Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S7E13) -- "Bury Me Here" -- 3/12/17

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-17, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Walking Dead (S7E13) -- "Bury Me Here" -- 3/12/17

Things do not go as planned when a group of Kingdommers delivers goods to the Saviors during a routine supply drop-off.

Episode 13 of 16
Old 03-12-17, 09:38 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S7E13) -- "Bury Me Here" -- 3/12/17

Old 03-12-17, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dex14
Sums up my feeling on the episode.
Old 03-13-17, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm thinking it'll be a little too deep for many people to understand, but it was a good episode for what was.
Old 03-13-17, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

I have done my fair share of bitching, but I had never before asked myself during an episode "What am I getting out of this?" I did that twice this episode -- very early on when we almost suffered blunt force trauma from the clumsy and heavy handed telegraphing (re: Gimple's idea of foreshadowing) of Ben's death. The second time was during Morgan's "I'm a teenage girl who was dumped at prom" freak out.

Honestly, I still watch on Sunday nights (for the most part) only because I have nothing else to do. Otherwise, I would record the half season and binge watch. It is painfully obvious Gimple is NOT making a show intended for week to week viewing.

Morgan killing Richard was just plain stupid. The lead Savior not killing long-haired dickhead was just plain stupid.

It is painfully obvious we are not getting a war this season.
Old 03-13-17, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 03-13-17, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
I'm thinking it'll be a little too deep for many people to understand, but it was a good episode for what was.
Legion is deep. Taboo is deep. This is a red solo cup.
Old 03-13-17, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Please, enlighten!
Old 03-13-17, 01:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

If the Kingdom has no intention of fighting the Saviors why do they show up to a meeting with them, loaded with valuable guns that they can just take away from them?
Old 03-13-17, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Morgan is insufferable. The show has ruined his character. Everyone else who suffered when he was going crazy I.e. At Terminus, by the Governor, against the wolves, , no... they shouldn't use violence but he is sanctimonious when he isn't suffering and only when things affect him then yeah murder someone in cold blood. Screw him.
Old 03-13-17, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

That is why I really enjoyed this episode and want to watch it again as there are alot of layers to why Morgan reacted this way.

These are the kinds of episodes the show has gotten away from the last 2 seasons, and a big reason why I've been down on it. This week and last week also show the difference in the quality of acting too. The actors who play Morgan and Carol just killed it this episode, compared to Rosita and Tara who are just terrible and sometimes take you right out of the episode.
Old 03-13-17, 09:00 AM

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Ugh...I didn't think there was a way they could make Morgan any more unlikable.

Hey guys, don't kill! It's super wrong and I won't do it! So what if people died as a result of my pacifism!! Oh, wait...murder IS ok guys, I was wrong this whole time! Yeah, in the end it played out somewhat the way it was originally planned, but it just made his character all the more annoying.

I've never really minded them stretching story lines a bit over the years, but they are REALLY stretching this out too much. This season should end with all the "armies" ready to go to war so that next season can start with a bang and end the Negan threat at the midpoint of next season (curious if they will do what the comics did, but can't see them pulling it off). And don't get me started on the CW version of Thunderdome crew. Sheesh.
Old 03-13-17, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
This season should end with all the "armies" ready to go to war so that next season can start with a bang and end the Negan threat at the midpoint of next season (curious if they will do what the comics did, but can't see them pulling it off).
I could see the season ending with an initial fight involving the communities with the hint of the larger fight in the next season.

Spoiler:
I think they might pull it off if they don't mind eating JDM's salary until current events. With the foreshadowing of Morgan building the cell last season, and Rick earlier this season when he decides to fight and deciding in the cell. I hope so as those conversations would be great to see. Especially the Manga moment.
Old 03-13-17, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Even though I enjoyed this episode, my one beef is when Morgan recapped who died and what has happened to Carol.

TV writing 101 is you don't repeat anything that has already been talked about. When you do that you are not trusting the audience by spelling everything out.

A good writer would have written that scene where once Carol asks for the truth, Morgan would reply, 'The whole truth?'. Then he would walk in the house and the door would close. The next scene would be Carol walking with a determined look on her face so the audience would get that she knew about Glenn and the others. Very lazy writing for that scene.
Old 03-13-17, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff

Morgan killing Richard was just plain stupid.
After confessing to Morgan, Richard said they(the kingdom) need to rebuild the Savior's confidence that they are playing ball and not hostile, while at the same time planning for war.
Morgan may have killed Richard in front of the Saviors just to make them think that everything's still cool like before. Saviors won't be suspicious after that.
Old 03-13-17, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when we almost suffered blunt force trauma from the clumsy and heavy handed telegraphing (re: Gimple's idea of foreshadowing) of Ben's death
yeah that was some straight up Black Dynamite level action right there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oG82W_UHYGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-13-17, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Yes, very deep episode. It's Shakespeare and Tolstoy all rolled into one. Of course, I'll need it translated in crayon pictures since it's so complex.

