The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions (MTV) -- premieres 2/7/17

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions (MTV) -- premieres 2/7/17

Old 03-08-17, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions (MTV) -- premieres 2/7/17

Originally Posted by fumanstan
You still seem really harsh on Tony, since i've seen you bring that up a few times now. He was saying all the right things on the show compared to the previous seasons, especially after seeing Nelson's drunk behavior, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now... but maybe I don't hold having a kid with different women as poorly as you do, especially if the father actually stays in the picture.
Good on him for finally admitting what a raging and abusive assoholic he is. Wild guess but that just might have something to do with why he is not still with any of the women he has bred with.

But hopefully to that we can add that he is a great dad those two weekends a month (one per month from his various kids' perspective). Scheduling could get tough if in the span of a couple of years he has a third child with a third woman.
Old 03-08-17, 01:41 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

Wow. Are you related to one of the baby mamas or something?
Old 03-08-17, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

As far as I know, he is in fact with the mother of his second daughter and has been since he and Madison broke up.

By all indications, that health scare he had in Bloodline, his behavior at Rivals 3, and the birth of his kids have really made him reevaluate his life and he seems to be growing up. Barring any conflicting reports, I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt and just take him at face value. He appears to be doing the right thing and is with the mother of his 2nd child and is at least involved with his daughter with Madison on some level as he is included in family pictures and stuff.

I know he rubs some people the wrong way and deservedly so based on some of his past behavior, but until I see proof of more idiot behavior, I am going to give him a pass and accept that he has grown up.

I mean if CT can go from literally attempting to kill someone and assaulting multiple people to a wizened elder statesman vet and father, then there is no reason Tony cannot do the same.

YMMV.

Last edited by Unclejosh; 03-08-17 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-08-17, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Good on him for finally admitting what a raging and abusive assoholic he is. Wild guess but that just might have something to do with why he is not still with any of the women he has bred with.

But hopefully to that we can add that he is a great dad those two weekends a month (one per month from his various kids' perspective). Scheduling could get tough if in the span of a couple of years he has a third child with a third woman.
Wow, sounds like this sort of thing strikes a nerve with you given I thought my response was fairly level headed but instead generated an even more intense response from you But yeah, unless you happen to know him or the women personally and know things we haven't seen on TV, my outlook on the situation isn't nearly that negative. To each their own I suppose.
Old 03-15-17, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 801 Likes on 591 Posts

You can never go wrong starting off an episode with three women naked in the pool. They actually had a challenge and an elimination in the same episode this week. That's rare. I hate to see Ashley K go. She was really good looking and I'll miss seeing her in and out of that swimsuit.

Looking at the promo they showed for this season:
Spoiler:
Did I miss something? I thought Laurel was straight or has always been bi or gay? They showed her making out with Nicole in the promo and then getting upset when Nicole tries to hook up with Cara.
Old 03-15-17, 02:08 PM

Ashley K was a real natural beauty.

I have some vague recollection of Laurel swinging both ways in the past.
Old 03-15-17, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Laurel and Nicole are together, they've been posting pictures together on Instagram for a few weeks now
Old 03-15-17, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MFRONE
Laurel and Nicole are together, they've been posting pictures together on Instagram for a few weeks now
I did not see that coming....
Old 03-16-17, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I found it odd that they are keeping the Champs with 2 less competitors for each sex. I kind of figured we would have two rounds of the Underdog elimination until a champ elimination. Keeps the champs at a disadvantage in many challenges, but I guess could be a bonus since you are carrying less dead weight.

I hope Darrell or CT win for the men, I would love to see one of them beat Bananas in a elimination. I think after they saw him manipulate them to get high time in this event, they will not let that happen again.
Old 03-17-17, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What also stinks is based on the way it is going, that only 1 champ of each sex will be competing for the final against 2 underdogs. Maybe they figured they had to do it that way or it would be all champs in the final.
Old 03-17-17, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
What also stinks is based on the way it is going, that only 1 champ of each sex will be competing for the final against 2 underdogs. Maybe they figured they had to do it that way or it would be all champs in the final.
Yeah I think that's how it will go as well. Not a fan of that.
Old 03-29-17, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That was a good battle between Darrell and Bananas. Laurel vs Cara Maria should be good too. The Underdogs played dirty in the team challenge though. They all just piled on The Champs...

I'm really hoping Jenna wins this season. She's been to the final in every season that she's participated in and has a good chance to win unless they put in a food challenge....

BTW would anyone be up for a Stranded With A Million Dollars Thread? That show is getting really good.
Old 03-29-17, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terrible setup where the show could lose Bananas (even though I don't like him) and one of either CM or Laurel this early. Probably CM because Laurel is a freak of nature with her giant feet.

