of the speculation that Eugene was playing along with Negan and wasn't really turning to the dark side went right out the window last night. He may not be 100% Team Negan, but he's definitely abandoned team Lets Do Something Stupid And Get Someone Killed (aka Team Rick)
Not only is he at the Cool Kids table, he is given status towards the head of the table, of course he is all in and he saw what happens to elite positions that are not loyal, he is making sure not to make those mistakes.
Old 03-20-17, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
So Maggie isn't even showing yet? How many months is she supposed to be? It's been at least over a year of our time since she got pregnant, right?
I noticed the same thing. Her stomach was as flat as a board - basically the actresses in-shape body. Maggie has to be about 4 months pregnant at this point, so she should have a noticeable bump or something.
Old 03-20-17, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
Seems like Eugene might have a Stockholm Syndrome thing going on.

Watching his solo episode, he was open to assassinating Negan with the wives, but backed out when he saw Doctor Carson burned alive. I also think he had a feeling Dwight set the doctor up and got paranoid about the plot to poison Negan, so he's not going to do anything to rock the boat or draw attention to himself. I'm also not 100% sure that the wives weren't testing Eugene for Negan when they wanted him to manufacture poison.
Old 03-20-17, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

FINALLY happy to see people waking up...
Old 03-20-17, 09:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

watching this was like watching paint dry... oh thank god there's only two episodes left of the season
Old 03-21-17, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
This being AMC's big hit
They don't treat it enough like their big hit. They need the writing teams from superior television shows like 'Breaking Bad.' The show needs a bigger budget and they need to be willing to go darker. I would have had Daryl be the final victim killed by Negan after Abraham and Glenn, and if the show didn't have the Governor take Rick's hand, Negan could have.

That said, I expected an actual 'Negan' episode by now. One that has him drop his cartoonish, grinning persona and show us how everything he does is meant for others to underestimate/overestimate him, but ultimately keep everyone too afraid.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.