Originally Posted by rw2516
Morgan may have killed Richard in front of the Saviors just to make them think that everything's still cool like before. Saviors won't be suspicious after that.
That's exactly why he did it. Richard was trying to sacrifice himself to get the Kingdom to fight, but now Morgan figures Richard has another shot at making his death useful by using it as a way to bring the Saviours guard down.

Although I think a simple "we understand" would have sufficed since many others have died at the Saviours hands and it hasn't brought up any revenge - so what's one more? All it really does it provide the rebellion with one less hungry fighter that they could really use.
Old 03-13-17, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

After confessing to Morgan, Richard said they(the kingdom) need to rebuild the Savior's confidence that they are playing ball and not hostile, while at the same time planning for war.
No, of course they won't be suspicious when Morgan repeats Richard's last sentence to them right after he kills him and tells the Saviors that Richard wanted to start some shit.

No, not suspicious at all.

For all my problems with the believability of Negan, he would have handled this in a much more decisive and beneficial (for the Saviors) manner.
Old 03-13-17, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Flatlander
I could see the season ending with an initial fight involving the communities with the hint of the larger fight in the next season.

Spoiler:
I think they might pull it off if they don't mind eating JDM's salary until current events. With the foreshadowing of Morgan building the cell last season, and Rick earlier this season when he decides to fight and deciding in the cell. I hope so as those conversations would be great to see. Especially the Manga moment.
My prediction for the end of the season is

Spoiler:
Rick ends up killing Trevor and the rest of the Saviors with him, either at Hilltop or Alexandria. At this point, they're committed to the war. The mid-season finale this fall sees Negan in Morgan's cell.
Old 03-13-17, 04:39 PM

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
My prediction for the end of the season is

Spoiler:
Rick ends up killing Trevor and the rest of the Saviors with him, either at Hilltop or Alexandria. At this point, they're committed to the war. The mid-season finale this fall sees Negan in Morgan's cell.
With all the changes they've made (compared to the comics) who else
Spoiler:
might end up in the cell? Is the time jump of the length in the comics even needed?
Old 03-13-17, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
No, of course they won't be suspicious when Morgan repeats Richard's last sentence to them right after he kills him and tells the Saviors that Richard wanted to start some shit.

No, not suspicious at all.

For all my problems with the believability of Negan, he would have handled this in a much more decisive and beneficial (for the Saviors) manner.
By coming completely clean with the Saviors, telling them the truth, and then killing the person responsible right there in front of them, seems to have worked. The Savior's seemed to be cool with the situation, believing the lone troublemaker had been taken care off.

Negan would have approved of it I think. "God damn! You see that shit! You are one bad fucker Morgan! Kill that shit with your bare hands! Gotta remember not to have you give a handjob! Wooo-eee! Damn! That is some bad shit!"
Old 03-13-17, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
Yes, very deep episode. It's Shakespeare and Tolstoy all rolled into one. Of course, I'll need it translated in crayon pictures since it's so complex.

Although I think a simple "we understand" would have sufficed since many others have died at the Saviours hands and it hasn't brought up any revenge - so what's one more? All it really does it provide the rebellion with one less hungry fighter that they could really use.
This show is about as deep as a kiddie pool. They pretty much telegraphed what was going to happen. Anyway, killing your own guy and bringing up rebellion raises more eyebrows than a simple "we're good." Saviors must be used to dealing with pushback, seemed totally unnecessary. Seriously cannot stand the Morgan character; only thing these writers are good at is making you dislike most of the characters.
Old 03-13-17, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
Even though I enjoyed this episode, my one beef is when Morgan recapped who died and what has happened to Carol.

TV writing 101 is you don't repeat anything that has already been talked about. When you do that you are not trusting the audience by spelling everything out.

A good writer would have written that scene where once Carol asks for the truth, Morgan would reply, 'The whole truth?'. Then he would walk in the house and the door would close. The next scene would be Carol walking with a determined look on her face so the audience would get that she knew about Glenn and the others. Very lazy writing for that scene.

What you described seems more lazy to me. What we got in this episode was a wonderful piece of acting as we see the tears well up in Carol's eyes as Morgan gives her the blunt truth. It was a very powerful, emotional moment to me that was a mirror image of her reunion with Daryl.
Old 03-13-17, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh I understand that. Care to try to explain why the Buddhist pacifist just strangled a teammate with his bare hands when he wouldn't even kill enemies or walkers before?

Or why everybody stands there shitting their shorts instead of doing something?

Or why Richard's death wish was OK to honor but Carol's was not?

Last edited by Abob Teff; 03-13-17 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-13-17, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh I understand that. Care to try to explain why the Buddhist pacifist just strangled a teammate with his bare hands when he wouldn't even kill enemies or walkers before?

Or why everybody stands there shitting their shorts instead of doing something?

Or why Richard's death wish was OK to honor but Carol's was not?
That's the problem I have. There's often no rhyme or reason to what the hell happens on this show.

I binged seasons 2-6 last year leading up to the last few episodes of season 6. If you cut out all of the filler most seasons could have been 4 episodes long.

Right after I binge watched all of Game of Thrones. Not trying to start an argument, but this show is not even close to GoT with regards to just about everything, yet they are both wildly popular.

There are some enjoyable episodes, but they are few and far between.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.