The fake/staged or even real freak outs are just not remotely entertaining to me anymore. Camila is so annoying to pull this kind of stuff every season. All the vets but her have matured.

Seems like they want to force the underdog people on us to see if they can find new "stars" to keep the franchise rolling. Without CM, Laurel and CT, I wouldn't be interested in this at all.
Old 03-29-17, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MFRONE
Watching rat faced Nicole operate this episode shows how much game and confidence make a difference. There is no way she should be with Laurel.

Definitely going to be a major loss losing both Johnny as big a douche as he is and then either Cara or Laurel.

Stranded with a Million Dollars is interesting. Find myself surprised by how much I loathe the "bullies."
Old 03-29-17, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Finisher
Stranded with a Million Dollars is interesting. Find myself surprised by how much I loathe the "bullies."
By "bullies" are you referring to the group of four or the twosome of Makani and Cody? Cody is very entertaining and I hope he ends up on The Challenge. He could be a good villain on there and a rival for Bananas.
Old 03-30-17, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
By "bullies" are you referring to the group of four or the twosome of Makani and Cody? Cody is very entertaining and I hope he ends up on The Challenge. He could be a good villain on there and a rival for Bananas.
Talking about the four and specifically when they bought the tent and food with the group money and decided Cody and Makani couldn't use/eat their buys. Those shitheads should've realized Cody and Makani are going nowhere and they needed their cooperation to last.

Cody is kind of a douche but he's definitely the most entertaining of the group. Also seems only him and Makani have any survival skills whatsoever.
Old 03-30-17, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Finisher
Talking about the four and specifically when they bought the tent and food with the group money and decided Cody and Makani couldn't use/eat their buys. Those shitheads should've realized Cody and Makani are going nowhere and they needed their cooperation to last.

Cody is kind of a douche but he's definitely the most entertaining of the group. Also seems only him and Makani have any survival skills whatsoever.
It doesn't seem fair that people could order food with the whole group's prize money pool and not have to share the food. You would think the producers would intervene somehow...
Spoiler:
At least they got paid back for doing it this week....
Old 03-30-17, 11:11 AM

Please start a thread for that show if you want to continue discussing it.
Old 03-31-17, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Caught up on the last 3 weeks after being away for work. I don't get the Nicole stuff either, the accent alone would drive me nuts.

I prefer seeing more of the champs in the end too, but I agree they would just dominate until the final if it was even. Doesn't seem like any of the newer people match up well with any of the guys that they brought in. None of the newer girls are that interesting either, and Ashley and Amanda look and talk more like trailer trash.
Old 04-04-17, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whoever the male from champion side will win, no doubt in my mind. If it's Laurel for the females she will too.
I like watching CT just watch and laugh at all the nonsense and drama that goes on in the house, when he used to be the guy causing a lot of it in previous years. I loved that he called out Bananas for always stirring the pot a couple episodes ago, pretty funny
Old 04-04-17, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I loved the little wave and point to himself that CT did when Hunter was on his "who can beat me" rant
Old 04-04-17, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

Finally watch one on air night and it turns out to be a non-episode. Other than the eliminations from last week (that should have aired last week) nothing happened. It's not like there was some compelling drama or out of competition scandal that warranted this either. What a total waste.
Old 04-05-17, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mh4268
Whoever the male from champion side will win, no doubt in my mind. If it's Laurel for the females she will too.
I like watching CT just watch and laugh at all the nonsense and drama that goes on in the house, when he used to be the guy causing a lot of it in previous years. I loved that he called out Bananas for always stirring the pot a couple episodes ago, pretty funny
I think Laurel will win with Jenna giving her a run for her money. I think the Champions for the guy's side will probably win, but I think CT and Darrell are a little out of shape than they usually are. Hunter or Cory could give them a run for their money.

Also, I agree CT has been very, very entertaining this season. Looking at The Challenge wiki Darrell and CT are both around 36 years old. I wonder if this will be their last hurrah, but I hope they both come back since they are awesome!

During the female elimination, I thought it was brutal how Laurel was grabbing Cara by the neck. She was clotheslining her. I didn't think that would be legal and you would have to go lower on someone.

Also, have they ever had an blood bath elimination before? I can't remember one that had more than one guy or girl vs one guy or girl or one team of two versus another team of two.
Old 04-05-17, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
I loved the little wave and point to himself that CT did when Hunter was on his "who can beat me" rant
Ha, I missed that. Watching him mature gives me hope that some of these kids will eventually as well (if they live that long).
Old 04-05-17, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I love CT, but I'm worried about his stamina. He's strong but he's carrying some extra weight and I think he was the only guy (?) that wasn't able to pull up the rope to the flag. Going head-on against Darrell or Hunter will be difficult for him. He does bring the funny, though.

Why would Laurel choose Nicole as her first bi-curious relationship. Yuck!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.